Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 1st. November 2014 9.50pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I feel like I'm intruding on this lady's grief and bereavement...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Bonnie still in the green room...

fa14691d8123feede785b2b4874d-grande.jpg

I thought it was Montrose on a Sat/Sun morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I feel like I'm intruding on this lady's grief and bereavement...
    She is doing this because she wants to and she needs to do it. Some good has to come from something so horrific :(

MrsD007 wrote: »
    She is doing this because she wants to and she needs to do this. Some good has to come from something so horrific :(

I know MrsD........

Just makes my heart break looking at her sadness and loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,955 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not much you can do if someone wants to do such a thing. Drivers would have to go on regular mental health screening and this would be no guarantee that it wouldn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

To lose a husband and two of her kids with one being unborn from a car crash is absolutely heartbreaking.

R.I.P to those who died in the crash.

This is probably the most somber interview that we ever had on the SNS and that is saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Brendan is handling this interview very well. Poor woman. Can you imagine what a f*ck-up Tubridy would make of it?

I'm so glad that this woman finds consolation in her faith, I don't think I could but I really admire her.

The fine line between bitterness and forgiveness is a fine a line as love and hate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

efb wrote: »
    MoTD now, Arsenal on after WHU, Back to 4th!!! :D

Switching over to MOTD to watch highlights of Liverpool losing to Newcastle is like switching from one misery slot to another. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

This is probably the most somber interview that we ever had on the SNS and that is saying something.

At least they had the good sense to 1. finish the competition and 2. get all the happy guests out of the way as well, before introducing the segment.... I'm not sure another show, which shall remain nameless, hosted by another host, who shall remain nameless, would have had the good sense to do similar...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

coolhull wrote: »
    Brendan is handling this interview very well. Poor woman. Can you imagine what a f*ck-up Tubridy would make of it?

He is actually really good here

Lapin wrote: »
    Switching over to MOTD to watch highlights of Liverpool losing to Newcastle is like switching from one misery slot to another. :(

Ah, stop Lapin.

Fecking football has no comparison tonight....

Elber is an extraordinary woman, I hope she finds love and happiness again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

yikes context!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

At least they had the good sense to 1. finish the competition and 2. get all the happy guests out of the way as well, before introducing the segment.... I'm not sure another show, which shall remain nameless, hosted by another host, who shall remain nameless, would have had the good sense to do similar...

I know. Let's pick up the mood with a jolly hyper Grease medley by the older Barrie Boys next.*

*Coincidences to real life talk shows are purely accidental.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Elber is an extraordinary woman, I hope she finds love and happiness again.

Time is a great healer MrsD....

It's very soon for this gentle lady....

It will come in time...

Ah, stop Lapin.

Fecking football has no comparison tonight....

True. But I couldn't watch that interview.

Such a sad lady.

May her lights shine bright again...

Me either. I don't see the point of them tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I wish Elber well, and hope she continues to gain strength.

Hugs to ye all tonight...

That young mother who lost all her family is a kick in the arse to all of us who take it all for granted....

I'm off to give little grey a big hug....

Night night all! xxx :)GSW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

And no. Neither could I.

I know this guy Marek was suicidal but I don't know where she finds the strength to forgive for not finding another way of doing what he had to do. God love him? That couldn't be my sentiment.

Just rewinding Halloween II on the oul VHS player... Great oul horror movie...

I was gonna put on "Dark Night Of The Scarecrow", but I've already seen last night's Late Late Show.. :D

Meanwhile at Dublin Airport, Bonnie Tyler's plane has just departed.

th?&id=HN.608022865276178225&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Arsenal won 3-0 off to BBC4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

What an amazing woman Elber Twomey is. Unimaginable heartbreak and her ability to forgive is amazing. Going upstairs now to kiss my beautiful kids and partner goodnight. Thank god I have them . That interview was eye opening.

Such a sad lady. May her lights shine bright again...

I just envisaged Tubridy finishing the interview with Elber Twomey and introducing the Billie Barrie kids singing Shine by Take That...

Just rewinding Halloween II on the oul VHS player... Great oul horror movie...

I was gonna put on "Dark Night Of The Scarecrow", but I've already seen last night's Late Late Show.. :D

You could have warned me that the film I watched last night was the worst waste of red dulux paint in the world ever.....

I suppose you've no better suggestions for tonight that's not on your personal telly thingie.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I couldn't imagine what people are influencing when they are going to become to a suicidal driver.

The risk of killing other people through this method is probably too great to comprehend at this time because these people could be of any age group or from any walk of life. It is a good thing to raise awareness of this training to prevent this dangerous type of driving as it can be a great danger to anyone in society today at given moment.

And with that I will finish and I'm off to watch Graham. Night Night folks.

Advertisement