Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont want them 4 or 5 times a year

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Sorry, times are tough. One spare room is now used for growing cannabis plants and the other is used for making meth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

I wouldn't even suggest a B&B because this woman could lie and say she has booked one. Then you OP say "yes come over", but once the woman lands on your door step, she will say "Oh the B&B was booked out, can we stay here"?
    You will then feel you need to let her stay and so the whole bullsh!t will begin again, loud TV, daughter checking knives and forks etc etc.

You just need to be firm and say it isn't suitable for them to come around anymore. I just find the situation strange in that the daughter also comes around as well. How old is the daughter. Do you even like this woman? Would you consider her a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

You're having the pictures re-hung that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Eutow wrote: »
    I wouldn't even suggest a B&B because this woman could lie and say she has booked one. Then you OP say "yes come over", but once the woman lands on your door step, she will say "Oh the B&B was booked out, can we stay here"?
    You will then feel you need to let her stay and so the whole bullsh!t will begin again, loud TV, daughter checking knives and forks etc etc.

You just need to be firm and say it isn't suitable for them to come around anymore. I just find the situation strange in that the daughter also comes around as well. How old is the daughter. Do you even like this woman? Would you consider her a friend?

Well its usually when the daughter would be off school when they would visit but she has just started collage this is prob why daughter suggested that now when she is at collage all week that her mum should visit more often
    No I wouldnt really consider her a friend
    Yea the woman is ok I dont dislike her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

lulu1 wrote: »
    Well its usually when the daughter would be off school when they would visit but she has just started collage this is prob why daughter suggested that now when she is at collage all week that her mum should visit more often

Decided what to do with her yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

If you really don't want to burn your house down simply come down with a case of amnesia.

When she rings and asks if it's okay for her to stay just ask 'who is this? Jerrica? I don't know any Jerrica. How did you get this number? No, I wouldn't have given it to you, I've never been to the hospital. I don't even have a house, I live in a bedsit in Offaly. Now, so sorry to bother you at this late hour but can I interest you in a lovely set of curtains...'

Just go on spouting random nonsense at her till she hangs up. It always works for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Sounds like she's trying to move her mother into your house permanently, next thing you know they'll be charging YOU rent.

Just tell them to **** OFF.

Decided what to do with her yet?

If she mentions coming again I am going to tell her out straight that we will make it once a year for a few days in the summer which i wouldnt really mind and if she takes offence to this so be it.

No more holiday camps here
    I am mad with myself now Its my bloody house

I am going to say no. I am going to say no
    I will say NO :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

If she mentions coming again I am going to tell her out straight that we will make it once a year for a few days in the summer which i wouldnt really mind and if she takes offence to this so be it.

No more holiday camps here
    I am mad with myself now Its my bloody house

I am going to say no. I am going to say no
    I will say NO :):)

DO say no and make it quite clear. Seriously the daughter only just started back at college and the mum was looking to come to you, she'd be at it all the time if you let her. I'm guessing she maybe even has a travel pass so it might not cost a cent to get there, free board and lodgings etc ah sure it's wonderful -for THEM!

Definitely get her told before it escalates. If you can't then get hubby to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I'm sorry for my pitiful contribution
    OP but it's college not collage.

• Advertisement

That's a brilliant idea. OP, correct the woman's grammar/spelling as much as you possibly can. She won't want to stay with you so much anymore. Problem solved. And noone had to burn anyone's house down.

ken wrote: »
    Sorry, times are tough. One spare room is now used for growing cannabis plants and the other is used for making meth.
    Loopy wrote: »
    OP but it's college not collage.[/QUOTE

So sorry op for my dreadful spelling but you see I never got as far as collage
    oops college.Guess who wont be getting an invite to my house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Loopy wrote: »
    OP but it's college not collage.[/QUOTE

So sorry op for my dreadful spelling but you see I never got as far as collage
    oops college.Guess who wont be getting an invite to my house :)

Ah lulu you're so sweet - tell her to do one!
    I was stalked once by an old lady I met in hospital years ago, she seemed so sweet but had me sending her weed on a weekly basis at one point.. It eased the pain during her chemo she said, the poor pet. Had to be firm though and nip it in the bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Forward on her number there and Il send her a text telling her to piss off. Il even send a link to the thread if you like.

Seriously, its no problem like, Il do that for you lulu.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

...noone...

And it's 'no-one' or 'no one' but not 'noone';)!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    And it's 'no-one' or 'no one' but not 'noone';)!

I told the phone that! I said 'where are you going with this 'noone' nonsense, there's no such of a word Phone'

Phone just stared at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ratty invited Mole to stay though so he could learn to row so I wouldn't blame Mole there. It was kind of cheeky to go off through the woods to visit Badger alright especially since Badger was hibernating at the time. Overall though he was grateful to them all and was very loyal. Leave Mole alone!

I was in a bad mood, I feel absosultely ashamed for the nasty things I said about Mole, I do apologize.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Nuke the entire site from orbit--it’s the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Give me her number, I'll call her for you

PLEASE LET ME
    I can't abide people like her

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

reminds me of the time my neighbours allowed some loud italian tourists stay over for a few nights, tell them to find somewhere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

We got chatting .... We kept in contact

There's your problem right there.

Advertisement