Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Kodaline were absolutely incredible tonight! The crowd was also amazing and it was so great to hear everyone singing along! So proud they are an irish band!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lionel Ritchie was brillant but finished a bit too early, he seems like such a nice and funny guy,was making loads of jokes, had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Hey guys.

Can anybody keep me posted as to stage times for The Frames on July 11th?
    Or suggest a place where I can check them myself?

Thanks,
    R.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

more than likely it is nine I would think...same as most concerts support first then the main act around 9ish there abouts.

Cheers. It says doors 6.30 so I wasn't sure if things were kicking off earlier than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I see the lack of information is just great isn't it.. They open early so people can go around get a few beers have some food first. they have places in there to get food it you need. quite nice to chill out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hey guys.

Can anybody keep me posted as to stage times for The Frames on July 11th?
    Or suggest a place where I can check them myself?

Thanks,
    R.

Booka Brass Band are supporting, if doors are 6.30, I'd expect BBB on at 7.30 or 8 for 45 minutes, then the Frames on at 9 or 9.15, just based off being at Beck earlier this year and the time being somewhat close to that.

Aiken will usually tweet the times on the day of the event, or you could even Facebook or Tweet the acts themselvses (Booka Brass Band anyway, dont think the Frames have much online presence!!) to ask when they're on if you were desperate to know.

Thanks a million BullBlackNova.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Anyone know if the bar(s) at the marquee have tv's and, more specifically, if they will be showing the cork/clare match tonight!? If not, where is the nearest place that would be showing the match please? Thanks.

Anyone know if the bar(s) at the marquee have tv's and, more specifically, if they will be showing the cork/clare match tonight!? If not, where is the nearest place that would be showing the match please? Thanks.

Only time I've ever seen a TV in the Marquee was when they were just showing football in 2012, I've never seen screens behind the bar. Tbf, it's just a makeshift bar with some stalls selling Carlsberg and Guinness at it so I doubt there'll be any TVs added since I was last there (Thursday!!)

Nearest places would be Goldbergs, the Sextant and the Idle Hour which are all on Albert Quay. Maybe 10-15 minute walk depending on your pace. There might some on the other side (Blackrock) too but I'm not familiar with the area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Only time I've ever seen a TV in the Marquee was when they were just showing football in 2012, I've never seen screens behind the bar. Tbf, it's just a makeshift bar with some stalls selling Carlsberg and Guinness at it so I doubt there'll be any TVs added since I was last there (Thursday!!)

Nearest places would be Goldbergs, the Sextant and the Idle Hour which are all on Albert Quay. Maybe 10-15 minute walk depending on your pace. There might some on the other side (Blackrock) too but I'm not familiar with the area.

What drinks are on tap? They had Strongbow last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

There are no TVs in the marquee.

The nearest bar is probably the Venue on the Blackrock road albeit it newly done up so don't know what the TV setup is in there and then the Temple Inn or longboats (they'll definitely have the match) is down the road towards Blackrock by maybe 400 yards from The Venue. Other than that you'd be talking maybe the Idle hour or say the Sextant in town.

eternal wrote: »
    What drinks are on tap? They had Strongbow last year.

I didn;t look beyond Carlsberg and Guinness tbh! I couldn't say 100% one way or the other that they had Strongbow or not, but the set up looked identical to last year (incl. prices) so I'd say you could in luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

clerk wrote: »
    There are no TVs in the marquee.

The nearest bar is probably the Venue on the Blackrock road albeit it newly done up so don't know what the TV setup is in there and then the Temple Inn or longboats (they'll definitely have the match) is down the road towards Blackrock by maybe 400 yards from The Venue. Other than that you'd be talking maybe the Idle hour or say the Sextant in town.

The Venue has plenty of big screens, they even have one in the beer garden (not that it'll be too popular today :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

They had stella cidre there at zz top

P.lane78 wrote: »
    They had stella cidre there at zz top

Even nicer, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

I agree...strongbow is muck ....fiver a pint for the cidre

Drinks update for anyone going to any of Status Quo, Damien Rice or Noel Gallagher...

Main bar has guinness, carlsberg, hophouse 13 and Stella cidre for €5. You can also get wine and those cans of premixed smirnoff and that. There is also a small bar (one tap, looooooooooooong queue) inside the arena near the exit to the toilets if you don't wanna miss anything while you queue!

The Frames was excellent btw. Missed the first support act but Booka Brass Band were brilliant as ever and Glen Hansard was in flying form on stage for the show. Played everything I wanted to hear except "When Your Mind's Made Up", and the usual covers (Mic Christopher and Daniel Johnston) at the end were really good too. Much better than I had expected it to be - the lighting for "Star Star" on the disco balls was particularly cool.

Will Damien Rice be on as early because last year the main acts weren't on till later. There's definitely a wider selection of drinks then there was years ago which is good. Agree about the lighting!

eternal wrote: »
    Will Damien Rice be on as early because last year the main acts weren't on till later. There's definitely a wider selection of drinks then there was years ago which is good. Agree about the lighting!

Your best bet for stage times is to tweet Aiken. I got a reply mid-afternoon yesterday about last night's gig. So far I've been to Beck, Van Morrison and The Frames, all were on stage between 8 and half. I'd be surprised if Damien Rice wasn't the same but I haven't seen times anywhere.

Also, Colm Mac Con Iomaire, the Frames violinist, is in support for Damien tomorrow so factor that in too!

• Advertisement

Your best bet for stage times is to tweet Aiken. I got a reply mid-afternoon yesterday about last night's gig. So far I've been to Beck, Van Morrison and The Frames, all were on stage between 8 and half. I'd be surprised if Damien Rice wasn't the same but I haven't seen times anywhere.

Also, Colm Mac Con Iomaire, the Frames violinist, is in support for Damien tomorrow so factor that in too!

That sounds great. Hate to miss any of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Beck was on stage at 9.10

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Thanks. Went up to The Venue - ten minute walk only. Back down around 8.40pm. Excellent concert by the Frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭lukin

Is everybody ready for The Chief tomorrow nite?What's the best place to meet any of the acts before the gig or are they ghosted in surrounded by beefy security guards so nobody can get near them?I'd love to get a selfie with Noel.

It's just been tweeted that he's on at 7.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Great time last night at Status Quo, got a guitar pick off Rick Parfitt too :D

aFalt7J.jpg?2

lukin wrote: »
    Is everybody ready for The Chief tomorrow nite?What's the best place to meet any of the acts before the gig or are they ghosted in surrounded by beefy security guards so nobody can get near them?I'd love to get a selfie with Noel.

His brother (no, not that one...) is playing an after party at the Pavilion after the gig. Might be a chance? Tbh, I've only ever come across Marquee acts (or any performers in Cork) by pure chance in the city in Liberty Grill, Tesco or on the street!

His brother (no, not that one...) is playing an after party at the Pavilion after the gig. Might be a chance? Tbh, I've only ever come across Marquee acts (or any performers in Cork) by pure chance in the city in Liberty Grill, Tesco or on the street!

Yeah thanks I know about the gig in the Pav but I don't know if I'll go to that as I have work in the morning.He might take a stroll down Pana if he has time before the gig :-)
    All Cork boardsies be on Noel-watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah thanks I know about the gig in the Pav but I don't know if I'll go to that as I have work in the morning.He might take a stroll down Pana if he has time before the gig :-)
    All Cork boardsies be on Noel-watch!

take note that the chief detests doing photo's

• Advertisement

take note that the chief detests doing photo's

I always thought he was quite friendly to his fans, I could be wrong though.

Advertisement