Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Whopper or Big Mac

Options

Comments

Big Mac everytime!

Smokey bacon burger from supermacs is the winner though, delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not mad on either place by any stretch, but I'd go for the XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger in Burger King.

Best burger I've had in Ireland though was in Cornstore in Cork - the Little Piggy burger. Anyone in Cork, or visiting Cork, get the damn thing! It's at the bottom of Patrick Street just across from a pub I think called The Raven on a corner (pretty popular place it seemed, was always packed) - shredded/pulled pork with sauerkraut, cheddar cheese and apple puree/sauce. Deceptive name because it's definitely not little, but it's unbelievably tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Big Mac
    XL Bacon double cheese burger is where it's at. Burger King FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

MacDonalds double quarter pounder with cheese.

Must be freshly cooked, not dried out under the heat lamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The burger of the Gods!
    none of that poncy lettuce or tomato shyte on it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Big Mac
    Burger king did a burger years ago when was kid mushroom double Swiss. ****ing sexy!

They had similar one recently but wasn't as good.

There king fries used be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Love the irony of a Morrissey fan discussing where to get the best burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Billy86 wrote: »
    Deceptive name because it's definitely not little, but it's unbelievably tasty!

Sounds lovely, but I'm surprised they described it as a burger rather than a hog roast bap or something like that.

Big Mac
    stimpson wrote: »
    Love the irony of a Morrissey fan discussing where to get the best burger.

Haha just goes to show :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Big Mac
    I hadn't been in a McDonalds in ages and only recently went in again but i was wondering...

I got a Big Tasty meal and the fries were already covered in salt, and the burger meat itself tasted like it had a decent amount of salt sprinkled on it after cooking.

My lips were in bits after it.

Since when has it become a thing for them to add even more salt to their food?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I chose big mac by accident. McDonalds sucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Big Mac
    Double Whopper for sure.

When I go to McDonalds I generally have 2 x 2 euro double cheeseburgers - much more meat and protein than a Big Mac and not much more expensive (I think Big Mac is now about 3.50?)

BK Triple Whopper vs Supermacs 10 ounce burger might be a good contest. About 70g of protein in each afaik.

Big Mac
    I hadn't been in a McDonalds in ages and only recently went in again but i was wondering...

I got a Big Tasty meal and the fries were already covered in salt, and the burger meat itself tasted like it had a decent amount of salt sprinkled on it after cooking.

My lips were in bits after it.

Since when has it become a thing for them to add even more salt to their food?

That's something I no they stopped doing in burger king year s ago putting salt on the chips.

The used to be salted in the bag then had salt shook on them as well. They stopped adding salt to them after there fried now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Big Mac
    BrianD3 wrote: »
    Double Whopper for sure.

When I go to McDonalds I generally have 2 x 2 euro double cheeseburgers - much more meat and protein than a Big Mac and not much more expensive (I think Big Mac is now about 3.50?)

BK Triple Whopper vs Supermacs 10 ounce burger might be a good contest. About 70g of protein in each afaik.
    Jaysus, you're mad for the protein. I just love all the fatty goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Big Mac
    That's something I no they stopped doing in burger king year s ago putting salt on the chips.

The used to be salted in the bag then had salt shook on them as well. They stopped adding salt to them after there fried now.

That's probably what had me pick up on it.

Hadn't been to BK either for quite a while and had eaten a Whopper meal a week or so before going to McD's.

Can't ever remember McD's adding extra salt before, but looks like they've gone the opposite route to BK.

Bizarre really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭murray.eoghan

Big Mac
    Both

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Big Mac

Oh yea, but you gotta fully pig out and get the meal. Thousands of calories, every one more delicious than the last

Big Mac
    That's probably what had me pick up on it.

Hadn't been to BK either for quite a while and had eaten a Whopper meal a week or so before going to McD's.

Can't ever remember McD's adding extra salt before, but looks like they've gone the opposite route to BK.

Bizarre really.

Both of them used to have the salt shakers at the section where they get the chips burger king got rid them.

Be surprised if mc Donald s didn't to.

You should see what cleaning the kitchen s and equipment is like in those places ffs. The amount of pure grease!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Double Whopper definitely. I like the Big Macs too - the sauce mainly - but the DW wins every time. Can never get anything else with it though just a drink.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Big Mac
    Double Whopper, bacon, Swiss.
    Lose the tomato slice.
    Perfect.

If only BK chips weren't muck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Christ, neither.

BK double whopper with bacon and no cheese (that cheese is rubber).

Big Mac
    Candie wrote: »
    BK double whopper with bacon and no cheese (that cheese is rubber).

You think the cheese is rubber you should see what there egg in there breakfast menu looks like before it gets handed out !.

Come frozen in a box and its microwaved. Bacon is the same comes sealed in a plastic then its microwaved.

Trust me if yous seen some of what goes on in the kitchens yous wouldn't look at the food the same again :pac:

You think the cheese is rubber you should see what there egg in there breakfast menu looks like before it gets handed out !.

Come frozen in a box and its microwaved. Bacon is the same comes sealed in a plastic then its microwaved.

Trust me if yous seen some of what goes on in the kitchens yous wouldn't look at the food the same again :pac:

:( I try to never think about what goes on in any restaurant kitchen.

A chain like In-and-Out Burger would do well in Ireland, everything is cooked fresh to order. Plus there are the legendary 3 x 3 and 4 x 4 burgers. Yummmminey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Neither. Fillet O Fish

Big Mac
    :( I try to never think about what goes on in any restaurant kitchen.

A chain like In-and-Out Burger would do well in Ireland, everything is cooked fresh to order. Plus there are the legendary 3 x 3 and 4 x 4 burgers. Yummmminey :)

Some the story's I could tell u bout working in burger king! Lol.

Let's just say your best to just eat the food and not think about what it is or who's making it!

Some the story's I could tell u bout working in burger king! Lol.

Let's just say your best to just eat the food and not think about what it is or who's making it!

You've just ruined BK for me.

This is why we can't have nice things. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Big Mac
    In Malaga airport coming home from holidays we grabbed a Burger King. I was asked how many patties I wanted in my whopper "uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco". It was amazing! I went with four glorious patties, nom starving now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I've never had a Big Mac or a Double Whopper.

• Advertisement

Big Mac
    You've just ruined BK for me.

This is why we can't have nice things. :(

Haha I'd still eat it myself but having worked for as long as I did in the place I've seen and done few mental things in there!

But if your gonna eat out anywhere no matter the quality anything could be going on behind the scenes! Just eat it haha.

Advertisement