Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the people of After Hours like kids?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Kids are mannerly where I'm living. Back in Ireland, not so much.

Given the attitudes on display towards kids in these threads the have every right to be little sh*ts towards some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

No I don't in general. And what I'm increasingly getting irritated by is
    a) people who bring their kids to work and expect you to go gooey over them because you're female. It's a ****ing work place, I don't need to see dirty nappies and hear their kids crying for a couple of hours
    b) people who keep telling me I'm going to change my mind when I say I don't want kids. Fcuk right off away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Have 3, well they are teens now. They are well mannered well brought up young adults. In saying that they speak their mind now and again, sometimes in an aggressive manner, but since it was me who taught them to speak up and say what they are thinking instead of pussy footing around can't really say too much. They know the difference between right and wrong. It astounds me how different and individual they are. Each has a different personality. It's not an easy job being a parent trying to bring up children but it is a rewarding one. I would kill anyone who harmed a hair on their heads.
    What annoys me more than children is the mums/dads walking around talking in a loud voice to their little cherubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I don't like kids, one of the most awkward situations is when you're on the bus or the plane or something and there's a kid in front that decides it wants to interact with you, sometimes they're persistent no matter how much you limit eye contact, no understanding of boundaries or personal space :mad: The mother just thinks this is so adorable and is grinning back at you and I imagine the smile I give back to look something like :/

not a fan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Wompa1 wrote: »
    A life of celibacy, eh? Tough deal

Spoken like a true virgin. Condoms have been around for quite some time you know. And no, they are not for making balloons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I don't. Everyone's too p.c. these days when it comes to kids. The paedophile thing is always is the back of your mind and swearing is no no but is likely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Some kids are cool and have manners and know their place. In public the ones who scream and moan and run around your table while you're eating. Now they have a special place of contempt in my heart. Not as much as the parents who think that it's normal to have this thing of noise screaming and screaming. My Dad told me stories that when I was too loud he just picked me up and we went home.

Does no one have consideration for people around them out in public or something? I mean you made the life choice. Why should I have to live with it. If it's even on the street or on the bus ok but don't go on sitting there ignoring the kid because he's being a brat in a restaurant or a library (don't even try and reason that parents are only trying to enlighten their child, books can be read anywhere and if he/she wants to wail and wail then it's a bit counter productive for those actually trying to read or study). Why should any of us have to suffer it. Bring kids to kids places end of. Kids have too much energy to be cooped up while you sit there yapping to your friend. You gave up your right to a normal social life for a few years I shouldn't have to deal with it. Ahhhhhh that rant was fulfilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,289 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well mannered kids are fine, kids having temper tantrums do my head in though and also when they run riot in public places like supermarkets or restaurants, I've paid for my dinner so it's nice to eat it in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

It's when they grow into goats that you usually run into problems

I want a goat

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Kids that are sound are fantastic. Same as adults really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Kids that act like assholes drive me nuts, same as adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

No, don't see the fascination with kids and REALLY don't see what others find interesting about babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

I love kids too, especially when they are turned on a roasting spit being cooked to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

They're noisy, they're stupid, they smell bad and you can't hit them anymore. No redeeming features whatsoever.

to be honest its the parents I blame when I see bad mannered kids when I am out and about, bad upbringing, but then again even the most well mannered kids do have their off days as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

I like kids, if it wasn't for their tiny hands Nike clothing wouldn't have such perfect stitching

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

to be honest its the parents I blame when I see bad mannered kids when I am out and about, bad upbringing, but then again even the most well mannered kids do have their off days as well.

As do adults :)

You know where you are with kids, they say exactly what they're thinking and feeling. Some kids are brats and hard to like, but most are good fun and appreciate my efforts to amuse them. I love watching my nephews think things through and triumphantly come to conclusions, no matter how unlikely. I like babies too, they're cuddly little yokes. When they smile at me I can't help but smile back.

I don't mind them making noise and playing, and I'm not offended by the existence of family parking spots. One day those little feckers will be paying for my nursing home, thats enough payback for me.

Candie wrote: »
    You know where you are with kids, they say exactly what they're thinking and feeling. Some kids are brats and hard to like, but most are good fun and appreciate my efforts to amuse them. I love watching my nephews think things through and triumphantly come to conclusions, no matter how unlikely. I like babies too, they're cuddly little yokes. When they smile at me I can't help but smile back.

I don't mind them making noise and playing, and I'm not offended by the existence of family parking spots. One day those little feckers will be paying for my nursing home, thats enough payback for me.

same here. I love happy smiley babies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Cruelty to animals disgusts me so I use children instead of hares for coursing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

I think many posters in After Hours regard kids as competitors in the immaturity stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 littlebuddy84

No, I can't stand any of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I don't understand the vitriol against children on here sometimes. It's baffling. Ok you might've had some experience of a brat running around but most parents have enough cop on to know where and when children belong and don't. I have two children and we don't bring them to certain places but if we do we try to be as considerate as possible and not to disturb others. Most parents we know are the same. There's assholes who are assholes whether they have children. Who do people think will be funding their pensions in the future?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

lazygal wrote: »
    Who do people think will be funding their pensions in the future?!

They're a necessary evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house.

There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭dockleaf

Love kids generally, love babies- any excuse to coo over a baby, I'm there in a flash. Blame my hormones for it, mother nature is making me like them.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

Children are brilliant because they still experience the enormous sense of wonder that is the world and all its contents. We adults are such awful creatures in that we no longer do.

Can't deal with kids at all. I know they're not all little brats but even well behaved ones wreck my head if they're being loud and hyper. I don't have the patience to deal with them. Definitely never having kids, I would make a terrible parent.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Kids are great. An army of minions just waiting to be trained to overthrow the Facist Capitalist pigs in power. All hail the Fatherland comrade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I love children. They are innocent and loveable. Anyone that says a child's smile doesn't touch them must be made of stone.

Advertisement