Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being judged for having your hood up?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Hitchens wrote: »
    I know a fella around our way and he loathes and detests lads wearing trackies/hoodies.

If he sees one he'll go up to him and yank the hood down and dare yer man to do something about it. He's fairly normal other than that.

Sounds like a d1ckhead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Sounds like a d1ckhead
    you wouldn't say that to him though............not wearing a hoodie you wouldn't ;)

Hitchens wrote: »
    you wouldn't say that to him though............not wearing a hoodie you wouldn't ;)

How do you know? call a spade a spade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

How do you know? call a spade a spade

He's not black, though

He's not black, though

Nice edit :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

IDencI wrote: »
    Why judge people for the way they dress?

If I see a guy walking down the street in a garda uniform, I assume he's a garda.

If you go round in a scanger's uniform, people will assume you're a scanger.
    catallus wrote: »
    Judge not, lest ye be judged.

I don't wear tracksuits or hoodies, so I don't need to worry about being judged.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭Hitchens

If I see a guy walking down the street in a garda uniform, I assume he's a garda.
    he could be a male stripper heading to a hen party though?? .........especially if he's swinging a baton :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

IDencI wrote: »
    Today I was just walking through town, minding my own business. I had a baggy tracksuit on and my hood up. I noticed that every few people who drove past were looking at me as if I had done something wrong. It was a cold day and I was freezing me boll*x off, so I put my hood up. Whats so wrong with having your hood up?? Why judge people for the way they dress?

So in the few seconds it took for them to drive past you you were so intuitive that you knew they were judging you instead of maybe just looking out of a car window because they were stuck in traffic and bored? I have to ask who's judging who here?

I was in a car today and we drove by a guy wearing a hoodie over his head, I happened to glance at him as we were passing and he pulled the hoodie over his head in a paranoid manner like he assumed I was judging him and assumed I was thinking he had something to hide when all I was really doing was looking out the window. Why judge people for looking out car windows as they drive past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I don't wear tracksuits or hoodies, so I don't need to worry about being judged.

And what do you wear when you're living in your glass house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

I have never and will never judge anyone by the clothes they wear.

There's loads of well dressed sc*mbags too, and there's any amount of decent people who wear trackies and hoodies.

Judging somebody by the way they dress is no better than judging them by race, religion or where they're from.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

Don't lie just to sound condescending, it really is a very unattractive trait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Chunners wrote: »
    Don't lie just to sound condescending, it really is a very unattractive trait

Your face really is a very unattractive trait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

If you put a skanger into the finesht of fine suits, he'll still look like a good for nothing sh*te and I'd probably think he was on his way to court. I wear tracksuits sometimes and when I do I look like your typical well educated decent sexy guy and all the chicks are checking me out and probably wondering how I look so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Because hoodie wearing scumbags are responsible for so much trouble and drama, you can't blame people for thinking that way, they e been conditioned to treat people, especially young males, with caution and distrust.

I wear a hoody and i wouldn't look twice at anyone else wearing one however I do think the arseholes that wear their hoodies up in their cars should be taken from their cars, stripped and severely beaten...every time they're seen. Arseholes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Clothes maketh the man! Your glittering attire clings to the sucking vacuum of your soul!

Advertisement