Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2015

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

lukin wrote: »
    I always thought he was quite friendly to his fans, I could be wrong though.

Can't see Noel Gallagher cheesy grinning somehow. Are there still tickets left for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

He discussed it in his recent Alan Carr interview (can't find the link) about how he sometimes agrees to take photos and other times not, and how he just gets them over with. Hope the show is good tonight, 4th time seeing Noel.. I'm proper sad :P

bleach94 wrote: »
    He discussed it in his recent Alan Carr interview (can't find the link) about how he sometimes agrees to take photos and other times not, and how he just gets them over with. Hope the show is good tonight, 4th time seeing Noel.. I'm proper sad :P

Worth seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭lukin

OK I'll leave him alone if I spot him buying boxer shorts in Marks & Spencers today.:). Tonight is a bit of a nostalgic occasion for me and many others I am sure; I was at the Cork Oasis gig in 1996. I wonder will Noel mention it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

eternal wrote: »
    Worth seeing?

If you're into extreame crowd interaction and shout outs to Bob on his 18th birthday, then its not for you. It'll also be my fourth time seeing Noel and each time was better than the last. Could be biased views though as Oasis was all I knew since I was 4.

First time in the Marquee tonight after all those years, should I give alot of time for security or is it well setup?

• Advertisement

CHealy wrote: »
    If you're into extreame crowd interaction and shout outs to Bob on his 18th birthday, then its not for you. It'll also be my fourth time seeing Noel and each time was better than the last. Could be biased views though as Oasis was all I knew since I was 4.

First time in the Marquee tonight after all those years, should I give alot of time for security or is it well setup?

Well functioning from what I can tell. They don't do searches either or at least not on some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

what time is he likely to go on stage and what time is he likely to finish, im driving down and back again after hence the question

Ya I say he'll be on at about 9ish and off at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Well that was f*cking class.

Imo slightly better than Dublin, although that may have to do with the smaller venue and the fact I was closer to the stage than then.

But I will never ever understand people going to what is still a rock concert and sitting down for the entire show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Well that was f*cking class.

Imo slightly better than Dublin, although that may have to do with the smaller venue and the fact I was closer to the stage than then.

But I will never ever understand people going to what is still a rock concert and sitting down for the entire show.

It was a superb show. And I was sitting down so it wasn't just those up next to the stage!!

My tickets were seated and there was no hope of me getting close to the stage with how thick the crowd was so I accepted my fate and loved every second of it.

Ears are still ringing now - Masterplan and Whatever were particularly brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Crowd really wasn't thick at all, plenty of room :)

As expected the roof nearly came off with Masterplan and Don't Look Back In Anger.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

So thats the Marquee over for another year.
    Already looking forward to Christy Moore and Declan Sinnot next year :rolleyes:

Really enjoyed that although I was a bit pissed off with Noel's condescending and slightly insulting between-song banter; "So what's happening in Cork? Anything?Apart from this". I know that's what you get with Noel, he likes to get under people's skin but still you would think considering he has such close ties with this country he would show more respect.

Really enjoyed that although I was a bit pissed off with Noel's condescending and slightly insulting between-song banter; "So what's happening in Cork? Anything?Apart from this". I know that's what you get with Noel, he likes to get under people's skin but still you would think considering he has such close ties with this country he would show more respect.

I really wouldn't look too much into it, he said something similar in Dublin aswell.

Amazing show, best one I've been at yet.

horgan_p wrote: »
    So thats the Marquee over for another year.
    Already looking forward to Christy Moore and Declan Sinnot next year :rolleyes:

And the Coronas, Kodaline and the new flavour of the month, plus probably Tommy Tiernan and Dara O Briain...

Tbf to the Marquee, it does get quite a few top quality acts. I went to 4 great gigs this year and would probably have enjoyed a few more if I had made it along. I'm actually interested to see what big acts they snag for next year. First announcement in October apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Looks like Noel handled one drunken fool pretty well :D

Indo link

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

In fairness he's raising a good point! :pac:

All the same - fairly certain that's just his way of hopping ball - you'd imagine the fact that it's an Irish crowd would have him engaging in that kind of sarcastic way moreso, given our enjoyment of a little dig :)

D'Agger wrote: »
    In fairness he's raising a good point! :pac:

All the same - fairly certain that's just his way of hopping ball - you'd imagine the fact that it's an Irish crowd would have him engaging in that kind of sarcastic way moreso, given our enjoyment of a little dig :)

I still didn't like it. Even though the only thing that makes him English is that he was born there and both his parents are Irish, he kind of gives the impression he looks down on the Irish.

Looks like Noel handled one drunken fool pretty well :D

Indo link
    I hate hecklers. Fcking cowards roaring at performers who've the guts to stand in front of thousands of people. I'd like the roles to be reveresed, see how they'd manage out of the shadows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I would love to see Hozier there next year. (Highly unlikely).

Herself is a big Sam Smith fan and she would love if he came down to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

mikeym wrote: »
    I would love to see Hozier there next year. (Highly unlikely).

Herself is a big Sam Smith fan and she would love if he came down to Cork.

I wonder would both be too big for the Marquee? Y'never know really but you'd think with the huge fanfare that surrounds the two of them all the time they might be playing bigger venues. But, then, tbf Ellie Goulding is pretty big and that's before we get to Noel Gallagher, Lionel Richie, etc.

It's too far off for me to have a wish list but if a few boxes can be ticked the way Noel Gallagher and Beck did this year, and the National previously, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I wonder would both be too big for the Marquee? Y'never know really but you'd think with the huge fanfare that surrounds the two of them all the time they might be playing bigger venues. But, then, tbf Ellie Goulding is pretty big and that's before we get to Noel Gallagher, Lionel Richie, etc.

It's too far off for me to have a wish list but if a few boxes can be ticked the way Noel Gallagher and Beck did this year, and the National previously, I'll be happy.

I dont think any artist is too big to play the marquee, I think any artist would play there if they wanted when you look at all the other artist who have played there over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

was at the noel gallagher gig-as usual the sound in the middle was rubbish as in other years-good gig though

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

banter relax:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Good gig last night the sextant etc had a good crowd before hand. If only the events centre was sorted having those sort of gigs throughout the year and the atmospher in the pubs the nights of the gigs...good line up this year hope they match it next yr

ROY RACE wrote: »
    was at the noel gallagher gig-as usual the sound in the middle was rubbish as in other years-good gig though

Sound is always dire in the middle, especially for anything lively/rocky, etc. I always go front, back or any seated area, but avoid the middle like the plague.
    Good gig last night the sextant etc had a good crowd before hand. If only the events centre was sorted having those sort of gigs throughout the year and the atmospher in the pubs the nights of the gigs...good line up this year hope they match it next yr

Events centre would be good, but I reckon it would run very similar to the O2/Three Arena in Dublin with long gaps with no gigs. Not every big band touring will come here anyway - Cork is still out of the way for some bands touring schedules - and I think the festival atmosphere of LATM really helps the buzz around town.

But, ultimately, I can't wait until the events centre does get going because surely there'll be something decent there for everyone! I reckon a loooot of Disney on Ice, X Factor tour type events myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

ya think the events centre doesn't just have to be about music acts. things like Disney on Ice, and if you look at some of the expos in the RDS during the year, it could hold a southern version of them. its all about thinking

• Advertisement

ya think the events centre doesn't just have to be about music acts. things like Disney on Ice, and if you look at some of the expos in the RDS during the year, it could hold a southern version of them. its all about thinking

This is it! That's how they'll make it successful IMO. And how the Marquee could be kept going if the events centre was to stage expos and that during the summer.

Advertisement