Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont want them 4 or 5 times a year

Options
  • 02-11-2014 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

About 4 years ago ago I met a woman in the out patients dept of a hosp. We got chatting and discovered we suffered with the same complaint. We kept in contact and of course me and my big mouth says you'll have to come and visit me. We live in different parts of the country. The very next month she arrived foe the weekend ( which i did not mind in the least ). The next year her and her daughter came and for 3 solid days they never left the house. In July this year her and the daughter came again and i had the house spotless. Well if my blood didnt boil when I caught the daughter examining the knives and forks before we had dinner I said to my daughter that I was going to say something but she wouldnt let me. Last month they landed again This time the daughter only left the house to get supplies to make her own dinner. A few times I commented how mary was going to make the dinner for everyone. OH I only bought enough for myself she says. So the two of them sits for another 3 days with the tv blaring as loud as it could go, and everyone shouting at each other to make themselves heard But I know I should have said something when the daughter said Mum you should come here a few days a week when I am at collage sure you will only be sitting at home on your own ()she is a single mother)Last night the dreaded phone all came asking could she come for a few days as she is in bad form and lonely now the daughter is back at scchool. I told her I would have to ok it with my husband, I couldnt think of anything else to say.We definately dont want to see her so soon again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Tell her to fúck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Lifes too short to put up with that nonsense. They are taking the p!ss and they know it. The longer you leave this the harder it will be to finish it so finish it now and tell them not to come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Then say no ... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Burn down the house and tell them you're homeless -they'll stay somewhere else.

Or just say no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Have I missed something or why haven't you told her to **** off?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Tell her you'd like a few days break yourself and ask her if it ok or you to go to her place for a few days.

If she says no, thats your cue to tell her to fuck off.

If she says yes. Land up on her doorstep at 7 the following morning, with your husband, the kids, dogs, cats and three large suitcases each and move in for a fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

You have to be cruel to be kind sometimes. 'Really need some time with my family/by myself/others close to me' which wouldn't be too far from the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Have I missed something or why haven't you told her to **** off?

because i am my own worst enemy I could not do it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Has no one suggested burning the house down yet?

You really do have to tell them you don't want them visiting again. It's tough but it has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

She doesn't happen to look like the female version of Father Stone does she?

I think you need to be honest with this person. It all sounds like an awful imposition on you and your family. Tell her sorry but no. Do you even enjoy her company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Shame you didn't post this sooner.
    You could have brought them along to AH beers tonight, got some other users in on it and weirded them out enough to see them off for good. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just say, "sorry Mary. Some other time, maybe"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Heisenberg88

Just tell em that now is not a good time. I am constipated and my husband it waiting to eat it should work. Will never hear from them again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

lulu1 wrote: »
    because i am my own worst enemy I could not do it

Sure when they come where are they staying/sleeping? I assume it is in one of your kids rooms? just tell her she can't come because it disrupts your kids schedule and if she doesn't like it then tough titty, it's not your responsibility to look after her while her daughter swans off to college. IF her daughter is so concerned then let her give up her days to entertain her mother

Lapin wrote: »
    Tell her you'd like a few days break yourself and ask her if it ok or you to go to her place for a few days.

If she says no, thats your cue to tell her to fuck off.

If she says yes. Land up on her doorstep at 7 the following morning, with your husband, the kids, dogs, cats and three large suitcases each and move in for a fortnight.

I did suggest that i might go to her for a few days oh she says we have only two rooms you will have to stay in the b/b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

May I please be the first to suggest burning your house down?

It is the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

"We're away,"

Keep saying it until they get the hint.

catallus wrote: »
    May I please be the first to suggest burning your house down?

It is the only way.

Sorry to late someone got in before ye anyway i am offf to bed before someone burns it

Sorry to late someone got in before ye anyway i am offf to bed before someone burns it

But arson is still an option, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

• Advertisement

"We're away,"

Keep saying it until they get the hint.

Or how would this sound

HER Can i come for a few days next week

ME Oh god sorry we're away the very same week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This is my worst nightmare come through.

Fcuk them You don't need them in your life.

Fake your death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

You've gotta tell her to f*ck off (can be done more politely though, I'm sure), she's not your responsiblity and you're not helping her if it's something you realistically can't keep doing forever. My mam has one of these problem people hassling her at home these days and she's only gotten worse, she's just gonna lay into you more and more until you sever ties at this stage.

It's a bad idea to let people become dependent on you like that, you've to ensure there's some sign of a road toward improvement because you can't count on them to do so, like.

catallus wrote: »
    But arson is still an option, yes?

i will sleep on it

i will sleep on it

Backslider:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Start charging her........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Start charging her........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Or how about suggest she stay in a b n b too, just say you find it a little cramped

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Just say your doctor has told you you need to take it easy for a while, and so you're not accepting guests for the next decade or three.

Or flip it around and say you're opening a boutique B&B at €225 per person per night and you'll need to pre charge her credit card to guarantee her booking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Has anyone suggested something flame related yet?

Maybe you could say you are hosting a swingers party.

Advertisement