Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl picking up other girls, interesting outcome.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Montroseee wrote: »
    Sorry I actually meant to say it's not about labelling people, I have edited my post now.

I'll edit accordingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Video confirms that girls rule even at the younger generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

As a lesbian who doesnt 'look' like a lesbian this thread just makes me shake my head and sigh. Lesbians are women who fancy women. Not women who fancy women who look like men! There's an awful lot of femme lesbians out there - you just think their straight !

The disbelief of some people in this thread ... Some pretty women genuinely dont want the D.

End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

As a lesbian who doesnt 'look' like a lesbian this thread just makes me shake my head and sigh. Lesbians are women who fancy women. Not women who fancy women who look like men! There's an awful lot of femme lesbians out there - you just think their straight !

The disbelief of some people in this thread ... Some pretty women genuinely dont want the D.

End of.

Sorry that you are offended by the OP, i should not have used the phrase typical lesbian. It's just that I have not come across too many femme lesbians, I accept that that doesn't mean they don't exist i was just being a bit silly. Anyway, I'm just surprised by the number of girls that displayed interest. This girl has three videos just over a third displayed interest which was not in keeping with figures of people identifying as L/B. Maybe this video is staged or maybe it is because this woman is so attractive.

Hot lesbians?

Pssshaw.

Next you'll tell me that there really are wimmen on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Apology accepted.

The stats are around 1 in 10.

I'd estimate its more like one in 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I thought it was the hilight of the thread :p

I wouldn't be baited that easily ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

None of these women are lesbians - lesbians are overweight, wear mens clothes, usually walk around in pairs and have multiple tattoos.

All joking aside, this is pretry much 95% of the ones ive been in the company of.

making out like its the exception to try to belittle a posters comment is misleading

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

I'm genuinely surprised you know lesbians. I mean if I was a lesbian I certainly wouldnt want to know you given what you've said in this thread.

If you were a lesbian and he is a straight man then he would have no use for you so probably wouldnt want to know you either............

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

Sorry that you are offended by the OP, i should not have used the phrase typical lesbian. It's just that I have not come across too many femme lesbians, I accept that that doesn't mean they don't exist i was just being a bit silly. Anyway, I'm just surprised by the number of girls that displayed interest. This girl has three videos just over a third displayed interest which was not in keeping with figures of people identifying as L/B. Maybe this video is staged or maybe it is because this woman is so attractive.

Someone doesn't have to identify themselves as a lesbian or bisexual to be with another girl once or twice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Chocolate Lions

Apology accepted.

The stats are around 1 in 10.

I'd estimate its more like one in 8.

1 in 8 is pretty lol.

The 1 in 10 figure is garbage from an old and very discredited study fyi. There's no definitive figure obviously, it's not a set thing, but the data that's there points between 1-5%. Mostly on the low side. I'm not arsed looking up references but anyone can do that themselves if they want.

It matters very little but it's none the less interesting!

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    Someone doesn't have to identify themselves as a lesbian or bisexual to be with another girl once or twice.

Are you not contradicting yourself there? If a girl was with another woman, it would be safe to assume she was somewhat attracted to that woman. If you find women attract are you are not either L/B?

Are you not contradicting yourself there? If a girl was with another woman, it would be safe to assume she was somewhat attracted to that woman. If you find women attract are you are not either L/B?

Eh, like you've been told by other posters, you need to chill with the labels.
    If a woman shifts a few women in her life but only wants to have relationships with men, she probably wouldn't call herself L/B. I don't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Chocolate Lions

If you have one cigarette are you forever a smoker?

Sex and life in general isn't this thing you label and categorize into oblivion. Ease up on trying to tag people, you'll turn into a voyeur.

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    Eh, like you've been told by other posters, you need to chill with the labels.
    If a woman shifts a few women in her life but only wants to have relationships with men, she probably wouldn't call herself L/B. I don't think.

I would not class a woman that kisses other women a few times L/B, when you said be with another woman I was assuming you meant either having sex or a relationship. Plenty of straight women have kissed another, if it's a recurring event then maybe they would fall into the category of bi-curious.

I would not class a woman that kisses other women a few times L/B, when you said be with another woman I was assuming you meant either having sex or a relationship. Plenty of straight women have kissed another, if it's a recurring event then maybe they would fall into the category of bi-curious.

Shifts/has sex.... whatever, it's still casual "activities"

Dude, I'm not trying to be mean but you MUST STOP thinking in categories!

Stop trying to class people as bisexual, lesbian, bicurious etc. it will get you nowhere and just keeps confusing the (non)-issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

I think most of them are just trying to be nice and get rid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'd say there are plenty of women who've engaged in a lot more than kissing with a woman who would identify themselves as straight, just like plenty lesbians have at some point had relationships/sex with men. And I'd say the proportion of women who would be open to at least going on a date with another woman is much higher among younger women, I don't think the amount of yeses she's getting in that video are too remarkable all things considered.

Dude, I'm not trying to be mean but you MUST STOP thinking in categories!

Stop trying to class people as bisexual, lesbian, bicurious etc. it will get you nowhere and just keeps confusing the (non)-issue!

To be honest I really wish I'd never seen that video, it was only by chance I came across it whilst browsing youtube and now I can't stop thinking about it. It's just slightly irritating me that there is such a difference in what science/research says and this social experiment, maybe it is staged. I hope it is staged actually, after all these channels make money off this kind of thing and they as many viewers and curious people looking at their channel as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

At a guess I would say a lot of the apparent success in this video would be that a woman is less threatening than a guy in an on the street encounter. Also big difference between saying Yes and doing it.
    I'd say there are plenty of women who've engaged in a lot more than kissing with a woman who would identify themselves as straight, just like plenty lesbians have at some point had relationships/sex with men. And I'd say the proportion of women who would be open to at least going on a date with another woman is much higher among younger women, I don't think the amount of yeses she's getting in that video are too remarkable all things considered.

Whats wrong with considering somebody who's had some level of attraction to the opposite sex as having at least bisexual tendencies though :confused: If sexuality is a spectrum surely being slightly bisexual isn't an insult.

If somebody tried something and really didn't like it I get the point, I know two male friends of mine who did that* and at least one of them I can be certain wouldn't have repressed it if he had. But if the attraction to the opposite sex remains at some level, what do you call it?It might mess with the whole Identity Politics aspect of this which is why I guess people react to it but if your not implying any negatives to the activity I don't see the issue with being factually accurate.

Edit: Not with each other or me! as Al Murray says Never Been Confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Whats wrong with considering somebody who's had some level of attraction to the opposite sex as having at least bisexual tendencies though :confused: If sexuality is a spectrum surely being slightly bisexual isn't an insult.

If somebody tried something and really didn't like it I get the point, I know two male friends of mine who did that and at least one of them I can be certain wouldn't have repressed it if he had. But if the attraction to the opposite sex remains at some level, what do you call it?It might mess with the whole Identity Politics aspect of this which is why I guess people react to it but if your not implying any negatives to the activity I don't see the issue with being factually accurate.

No I mean in terms of the stats, which seemed to be what was confusing the OP. I assume the figures are going on self-identification and box-ticking rather than detailed questions about sexual history. So >90% of women might identify as straight, but that doesn't mean that less than ten percent of women have ever had a same-sex experience or relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

No I mean in terms of the stats, which seemed to be what was confusing the OP. I assume the figures are going on self-identification and box-ticking rather than detailed questions about sexual history. So >90% of women might identify as straight, but that doesn't mean that less than ten percent of women have ever had a same-sex experience or relationship.

Hmmm I think get what you mean alright, personally I think there is actually very few completely homosexual people, and a lot of people somewhere on the bisexual spectrum, I think the stats sort of show this, surprising amount of people have had some sort of bisexual experience say 20-30%, amount of people that identify as homosexual say %5 (not looking up stats tonight and they're all inaccurate anyway)

To be honest I really wish I'd never seen that video, it was only by chance I came across it whilst browsing youtube and now I can't stop thinking about it. It's just slightly irritating me that there is such a difference in what science/research says and this social experiment, maybe it is staged. I hope it is staged actually, after all these channels make money off this kind of thing and they as many viewers and curious people looking at their channel as possible.

If you think about it though, figures like this are always going to be under recorded!

Instead of being staged, it's probably just some clever editing. I'd say she propositioned way more people than shown and they only included the ones that showed what the filmmakers wanted you to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Lovely girls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

Hey OP I received an infraction for my "special" comment and the warning was 100% correct, I shouldn't have said that to you and I am sorry, I'm not saying this because I was told to (I wasn't) I am saying it because you were only curious and thats not a crime that warrants me insulting you in that manner. I am not even going to make excuses for it, I was being a complete and utter **** so deserved the warning. All I ask is that you don't let that one post pepper your opinion of me in other threads because generally I am not that much of a nasty ****er

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭greasepalm

hmm Madonna,Katy Perry,Miley Cyrus and Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Pretty girl gets an easy pass. Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lilblankdress2

My boyfriends sister is gay, she is very pretty (slim, long lovely hair and pretty looking) her girlfriend who is a walking bitch is stunning looking (blond, slim, so pretty and her being a make up artist means shes always really well presented) The girlfriend will not kiss or even hold hands in public as she says that it is a hindrance that they are both pretty looking and they are not butch and lesbian looking.... she says that she knows she'll get comments from men etc. Sad really that she even has to think of that.
    In London a couple of weeks ago we were delighted to see that gay couples were happy to walk around holding hands, kissing in public. Sooner it becomes the norm in Ireland the better imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Honestly, I don't care what percentage of which gender is which orientation.
    My primary concerns are "are the people I am attracted to attracted to me" and "are people being treated fairly or un fairly? Are they getting bullied or mistreated?" and "if I'm with someone in a serious relationship that they aren't cheating on me".

Sure it's awkward if someone I am not attracted to makes it overly clear they they are interested in me... just as it's awkward when I am attracted to someone and they aren't interested, but in the grand scheme of things I'm actually more likely to panic when I realise that someone I like also likes me than I am if someone I'm not interested in shows an interest in me.

Advertisement