Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The French are pissed

Options
  • 07-11-2014 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Having promised that he would not run again if unemployment rates remain high, French President Francois Hollande faces not just record low approval ratings but feces-flinging-farmers. In a show of protest against expressing their anger at collapsing prices (due in part to sanctions against Russia), increased ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS, cheap imports, and high costs, thousands took to THE STREETS, dumping pumpkins, potatoes, and carrots, burning cars, flinging apples, and spraying **** all over a government building in Toulouse. The French are not amused...

Pictures inside:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-07/france-stinks-literally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

Yeah, but the French do this kind of thing all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Give it some time, they'll surrender soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Those French, always drinking too much wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There's a that reason "Vive la révolution!" is a thing that people say, rather than "Long live the revolution".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

bonus points for the alliteration in the OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,922 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I got caught up in a farmer's protest in the Loire region a few years ago.

The farmers congested the motorways in massive slow moving convoys, then peeled off into this particular large town. Then they systematically went to each large supermarket, blockaded the carparks and went inside where they stole all of the milk and all of the beer. They brought both back outside where they proceeded to pour every drop of milk down the drain while they drank all the beer. Then onto the next town....

Cops did nothing but protect other traffic from approaching the supermarkets.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Well in fairness el presidento is particularly, nay, spectacularly inept.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,243 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Now that;s how you protest. enjoy your water charges.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sous les pavés la plage

Now that;s how you protest. enjoy your water charges.

I'll enjoy not living in France thanks very much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

You've got to respect Hollande in some respects though, he's set himself a target to improve his country and if he doesn't do it he will resign. Pitty more politicians wouldn't do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,243 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'll enjoy not living in France thanks very much.

Kinda my point...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

keano_afc wrote: »

The French have the best military record in modern history. Stop parroting English and American anti French nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

The French have the best military record in modern history. Stop parroting English and American anti French nonsense.

What do you consider modern history? (Not disagreeing, genuinely asking)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Don't know if it's been posted yet ? :D

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=715115785251222

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

keano_afc wrote: »

cheese eating surrender monkeys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Adamantium wrote: »
    Having promised that he would not run again if unemployment rates remain high, French President Francois Hollande faces not just record low approval ratings but feces-flinging-farmers. In a show of protest against expressing their anger at collapsing prices (due in part to sanctions against Russia), increased ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS, cheap imports, and high costs, thousands took to THE STREETS, dumping pumpkins, potatoes, and carrots, burning cars, flinging apples, and spraying **** all over a government building in Toulouse. The French are not amused...

Pictures inside:

"Pissed" in this country means drunk.Are you American?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Stargate wrote: »

This thread is 2 pages long ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Load of sh*te imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This thread is 2 pages long ffs

Sorry Mysterio , i meant posted as in people may have seen it already , not necessarily just on this thread , I'll do better next time :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Pictures inside:

Whats with the Caps lock.

Its makes it seem like your randomly shouting... Or writing for a tabloid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

thats very impressive! Good protesting right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Good stuff, fcuk them. Weren't exactly helpful to us during this economic crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

The second largest empire? Sounds like they have the second best military record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

French farmers realise what our farmers seem to miss: No Farmers, no food. No food, no people. They use this fact to leverage a better deal for themselves. Our farmers need to start using their leverage. And their poo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Whats with the Caps lock.

Its makes it seem like your randomly shouting... Or writing for a tabloid.

Sorry, I've this unremovable search engine that has been downloaded onto my computer (that I can't remove no matter what I do)and it highlights and cap locks key words on pages that are most likely to be searched, so I copied on pasted without editing. It means that even as I read this thread, it looks like you're shouting at me.

But your not. :)

Oh god, I hope not

French farmers realise what our farmers seem to miss: No Farmers, no food. No food, no people. They use this fact to leverage a better deal for themselves. Our farmers need to start using their leverage. And their poo..
    They must be getting paid negative amounts of money if they're better off dumping some produce.
    Or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

You've got to respect Hollande in some respects though, he's set himself a target to improve his country and if he doesn't do it he will resign. Pitty more politicians wouldn't do the same.

His approval rating is 12% hes out the door already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Sorry, I've this unremovable search engine that has been downloaded onto my computer (that I can't remove no matter what I do)and it highlights and cap locks key words on pages that are most likely to be searched, so I copied on pasted without editing.
    Maybe if you gave your own opinion, using your own words instead of just copying and pasting from other sites, you mightn't have this problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Sorry, I've this unremovable search engine that has been downloaded onto my computer (that I can't remove no matter what I do)and it highlights and cap locks key words on pages that are most likely to be searched, so I copied on pasted without editing. It means that even as I read this thread, it looks like you're shouting at me.

But your not. :)

Oh god, I hope not

Should be able to change that through your browser settings.

Advertisement