Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The French are pissed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

sacre bleu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Red Clover

Why does anti-French sentiment get such a following on Irish social media? Considering it is one of the nicest places in Europe to live in I can only assume that many contributors are blindly following the Anglo American tabloid media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I got caught up in a farmer's protest in the Loire region a few years ago.

The farmers congested the motorways in massive slow moving convoys, then peeled off into this particular large town. Then they systematically went to each large supermarket, blockaded the carparks and went inside where they stole all of the milk and all of the beer. They brought both back outside where they proceeded to pour every drop of milk down the drain while they drank all the beer. Then onto the next town....

Cops did nothing but protect other traffic from approaching the supermarkets.

I laughed so much at this. It's so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Red Clover wrote: »
    Why does anti-French sentiment get such a following on Irish social media? Considering it is one of the nicest places in Europe to live in I can only assume that many contributors are blindly following the Anglo American tabloid media.

Thiery Henry.

That handball. Cheating fuxx.

BMJD wrote: »
    Thiery Henry.

That handball. Cheating fuxx.

You mustn't watch much football. It happens every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

My parents use to take in exchange students, a few bad apples put a stop to that. When we got Italians everything was fine. Then I worked in retail in Galway for almost 10 years. So dealt a lot with French tourists. Most of them were very difficult.

Then I started working for a large multi-national and had dealings with some guys in a branch office in France and that was a major pain in the arse. I also had problems with a group of French lads over in Galway for the summer, one year. They would act the pr1ck to American and Australian lads because of where they were from. The started to make me form an distrust of the French..not really a dislike, per se.

I'm over it now though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Ah, the ol' sh!t flinging method. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I wonder how long it would have been before British surrender had the Nazis been able to launch a blitzkrieg across land.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

French farmers realise what our farmers seem to miss: No Farmers, no food. No food, no people. They use this fact to leverage a better deal for themselves. Our farmers need to start using their leverage. And their poo..
    Your logic only works in an autarky, neither Ireland or France are autarkies...

Wompa1 wrote: »
    My parents use to take in exchange students, a few bad apples put a stop to that. When we got Italians everything was fine. Then I worked in retail in Galway for almost 10 years. So dealt a lot with French tourists. Most of them were very difficult.

Then I started working for a large multi-national and had dealings with some guys in a branch office in France and that was a major pain in the arse. I also had problems with a group of French lads over in Galway for the summer, one year. They would act the pr1ck to American and Australian lads because of where they were from. The started to make me form an distrust of the French..not really a dislike, per se.

I'm over it now though.

I'm glad you got over your bout of racism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

If only the Irish had half the courage of the French maybe we wouldn't keep getting screwed over by our supposed betters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Damn frogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Dafugs an autarkie?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If only the Irish had half the courage of the French maybe we wouldn't keep getting screwed over by our supposed betters.

That's true, while it's easy to jump in with the usual old surrender jibes. No nation has taken it up the ass like we have in recent years.

I'm glad you got over your bout of racism.

Thanks, My love of Jesus got me through...though, All of my negative interactions were with white French people and I'm also white..so I don't think that can be called racism. But I still appreciate the support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Dafugs an autarkie?

It means that an economy is self sufficient.

If a country can continue what it's doing without any external assistance or outside trade, then, it's in a state of Autarky.

Oxymoron...sorry, couldn't resist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Adamantium wrote: »

Somebody open the window to see what the sh!t was happening :D

Dafugs an autarkie?
    You have google at your fingertips, don't ask me what an autarky is.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    You have google at your fingertips, don't ask me what an autarky is.

No need for google, there's a Mickey H. He's waay better. He doesn't flood the kip with ads either.

• Advertisement

No need for google, there's a Mickey H. He's waay better. He doesn't flood the kip with ads either.
    Fair enough.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Fair enough.

See, when it comes to explaining stuff, Boards is an Autarkie..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

See, when it comes to explaining stuff, Boards is an Autarkie..

Dafuqs an autarky ?

Dafuqs an autarky ?

A Russian automatic boat for two of every kind of animal. Honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 chatperche

well I guess French people are fair game in this PC world. If you replaced a tenth of what is being said on this thread with the word gay or black instead of French there would be an uproar!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

It's not just about the farmers. You'd need to live here to really understand just how bad it is for just about everyone - except the politicians, of course, and their cronies. Thousands of vacant teacher positions, hospitals a breaking point, near-zero recruitment (80% of jobs created in the last two years are self-employed), record numbers of bankruptcies, property prices at their lowest for fifteen/twenty years and still people can't sell, emigration at an all time high, VAT up, property tax up, electricity prices up, gas prices up, age of retirement up, inflation up ...

France is an economic basket case, has needed three bailouts in the last two year (on the quiet, naturally) to pay its civil servant wages for the month and is desperately in need of a visit from the Troika.

The only real question is will it be just before or just after the next presidential and parliamentary elections in 2017.

It's not just about the farmers. You'd need to live here to really understand just how bad it is for just about everyone - except the politicians, of course, and their cronies. Thousands of vacant teacher positions, hospitals a breaking point, near-zero recruitment (80% of jobs created in the last two years are self-employed), record numbers of bankruptcies, property prices at their lowest for fifteen/twenty years and still people can't sell, emigration at an all time high, VAT up, property tax up, electricity prices up, gas prices up, age of retirement up, inflation up ...

France is an economic basket case, has needed three bailouts in the last two year (on the quiet, naturally) to pay its civil servant wages for the month and is desperately in need of a visit from the Troika.

The only real question is will it be just before or just after the next presidential and parliamentary elections in 2017.

Yer roads are shyte too. Just saying like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Yer roads are shyte too. Just saying like.

Depends on what roads you are using, surely you cant be saying the autoroutes are shyte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

France has refused to cut its deficit and still continues with its ridiculously generous welfare system. It has resulted in the country having minimal growth for several years and high unemployment. Where as Germany has slashed its welfare system and kept its budget in line. Its has had decent growth throughout the recession and low unemployment. The Germany dont protest over petty BS like french but get on with life

Some people think we should have been more little the French with protesting than listening to the Germans way of resolving the crisis. But we listened to the German and have the strongest economic growth in the EU. Plus we have a smaller budget deficit than France. I would listen to the economic powerhouse Germany, than the French with their failing economy

• Advertisement

Stargate wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been posted yet ? :D

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=715115785251222

Các á la maison! :D

Advertisement