Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Boston (merged)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aileen OS

Leo, myself and my boyfriend would be interested in living with you guys! We were looking at frat houses as well! I sent a few emails but haven't heard anything back yet. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 danielhickey

Anyone else notice how rubbish craigslist is.. Anyone got any leads on some accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lia walsh

Hi Leo and Aileen! Myself and my boyfriend are coming over to Boston on May 31st and we're looking for people to find accommodation with! we haven't any jobs confirmed yet but we're handing out cv's like mad. any chance we could search for places to rent with you guys? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 danielhickey

lia walsh wrote: »
    Hi Leo and Aileen! Myself and my boyfriend are coming over to Boston on May 31st and we're looking for people to find accommodation with! we haven't any jobs confirmed yet but we're handing out cv's like mad. any chance we could search for places to rent with you guys? :)

Hey Lia, add me on facebook there and I'll get a group going with Aileen and others for accommodation? I'll PM you know. Might be a bit easier then here. There's very little available on craigslist at the moment, hoping this will start to change soon.
    A group of us might be able to get a house much easier then a smaller apartment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lia walsh

Great! thanks daniel :) yeah definitely i'd say house would be better alright if we could do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Mick McCarthys Baby

so my friends pulled out at the last minute, looks like im going to boston on me tod!!!if any1s looking to share accom gimme a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ALANOD1

Hey! I'm heading over June 1st with four other lads! We're still unsure about accommodation though so I'm not much help there! You should join the page on Facebook for people going to Boston for the Summer! People are always putting up stuff that's helpful!

Here it is. https://www.facebook.com/groups/698697203474796/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lwalls

Heya.. There is three of us from Donegal heading to Boston on 26th May. Anybody want to houseshare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mcgeea

hey, another 2 girls from donegal going over on may 24th looking for some housemates ! preferably brighton area or quincy :)

heya we'll share, were 3 girls from donegal :) what date ye heading over? where ye thinking houses or frat houses?

• Advertisement

Lwalls wrote: »
    heya we'll share, were 3 girls from donegal :) what date ye heading over? where ye thinking houses or frat houses?

going on May 24th ! no idea we will stay anywhere as long as there's work around ! What about u ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LauraDel9

Still willing to share :) 7 of us, and were not over til 29th May, if we find a house I'll comment on this or the facebook page :)

LauraDel9 wrote: »
    Still willing to share :) 7 of us, and were not over til 29th May, if we find a house I'll comment on this or the facebook page :)

Can u link the facebook page ? Other ones aren't working :/

Thats the main one, should work! If not I'll add u on facebook nd try add u in from there :)https://www.facebook.com/groups/698697203474796/

The person who made the group is after changing the privacy to secret, so no one can click the links or search it :/ The only way I can add ye to the group is if you want to add me on facebook, I dont mind :)

Were going 25th! Can't wait now, yeah we don't care either, seems impossible trying to get something on internet :( if you want you could add me on Facebook and could start a wee group :) my name is Lavina Walls :)

What's your name?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Not so contrary Mary

Hey guys, myself and my friend are heading over to Boston on the 30th of May and are looking for people to share with as there's only two of us! Someone was saying that the fraternity houses have closed their summer applications at this stage, does anyone know if this is true? Also are we ok waiting until we get over there to get a job? :) It's getting soo close now :D

Laura Delaney, Ill try find you now so i can add you to the group, then you can add your friends :) I think its really hard to get into Frat houses! Youre prob fine waiting for a job, I've tried a few on craigslist but theres not much yet and they want you to start straight away so I think its best look when ya get over there :) has anyone booked a hostel yet?! I've noticed some are getting full already so were booking ours tomorrow, heads up for ye!!

Hey Laura could you add me to the group too? My name's <mod snip>l, then I'll add my friend to it too :) Oh is it? :O Wonder why that is? :/ Yeah i emailed a few places about jobs but got the same sort of response. Cool so we should be ok waiting till we get over there :D Hopefully it won't be too stressful! No, haven't booked anything yet we were guna wait out a little while longer to see if we could get accommodation sorted in the next week or two and then if we'd no luck book a hostel then but that could even be leaving it a bit fine.. Thanks for the heads up! :)

• Advertisement

Yeah no probs where you from so I know I have the right person? :) Hope so itd be devastating if we had to come home coz of no job :( Have ye booked with USIT or SAYIT?! The whole London stopover is a bit ridic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bigdinner

Hey guys, 4 lads heading over June 2nd. Looking to share a place for the summer. Anybody know of anything or be able to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colganjulie

Hi. Anyone travelling from Dublin to Boston on the 1st of June with a stop off at heathrow airport. Flying solo with British Airways.

Yeah my name is <mod snip>, add me to the group if you can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colganjulie

Hey all is there any way of getting added to the boston j1 page on facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andyconr

Heya, I'm heading over with 2 other lads on the 2nd of June. Any chance of being added to the Facebook group?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Spent last Summer in Boston on a J1. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll see if I can help. It's an amazing city. Having an Irish accent will help you so so much with everything!

Spent last Summer in Boston on a J1. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll see if I can help. It's an amazing city. Having an Irish accent will help you so so much with everything!

Yeah, did ye find it easy enough getting jobs when ye went over? And where is the best places to look for jobs? Also one of us won't be 21 until the end of the summer are all the clubs/ bars really as strict as they say? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Yeah, did ye find it easy enough getting jobs when ye went over? And where is the best places to look for jobs? Also one of us won't be 21 until the end of the summer are all the clubs/ bars really as strict as they say? Thank you!

It depends on what time of the Summer you get out there. Earlier the better obviously. You will live on Craigslist searching for them and in shop windows. Have about 20-30 CV's printed and bring them with you. You're literally handing them in everywhere and hoping for the best.

The girls I lived with walked into serving jobs very quickly but some of the guys struggled. If you're persistent you will find something. I ended up working in an off license on Boylston Street and loved it.

With the 21 and over thing, it is incredibly strict. I'm not trying to be a kill joy but the chances of anyone under the age getting in is slim to none. They only accept passports in clubs and everyone is asked. Your friend might get lucky if he/she is in a group of people but it's a risk. House parties are your best bet and there will be loads of them so I wouldn't worry about it to much!

If there is anything else feel free to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bigdinner

Well lads, getting nervous now just over 2 weeks till we head out! no leads on accommodation. Is it possible to get added to the group on facebook so i can try sort something out? Is it difficult to find a house to share with after we arrive or would it be better to have it sorted before i go? Any help much appreciated :)

Advertisement