Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl picking up other girls, interesting outcome.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wonder what the reactions would be if it was a man going around asking other men out?

I'd imagine some of the answers would be different.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wonder what the reactions would be if it was a man going around asking other men out?

I'd imagine some of the answers would be different.

They did a version of a guy asking guys.
    Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k810JfzsUU

The girl in that video reminds me of an ex of mine. Loon alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Montroseee wrote: »
    I would not class a woman that kisses other women a few times L/B, when you said be with another woman I was assuming you meant either having sex or a relationship. Plenty of straight women have kissed another, if it's a recurring event then maybe they would fall into the category of bi-curious.

Plenty of people do not neatly fit into the boxes or labels of gay/bi/straight. Insisting on boxing and labelling people just doesn't work.

Think about this for a minute. Why do you think the healthcare profession uses the term "men who have sex with men"?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Plenty of people do not neatly fit into the boxes or labels of gay/bi/straight. Insisting on boxing and labelling people just doesn't work.

Think about this for a minute. Why do you think the healthcare profession uses the term "men who have sex with men"?

Well possibly because in that group and particularly because its healthcare professionals using it, there is probably quiet a lot of male prostitutes that aren't actually sexually attracted to their male clients and are simply doing it for cash.

Also Men who have sex with Men includes those in denial who self identify as straight.

This doesn't change the fact that Bisexuality is, at its core the characteristic of being potentially attracted to either gender/sex.

Now what is a valid point is that people might not have a bisexual identity, that doesn't change the fact that a person who is (sometimes) attracted to members of the same sex exhibits bisexual tendencies or behavior.

People can self identify as whatever the hell they like and have the right to have that identity respected, that doesn't mean however that we have to deny an accurate description of their behavior or their attractions.

Ironically reading this thread you get the impression that being considered being "bisexual" is bad, surely thats something more worrying than "putting people into boxes"

TL:DR- Identity Politics does not preclude an accurate description thats not placing a judgment value on those behavior or characteristics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Plenty of people do not neatly fit into the box...

What about if the box is just the right size and shape?:confused:

I'm a woman and I'd make love to a woman, no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I think a lot of girls are a little bit gay. I would class myself as hetero but I do find other women attractive and would bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

The only interesting outcome here, is the amount of people who think this is genuine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Way more people are bisexual than people would believe, it's just a spectrum. Woman are usually seen as more open to it due to the culture of men, I doubt the difference between sexes is statistically significant. I don't think it's staged, some of them are put on the spot and say yeah but some would genuinely be interested. It's not in Ireland for one and also it's on a college campus.

Typical lesbian makes no sense at all, they just like hawt girls like we all do :pac:

Reminded me of this, seems to be a lot of channels about people asking people out heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I don't know if I watched the same video because I'm not seeing anything unexpected tbh. I think you're maybe seeing what you want to see OP. Even without considering how the video is edited to give a skewed view, some women said yes, some said no, some said no but still gave their number either out of politeness or some level of bi-curiosity. The yes's are either gay, bi or just curious. You can hardly draw from that, that all women are bisexual, much less, leap way past that and assume they're all lesbians and that your sexuality is determined from your looks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

I think we're all bisexual. Most will never admit it but deep down it's a part of us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Interesting outcome? No, there was no interesting outcome. Unless I missed the hot tub/mud wrestling ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Scannal wrote: »
    I think we're all bisexual. Most will never admit it but deep down it's a part of us all.

And your basing this on what?

People have different sexual preferences, but to say everyone is bisexual is ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

And your basing this on what?

People have different sexual preferences, but to say everyone is bisexual is ridiculous.

Deep down it's there, it's a part of us all. It used to be a normal and regular thing to do but societies attitudes changed over the centuries. It was looked on as being immoral, religion was the main cause of the change of attitudes. I think it might change back but very slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

ewinslet wrote: »
    Newsflash to men: most women are bisexual
    and who can blame them for that ;)

Advertisement