Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 Match-day Thread.

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

85 points sees me up from 8k to 2.4k, absolutely delighted. 4 green arrows in a row and now the main aim is to break into that elusive top 1k for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Was really waiting for this:D

A slight drop after tonight but (overall) jump from 2226th to 364th.
    34th in Ireland.

Can you imagine I just got promoted at work, too? This afternoon:D

Working all the evenings and weekends when some of you watched the games finally paid off. The bad news is I still have to do it, but at least I get paid for it.

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

GW rank 5,494
    Overall 4,066

Both highest ever.

It's all downhill from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

wonski wrote: »
    Was really waiting for this:D

A slight drop after tonight but (overall) jump from 2226th to 364th.
    34th in Ireland.

Can you imagine I just got promoted at work, too? This afternoon:D

Working all the evenings and weekends when some of you watched the games finally paid off. The bad news is I still have to do it, but at least I get paid for it.

Happy days.

Do the lotto this week!

Do the lotto this week!

I never do, but i will:D One of those days when you laugh all the time:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

76 pts.
    GW rank just outside top 100k.
    Overall rank ~25k.

WC worked a treat :D. Last win captain change from Sanchez to Costa is a regret but delighted anyway.

Fair play wonski, good to see a league 2 H2H'er making a fist of it, even if you've knocked me back into 3rd spot. Congrats on the promotion as well.

It's strange that I'm still well within the top 10k and I feel like I'm in freefall. The only time i got a decent score from my captain all season was GW 8, when it changed to Aguero after Costa didn't play.

Still, my aim before the season was 50 - 60 pts per week. This week I got 54, and am sitting in 8097th place.

Fantasy football is a strange mistress!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Settled at 13k,dropped from 9k but pleased.

Two rash transfers this week have left me with no goalkeeper for gw11 unless I go to a minus 8. Reckon I'd he better off with 10 playing than another hit.

Fair play wonski, good to see a league 2 H2H'er making a fist of it, even if you've knocked me back into 3rd spot. Congrats on the promotion as well.

It's strange that I'm still well within the top 10k and I feel like I'm in freefall. The only time i got a decent score from my captain all season was GW 8, when it changed to Aguero after Costa didn't play.

Still, my aim before the season was 50 - 60 pts per week. This week I got 54, and am sitting in 8097th place.

Fantasy football is a strange mistress!

Thanks.

One good week can make a big difference.

I am about to frame my rank - only a matter of time when I go back to the "suburbs".

Anyone sitting around 50k at this stage can make a jump to the top 100 - a bit of luck is needed, though. Bringing Sanchez last week, and Chambers this week was a highlight of my season. For an Arsenal fan it felt really good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

wonski wrote: »
    Thanks.

One good week can make a big difference.

I am about to frame my rank - only a matter of time when I go back to the "suburbs".

Anyone sitting around 50k at this stage can make a jump to the top 100 - a bit of luck is needed, though. Bringing Sanchez last week, and Chambers this week was a highlight of my season. For an Arsenal fan it felt really good:D

Hurts me as a Gooner that I can't 100% enjoy Sanchez's non-game winning goals since I don't own him :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

53 points and a drop of 18,000 places to 43,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

58 points. Started the week at 28k. Finish it at 37k. I'll certainly take that. On Saturday evening I was at 58k. Score wasn't as bad as I had thought.

Transfers already done for next week. First -4 of the season taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »

Given I think I'm playing you in the H2H this week I'll take that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

64 leaves me in 7,900 which is slightly down overall but back up since Saturday night, so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Moved from 95k yesterday to 78k after getting Taylor 6 pts off the bench very surprised with that. Up 800k places in 3 weeks my team not going to be ideal this week though so hoping to just get through this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

79(-4) for the week with Costa as captain so will take that gratefully! The -4 hit gave me a net gain of +8 too! Up now to 8K from 14K overall.

I think I am one of the very few with 9 green arrows in a row since Gameweek 1. See below, can't see it going on for much longer!

1 1,475,127 new
    2 1,090,460 up
    3 698,183 up
    4 401,536 up
    5 297,983 up
    6 174,028 up
    7 144,726 up
    8 47,300 up
    9 13,956 up
    10 8,012 up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    58 points. Started the week at 28k. Finish it at 37k. I'll certainly take that. On Saturday evening I was at 58k. Score wasn't as bad as I had thought.

Same here but about 100k behind you. A miserable 51 pts drew me back to 167k though I was behind 230k on Sat eve...

Transfers done too. First 4 pts hit of the season. Let's hope noone gets injured now.
    Hackers wrote: »
    I think I am one of the very few with 9 green arrows in a row since Gameweek 1. See below, can't see it going on for much longer!

1 1,475,127 new
    2 1,090,460 up
    3 698,183 up
    4 401,536 up
    5 297,983 up
    6 174,028 up
    7 144,726 up
    8 47,300 up
    9 13,956 up
    10 8,012 up

That's an impressive run. Fair play :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

82 (-8) is very satisfactory especially with Costa captain.

My 4 transfers in accumulated 46 points whereas the 4 players they replaced got only 5 points (plus 1 point that would have come off the bench for Silva)

Starting to turn around an early season nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

CSF wrote: »
    82 (-8) is very satisfactory especially with Costa captain.

Wow :eek:! Imagine what it'd have been with Sánchez captain :P...
    CSF wrote: »
    My 4 transfers in accumulated 46 points whereas the 4 players they replaced got only 5 points (plus 1 point that would have come off the bench for Silva)
    Bravo :cool:. What are your moves this week :p?

By the way what were they (your transfers)?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

67 brings me to 27k. Like Lemlin, 4 point hit taken this week. Unlike Lemlin, it's the seventh of my season :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

iroced wrote: »
    Wow :eek:! Imagine what it'd have been with Sánchez captain :P...

Bravo :cool:. What are your moves this week :p?

By the way what were they (your transfers)?
    I know!! Would have hit 95.

My 4 transfers were Sanchez, Chambers, Hazard and Tadic for Silva, Kelly, Di Maria and Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ended up on 58 points and only dropped from 10k to 16k. Phew :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Finished with 73 points. Went up 401 places :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

First of all, congrats on both fronts Wonski, great to hear of good things happening to fellow FSA'ers. I'd love to have had a start like that, the thing I would say to someone in your position is not to be defensive now i'd imagine it's easy in your position to view hits as a risk but I don't think you'll be able to last in those positions unless your either very lucky or not afraid to take a chance. Anyway I hope your new position (work) doesn't take up so much of your time that you won't be able to "benefit:P" from our advice.

I've moved into the top 50k from 120k last week. Like others I'm raging that I didn't captain Sanchez, I was very close to doing it, the extra 10 points would have been sweet but I certainly won't complain with 83(-4) and another win in the FSA Premier league to put me in the top 6 and only 3 points behind the leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

"The Argentinian's (Aguero) effort was the only goal scored by a forward with more than 4% ownership in Gameweek 10. That outcome is indicative of a trend in FPL that has seen an array of budget forwards deliver regular points hauls."

Interesting tidbit from the FPL Scout Extra

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ended up on 58 points and only dropped from 10k to 16k. Phew :o

Ended up on 59 points and dropped from 1.5k to 3.7k. Phew :)

Advertisement