Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Beans - Am I a weirdo?

Options
  • 09-11-2014 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭

I eat cold beans. This is somewhat of a family thing, although the rest of my family also eat warm beans. I can't, find them disgusting. Recently, I was treated with disdain for my cold bean preference. A few people found it shocking and unheard of.

Does anyone else eat cold beans? I think they're delicious.

Also, you should try hot mashed potatoes with cold beans on top. The contrast in temperature creates a taste and aroma which may truly arouse the envy of the gods.

Do you like cold beans? 80 votes

No, you weirdo.
    0%
    No, that's disgusing.
    32%
    ixoyswingkingIcarasMars Barcarlmango11robertpattersonfandoAntar BolaeiskSkylineheadmicarmontyrebelKD11sentient_6looking_aroundc_manConchirmooseknunklecraggleRuuThe Diabolical Monocle 26 votes
    I love cold beans.
    26%
    StarktoxofollaettaquickbeamsidneykidneyHead_Hunterdm09PotatoemanScummyManpaulmclaughlinLeakingLavaSmilingLurkerJijsawMint AeroDoYouEvenLifttomwaterfordApplauseThe One DoctorDarByrne1980indigo twist 21 votes
    I love warm beans.
    30%
    JamboBaraboomegadodgePaddy@CIRLMenablaze1Dozen Wicked WordsleinsterdudenewtoboardssgdsDeppPacing Muleceadaoin.123balltvJamesTCRoyal Legendtayto loverb757sunshine and showerslucylu123 24 votes
    I just love beans - warm or cold.
    11%
    cute_cowBurkie94daysleeperFerris_BuellerThe DomonatorSilverScreenDeathwish4MagnateSkyBlueClouds 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Macavity. wrote: »
    I eat cold beans. This is somewhat of a family thing, although the rest of my family also eat warm beans. I can't, find them disgusting. Recently, I was treated with disdain for my cold bean preference. A few people found it shocking and unheard of.

Also, you should try hot mashed potatoes with cold beans on top. The contrast in temperature creates a taste and aroma which may truly arouse the envy of the gods.
    You sir are indeed a weirdo...

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Brinimartini

I love cold cabbage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

im not sure this is even up for discussion... weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,055 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yuck.

A girl I knew years ago used to serve them cold with a salad :eek:

But, now, hot mash with piping hot beans - no better comfort food in the whole wide world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

I love warm beans.
    I must be weirder I like canned peas cold with brown sauce on top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I love warm beans.
    123balltv wrote: »
    I must be weirder I like canned peas cold with brown sauce on top.

I only eat canned peas cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Depravity Macavity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I love warm beans.
    Cold beans are gorgeous.
    As is cold pizza from a fridge.

Also when drunk - dipping sour cream and onion Pringles into beans is a culinary masterpiece.

When sober - not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Beanz meanz Heinz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Canned beans are full of sugar. That must be how you got your cavity :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

I love cold beans.
    i thought cold beans were bad. but then wen I heard Macavity say cold tinned peas .... what next? warm lemonade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

No, that's disgusing.
    How many bean eating movies have you seen with George Wendt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Nom, nom, nom,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

No, that's disgusing.
    I eat clocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Geez mate, you've taken weirdness to a whole new level :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Beans beans are good for your heart, the more you eat em, the more you fart!

Except for cold beans, they make your arsehole fall out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I love warm beans.
    People warm beans? That's wierd. Never even thought to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Mash up a bag of tayto and stick them in a bowl of (warm) beans.....Quality :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

thelad95 wrote: »
    Canned beans are full of sugar... :P

Please tell me there's no sugar in the cans with sugar-free written on them?!:(
    I eat cocks.

Hallo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If I can't find anything else to eat a cold baked bean sandwich is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I used eat cold beans from the can before, never really thought there was anything unusual about it or otherwise...

Those around me didn't particularly appreciate the after-effects though, same as I used snack on whole bags of sultanas or raisins, full of protein apparently :o

Just feeling a bit peckish now and that reminded me the best cold baked beans are the ones straight from a tin that has been left in the fridge. So not just cold but really cold is best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

baked beans from a can with tomato sauce taste good cold. its a very portable meal too. throw it into your bag and you're good to go. This reminds me , I will bring a can with me tomorrow :D

However mixing cold beans with warm mash is a step too far OP .. You are sick ... a sick and twisted person

just kidding :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

i thought cold beans were bad. but then wen I heard Macavity say cold tinned peas .... what next? warm lemonade?

Husband would eat beans straight from the tin, ewww.
    As for the lemonade I have seen him boil tin of Fanta to fend off oncoming manflu.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

caustic 1 wrote: »
    Husband would eat beans straight from the tin, ewww.
    As for the lemonade I have seen him boil tin of Fanta to fend off oncoming manflu.

:eek:

I was reading that thinking "how does it not explode?", then I thought "I must try this!", when I realised - "What's the point? It doesn't explode!" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

my3cents wrote: »
    If I can't find anything else to eat a cold baked bean sandwich is good

but but but .... the bread will become soggy and hence be unable to act as a sandwich at all

this is why I dont understand baked beans on toast or on bread. Soggyness is impossible to protect against. Soggy bread is bad

but but but .... the bread will become soggy and hence be unable to act as a sandwich at all

this is why I dont understand baked beans on toast or on bread. Soggyness is impossible to protect against. Soggy bread is bad

If when fridge worshiping (the act of repeatedly opening a fridge door to see if the contents have some how miraculously changed) I spot half a can of cold beans I make a sandwich of them. Just buttered bread with 4-5 large spoonfuls of beans and the slice of bread folded in half cradling the beans. The fold in the bread seems to provide enough strength to hold it all together. Works for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

No, that's disgusing.
    I know a girl who eats raw sausages. I thought that was gross but eating cold beans just takes it to a whole new level.

I know a girl who eats raw sausages. I thought that was gross but eating cold beans just takes it to a whole new level.

The most aptly named poster in this thread so far?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Get your fucking head tested

For not only eating cold beans but for posting about your cold-bean fetish.

Sicko

Advertisement