Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont want them 4 or 5 times a year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Lulu,
    you are under no obligation to even keep in contact with this person. Let alone letting them stay in your house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

Tell her you have a confirmed case of Ebola

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ya sound desperate.

Anonymous tip-off to the cops that people are dealing drugs from your house?

Calling the cops to raid your own house is a desperate move!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

Start dropping casual but super racist remarks into your conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Tell her you've got an ambassador staying with you and all your time is spent constructing Ferrero Rocher pyramids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

If you really can't bring yourself to say no, can your husband not do it?

Other than that, just say you cant have her as your sister/brother/aunt/long lost cousin twice removed/other user friend is staying that week.

I do think you need to grow a pair and tell her fup off, she lands up at your doorstep 3 - 4 times a year but wont put you up? User of the highest order! Why are you even answering the phone to her? Get caller ID and stop taking her calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

But LuLau, she told you she's in bad form, you should let her stay 'again':rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You don't need wild excuses or passive aggression. Just learn how to say no without any reason.

A brief, 'no I'm sorry I can't have you to stay'. And nothing further. We're so used to being polite we look for excuses to soften the blow, but get strong and dont do it! Not just with this lady but in all areas of life. Its kinda liberating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Agreed. Just say No, politely, without attaching a load of excuses, and stop the contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Who the hell invites someone they met in the hospital to come and stay with them ffs?that's weird to begin with and to let it go on for so long? ? Maybe your the one that's weird?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

"Sorry, it doesn't really suit"

That's literally all you have to say, don't add any excuses or further explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Or you could go with the cop out "Sorry, my husband isn't keen on the idea. It doesn't suit to have guests at this time of the year". And then you won't hear about it till next summer. Either way, out of the goodness of your heart you are being a right mug. They clearly come and contribute nothing. What terrible guests! And the utter cheek of the daughter suggesting you take her mother in a few days a week!! Realistically this woman may have no friends and no family but that's not your problem. You have got to stop being so softhearted. They are leeches!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

This is not at all normal. Do you really think you are the first she has done this to?

Seriously, tell her to **** off. Tell her you might be available to go out for dinner or drinks some time but its not appropriate for her to come and stay over?

How did that even happen? How does a grown adult make friends with someone new to them and just turn up to stay in their house?

Sounds like she raising her daughter to do the same. Try be nice about it if you want, but id be direct and tell her she is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Tell her out straight that you would rather they don't visit any more. Explain that you initially meant she visit you for a day or two but not that she treat your home like some sort of weekend retreat for her and her daughter. She is not your friend so don't worry about offending or hurting her feelings as you won't have to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

shuffles88 wrote: »

She doesn't happen to look like the female version of Father Stone does she?

I think you need to be honest with this person. It all sounds like an awful imposition on you and your family. Tell her sorry but no. Do you even enjoy her company?

There is nothing wrong with the woman really it's ,just

shuffles88 wrote: »

She doesn't happen to look like the female version of Father Stone does she?

I think you need to be honest with this person. It all sounds like an awful imposition on you and your family. Tell her sorry but no. Do you even enjoy her company?

There is nothing wrong with the woman really it's ,just visiting to often for myy liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

lulu1 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with the woman really it's ,just visiting to often for myy liking

Lulu I admire your generosity.

I sort of find myself between places around the end of November, any chance me and the family could crash for a couple of nights or so?

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Who the hell invites someone they met in the hospital to come and stay with them ffs?that's weird to begin with and to let it go on for so long? ? Maybe your the one that's weird?

Op I didn't. Actually invite her there and then in the hospital I am not stupid

Or you could go with the cop out "Sorry, my husband isn't keen on the idea. It doesn't suit to have guests at this time of the year". And then you won't hear about it till next summer. Either way, out of the goodness of your heart you are being a right mug. They clearly come and contribute nothing. What terrible guests! And the utter cheek of the daughter suggesting you take her mother in a few days a week!! Realistically this woman may have no friends and no family but that's not your problem. You have got to stop being so softhearted. They are leeches!!

Oh she dose have a well to do family but i done think she gets on with them she only tells ye what u need to know

Lulu I admire your generosity.

I sort of find myself between places around the end of November, any chance me and the family could crash for a couple of nights or so?

The new me

NO. Sorry we are going to the south of France that week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I'd take the easy way out. Send her a text message saying:

"I need to spend time with my family alone for a good while. Maybe in a year it might be more suitable. Hope you understand"

Send that and then never respond to a text or call from her. Change your house phone number if necessary too, seriously.

Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Op what part of the country do you live? Myself and the family could do with a break for a few days :D

You should have told her to fcuk off when she refused you staying at her place and say it works both ways.

lulu1 wrote: »
    The new me

NO. Sorry we are going to the south of France that week

Well done Lulu - you can do it ;)

If that fails do what my wife did - we had a neighbour always poppin in and parkin the ass on the sofa for a year or two.

Wife told her, that I'd convinced her that we should become naturists. Next time she knocks, I opened the front door in me shorts. It was feckin freezin but she soon fecked off, didn't even come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

If that fails do what my wife did - we had a neighbour always poppin in and parkin the ass on the sofa for a year or two.

Wife told her, that I'd convinced her that we should become naturists. Next time she knocks, I opened the front door in me shorts. It was feckin freezin but she soon fecked off, didn't even come in.
    since when do naturists wear shorts................in their own gaff? :)

Hitchens wrote: »
    since when do naturists wear shorts................in their own gaff? :)

The polite ones when they answer the front door, otherwise the Gardai get upset when its trick or treat time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,732 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Tell her you got a bad infestation of rats, they come to stay, they takeover the house, you get rid of them but lo and behold them return uninvited and it is time to poison the visitors...

Or just think..aren't the water charges great..tell her you need to start charging for water as they get no allowances for unwanted visitors.

Or you could say, the rooms they use when they stay are being used by your newly homeless cousin who fell on hard times after they had these visitors stay in their house and they never paid anything, and your cousin went insane, lost their job and couldn't pay for their house so had to surrender it to the banks and the worst thing about it is the house is overcrowded and your cousin needs peace and quiet and you had to throw the TV out as there was a problem with the sound being too loud, and the peace and quiet is a blessing.
    Your cousin needs their space and it is not advisable they come to visit for the foreseeable future.
    Then recommend the pests/unwanted visitors a therapist for treatment for their bad form...given it is bad enough your cousin is in bad form.

Or you could tell them the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

NO. And if she asks why, tell her you're sick of her freeloading bs and her ocd daughter. Or get your husband to do it. I get those jobs in my house :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You'd have got some hop if she said she'd join you :eek: She would have pulled a Mexican draw on you ;)

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You'd have got some hop if she said she'd join you :eek: She would have pulled a Mexican draw on you ;)

Yes :o

But, I think we were on safe ground, local busy body, very up in the church - but hey ya never know, then I probably wouldn't spend as much time on Boards :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

Tell her you're busy at this time and can she come some other time when her daughter can come too. They come and are watching the blaring tv and then BANG! Shovel to the back of the head, kill them both and bury them in your back yard. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Advertisement