Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 1st. November 2014 9.50pm

Options
  • 01-11-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72,336 ✭✭✭✭

istock_000003740402xsmall.jpg

article-2289380-0282F8D200000578-723_306x471.jpg

And a 'Noswaith dda' to you, my lovely! :D

Coming up on the show this week, Johnny Ward, AKA Pauley from Love/ Hate will be in to talk about his time in one of the best series on TV and about his next big role in panto. Music legend Bonnie Tyler will be in to perform her iconic tune “Holding Out for a Hero” and to have a chat with Brendan. Elber Twomey will be in talking to Brendan as well. And Independent TD Michael Fitzmaurice will be in talking about life in Leinster House and about what he wants to do for rural Ireland. Tune in at 9.50pm after the evening news!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Maybe next week his musical guest can be this guy? I bet he has one hell of a story to tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Who hell Elber Twomey?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,336 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Who hell Elber Twomey?

No matter Donie, you've got your weekly Love/Hate guest! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Oh yeah I remember her story... She lost her husband and sixteen year old child when a suicidal driver crashed in to their car...

I would have thought Tubridy would have made room for them on the show last night, but I guess he would argue that he had the show packed brimful of misery already and didnt have the room...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Who hell Elber Twomey?
    Who is Elber Twomey? I think she is one incredibly brave woman. She has been through hell and back and has experienced the most dreadful loss imaginable. Since she recovered from the car crash that wiped her family out she has been working tirelessly to educate the Gardaí/Police and other emergency services on how to deal with people in high risk situations.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/coroner-praises-courage-and-dignity-of-woman-who-lost-family-to-actions-of-suicidal-taxi-driver-30298598.html

• Advertisement

Oh yeah I remember her story... She lost her husband and sixteen year old child when a suicidal driver crashed in to their car...
    In addition to losing her husband and her 16 month old son, she also lost the unborn daughter she was carrying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭knickerbocker

I would have thought Tubridy would have made room for them on the show last night, but I guess he would argue that he had the show packed brimful of misery already and didnt have the room...

Thanks County Hurler for quoting my post.... which appears to have been deleted with no explanation!
    Yes, a tragic story, she also lost an unborn child as well as husband and 16 month old son.

Thanks County Hurler for quoting my post.... which appears to have been deleted with no explanation!
    I was trying to spare you the embarrassment but seeing as you've brought it up. Smart @rse comments like "let me Google that for you" are not welcome here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh, I remember that story. Tragic doesn't come close to describing it. Poor woman.

Edit: I thought it was the name of an actress or something. Would have phrased my question more respectfully if I'd any idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Fair play Donie.

Evening All :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Good evening :)

Miserable out there. I am in bed with the electric blanket on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Maybe next week his musical guest can be this guy? I bet he has one hell of a story to tell!

Or girl in row 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

amdublin wrote: »
    Good evening :) Miserable out there. I am in bed with the electric blanket on :D

And one of these on these on the bedside locker, no doubt..

1l_df_absolut.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Think I might give this a miss, sounds grim

How-diddily-ho, Irishinos!

*hic*

Turner%20Road%20Reserve%20Merlot-yhc2__width_900__height_900__zoomcrop_none__bgcolour_FFF.jpg

I'm finishing off last night's prosecco! 2 years in my own house!

Good Evening All :)

The news tonight reminded me of the St. Patrick's Day news bulletins with all the coverage of the parades water charges protests around the country. I hope our politicians are paying attention.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Good Evening All :)

The news tonight reminded me of the St. Patrick's Day news bulletins with all the coverage of the parades water charges protests. I hope our politicians are paying attention.

I said the same on FB- Plastic Sheeting, Tralee

Any boardsies here protest today?

His delivery is as poor as ever

• Advertisement

Any boardsies here protest today?

No. I registered last week! :oops:

That last gag went down like a lead balloon!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

efb wrote: »
    His delivery is as poor as ever

I like brendan but the jokes need to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pity they got rid of him, he had potential to be a proper thug in the show.

Gulp!

M

Has he been taking some of those tabs from the show, he's flying it...

I'm getting tired of watching Love Hate actors on the SNS and the LLS, at this stage I wish they would go back to the RTE canteen for their guests.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Evening all.

th?&id=HN.608022697773107167&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

By the way. What was that Varadkar 'joke' about?

"It isn't the Canadian government".

I don't get it. confused.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Evening all, Paulie scubs up well:D:D:D:

• Advertisement
    M

efb wrote: »
    Gulp!

What's the cat drinking tonight? :D

Advertisement