Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst trait/s one could have?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DuMorph

pride in one's own ignorance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Stinginess and a person being really self-absorbed. Selfishness is one thing but it's so hard to be friends with someone who is completely wrapped up in themselves and what's going on in their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Negativity towards life. It permeates every aspect of a person's character, from jealousy towards others to inability to see the joy in any situation. Those people can suck the life out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DuMorph

party-political loyalty has a lot to answer for-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Schadenfreude - the ingrained, permanent sort, not the sort we all feel on occasion when the guy with the inconsiderately-parked shiny car scrapes the bumper as he tries to reverse out of his spot while simultaneously talking on his iPhone and sipping his latte.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Indifference to others needs. Just being cold hearted in general.

beks101 wrote: »
    Negativity towards life. It permeates every aspect of a person's character, from jealousy towards others to inability to see the joy in any situation. Those people can suck the life out of you.

Happiness vampires, they drain your optimism and leave you miserable. Utterly toxic, can't stand the type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

They've all been said here already but I'd have a particular dislike for very self-absorbed people. That horrible selfishness some people possess when they couldn't give a flying fook about anyone but themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Spite.

Snobbery.

Not being able to back down from a clearly wrong position or apologize.

Lack of compassion for others.

Slyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Unkindness, nastiness, racism, selfish & ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Being a boring old git

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ewinslet

Smoking, if one could call it a trait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Being a boring old git

Great one that hasn't been repeated ten times already. Being minus craic is a f*cking tragic way to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭worded

Great one that hasn't been repeated ten times already. Being minus craic is a f*cking tragic way to be.

Craicist ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

worded wrote: »
    Craicist ?

Craictose intolerant?

beks101 wrote: »

A lot of what in reading reminds me of my X.
    Thank god I'm not with her anymore.
    What a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Being a lazy s hite, i.e. being on boards when they could and should be doing more important. AKA me.:pac:

Craictose intolerant?

I couldn't remember the term. Thank you !

anncoates wrote: »
    Spite.

Snobbery.

Not being able to back down from a clearly wrong position or apologize.

Lack of compassion for others.

Slyness.

I forgot slyness, that's a good (bad) one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

The worst trait anyone can have is a sense of entitlement, eventually everything boils down to that "I'm straight, you are lower than me because you are gay", "I am white, you are dirt to me because you are black" , "I am male, you are only a woman so I own you", "I am beautiful so you don't deserve to talk to me" , "I'm rich so because you are poor you are scum". Every single undesirable trait can eventually be traced back to an over inflated sense of entitlement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Negativity, moaning about everything.

Can only see the problems in things, the reasons not to do something, the reasons why something won't work.

Gets you down to be around people like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Chunners wrote: »
    The worst trait anyone can have is a sense of entitlement, eventually everything boils down to that "I'm straight, you are lower than me because you are gay", "I am white, you are dirt to me because you are black" , "I am male, you are only a woman so I own you", "I am beautiful so you don't deserve to talk to me" , "I'm rich so because you are poor you are scum". Every single undesirable trait can eventually be traced back to an over inflated sense of entitlement

So you're a gay, black lesbian that happens to be ugly and a scumbag. Jeesus you have it rough alright

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

before I even opened the thread I said selfishness, great minds etc :P

A lot of bad things are born out of selfishness including some of the other traits mentioned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

So you're a gay, black lesbian that happens to be ugly and a scumbag. Jeesus you have it rough alright

I know, it's a trial and all but still I try look on the bright side of life because it could be worse, I mean I could be some sad twat that gets validation from reactions he gets from anonymously posting inflammatory remarks on the internet and that would really be pathetic. Compared to that my life as a gay, black lesbian that happens to be ugly and a scumbag seems somewhat blessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Weak willed and lacking drive and ambition. The kind of people who wait around waiting for something to happen instead of pursuing their goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

you realise OP, that most people are selfish? if even unintentionally so.

Alot of people only help others because it makes them "feel good". They volunteer places so they can "feel like they're helping/doing something."

How many people do you know who aren't highly materialistic? when we could do with alot less and give alot more.

Selfishness is bad trait, but it's something so common, that I couldn't consider it the worst.

To me, the worst is short tempered/aggressive people. Those that are quick to get agitated and angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

General c*ntishness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

A bad temper.

Moodiness.

Freaking out about small things that are irrelevant.

Bullishness.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

No manners and being stingy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

Chunners wrote: »
    Compared to that my life as a gay, black lesbian that happens to be ugly and a scumbag seems somewhat blessed.

am I reading this correctly ?

you are a Black lesbian
    and you are admitting that you are ugly and a scumbag

or you just can't communicate properly
    or I am not understanding what you wrote

Advertisement