Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Don't have a clue tried lots of times but never got any success

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Anyone at Beck last night? Didn't know much about him heading down to it, bar the hits obviously, but thoroughly enjoyed it. They were super tight and sounded excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Roar wrote: »
    Anyone at Beck last night? Didn't know much about him heading down to it, bar the hits obviously, but thoroughly enjoyed it. They were super tight and sounded excellent.

Yeah it was a great gig, good mix of old and new. Atmosphere was excellent but have to say that the sound was sh1te as always, those tents must be a sound engineers nightmare.

Also thought it was hilarious that they inadvertently got boo'd off the stage at the end ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Milly33 wrote: »
    Don't have a clue tried lots of times but never got any success

Best thing to do find who is doing security I know AOS were doing it last year as a guy at work was down there doing shifts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Security and stewarding is always done by a private company (I don't know the name but it says it on their jackets) and you just apply to them for a job. If you get assigned Marquee duty or sent to other events then will depend on your manager. I know they did the Patrick's Day parade in the past, and some of the big city events but that could've changed. A friend of mine did it about 3/4 years ago and was sent to half a dozen Marquee shows and several other events in the city. Some people who were hired at the time (they took in a big group all at once) were just Marquee, and others were just the other events.

__

Week one seems to have been a success anyway. Reviews are positive across the board - even very few complaints about the sound - and sales generally going well. Beck wasn't a huge crowd, but it was a Tuesday night which didn't help. That said, I was seated in the back area which was quite busy and it looked like the whole standing area was close to full.

I've heard that a few of the upcoming ones are on the verge of a sell-out, the likes of the Coronas, Kodaline, etc. always sell verrry well.

Still have Van Morrison, the Frames and Noel Gallagher to get to myself, looking forward to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Security and stewarding is always done by a private company (I don't know the name but it says it on their jackets) and you just apply to them for a job. If you get assigned Marquee duty or sent to other events then will depend on your manager. I know they did the Patrick's Day parade in the past, and some of the big city events but that could've changed. A friend of mine did it about 3/4 years ago and was sent to half a dozen Marquee shows and several other events in the city. Some people who were hired at the time (they took in a big group all at once) were just Marquee, and others were just the other events.

__

Week one seems to have been a success anyway. Reviews are positive across the board - even very few complaints about the sound - and sales generally going well. Beck wasn't a huge crowd, but it was a Tuesday night which didn't help. That said, I was seated in the back area which was quite busy and it looked like the whole standing area was close to full.

I've heard that a few of the upcoming ones are on the verge of a sell-out, the likes of the Coronas, Kodaline, etc. always sell verrry well.

Still have Van Morrison, the Frames and Noel Gallagher to get to myself, looking forward to them.

Woah your going to a load of gigs, going to Lionel Ritchie myself. cant wait, first time seeing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Just back from The Coronas. Very good. The lighting, stage and sound were all top notch. The crowd were very well behaved and relaxed. Great to see. The weather was fabulous. Massive balloons released into the crowd which looked like great craic.

The Coronas are amazing live. I didn't really know much about them but they were very entertaining tonight as were Hudson Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have John Legend Tuesday and Kodaline on Thursday - kodaline are sold out - one of the few gigs that is sold out I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Ellie Goulding is sold out too and tickets selling on line well above their price.... think her style of music will test the sound system in there. going to Kodaline and Noel Gallagher myself.. cant wait for the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Just back from The Coronas. Very good. The lighting, stage and sound were all top notch. The crowd were very well behaved and relaxed. Great to see. The weather was fabulous. Massive balloons released into the crowd which looked like great craic.

The Coronas are amazing live. I didn't really know much about them but they were very entertaining tonight as were Hudson Taylor.

Did you see the fighting/drunks as were reported on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

ofcork wrote: »

That was Friday night, CZ453 was at the Saturday night gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was really surprised to hear these stories from Coronas gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭CZ 453

As mikey said above I was at the Saturday night gig.

I was however surprised to see how drunk a lot of women were on the night. Not very messy drunk but you know stumbling drunk. No hassle though. The weather puts people in a good mood too I suppose.

Shame to hear, I must say I have never heard of any trouble.. I was thinking was it Friday as I remember coming in from work and there were loads of people drinking on the street as such. Lots of people coming down temple hill with beers and a few drinking outside the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

A bloke in his thirties slashed a 16 year old girl last Friday at The Coronas.What a sick fcuker.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/schoolgirl-tells-horror-slash-attack-5930577

sounds nasty poor girl hope she is ok

I don't understand why anyone gets completely wasted at a gig

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think for the marquee a lot of people either get free or subsidised tickets, or they just go because they always go to *something* at the marquee and they may not even be that interested in the music. In which case, why not just get scuttered.

I don't see the appeal at all!

A bloke in his thirties slashed a 16 year old girl last Friday at The Coronas.What a sick fcuker.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/schoolgirl-tells-horror-slash-attack-5930577

I didn't think cans were on sale there only pints or plastic bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I hope this kid isnt scarred for life.If so she needs to be compensated.Where were the security.Where were the cameras.This scumbag should have been caught on the spot.The security failed here big time.

• Advertisement

I don't think cans are, but I know they aren't exactly very vigilant with bringing stuff in. I haven't done this before ye start but I know others who have... They sound like twats the people who done it, for some reason my neighbours sprung into my head but they don't have piercings..

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I know what you mean my first ever concert I went to and I was only 16, was a bryan Adams concert in Millstreet and I got drunk and I was really annoyed and dissapointed the next day because I couldn't remember the concert so from then on I never ever get drunk at concerts because i want to really enjoy them and remember them so ya its a complete waste going to a concert and getting p*****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well John Legend was absolutely incredible. My god the man can sing.

High point for me was "ordinary people". Could hear a pin drop. And obviously the encore was spine tingling awesome.

One of, if not the, best gigs I've ever been at.

gimmick wrote: »
    Well John Legend was absolutely incredible. My god the man can sing.

High point for me was "ordinary people". Could hear a pin drop. And obviously the encore was spine tingling awesome.

One of, if not the, best gigs I've ever been at.

Agreed Gimmick - he's some performer, that voice is so smooth! I must admit I didn't know all his songs but I still enjoyed it immensely and he seemed genuinely pleased to be there and seeing his comments on twitter/Instagram after confirmed that. Great night!

Next up Kodaline! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

went to Ellie Goulding last night, had so much fun i got no photos or video's :o

although the support act was dire, people actually cheered loudest when she said "only 2 songs left" and everyone i could see standing with their phones had their heads down looking at them instead,

ellie on the other hand was amazing, a great show and she did almost all of her hits plus some new stuff...

Pants with the suppose was she a young one them, jes I hope the crowd didn't make her feel too bad. We went down for a walk and heard ellie she sounded quite good...

messy bunch though Lots of rubbish around the place today hope they clean it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Would have loved to have gone. She has a great voice. Very unique.

You would have love to gone to see Ellie Goulding as well.

Kodaline tonight woohoo!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Kodaline were class

Advertisement