Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the people of After Hours like kids?

Options
  • 31-10-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭

So for as long as I've been coming in here I've noticed it doesn't take much for people to start giving out about kids.

Personally I don't really care I tend to stay away from other people s kids cause I feel awkward around them and they tend to annoy me some ain't to bad though.

I don't like kids who are spoilt pricks but does anyone?

I have a son who s nearly a year old I obviously love him but he has his moments where he drives me mental but that's the thing its your own child so you just get on with it.

So do people just not like kids in general or is it a case of u don't like other people s kids?

Obviously there's people out there who love them all!

How do u feel?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Well I wouldn't eat a whole one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No.

It's usually because their parents are condescending, overbearing idiots who think their prodigy is gods gift to the rest of us, and because they can't bring up well mannered kids.

Kids with manners are okay, don't tend to spend much time with kids if I can help it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

smash wrote: »

Me neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

smash wrote: »

I was waiting for someone to say that I would of said it myself if I could ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

It's when they grow into goats that you usually run into problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Kids are alright in small doses. When I see kids roaring and screaming when I'm out and about, I tell myself I'll never have any. I just can't be dealing with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Chris Hansen, your cover has been blown

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I like to use the Dog Principle. If a dog is well trained & mannerly, then I'll like that dog. If a kid is well trained and mannerly, then I'll like that kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I generally dislike when kids are obnoxious in public, and even more obnoxious "loud parenting" for the benefit of everyone else, but I can't wait to have my own.

...let's see how that works out :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Kids are like adults in that most of them are annoying but the ones that I know well seem sound enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Some of the people in here really like kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

These future economic units will be working hard generating tax which will go towards paying my pension when i retire

whats not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Not really, can't seem myself having any in the foreseeable future either.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Kids are fine. It's other people's kids that are the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I have an extremely strong dislike of children but I try to be nice to them, its not their fault they're little ****ebags its just their nature.

The amount of bloody cbeebies I do have to watch on a daily basis surprised I don't hate kids with a passion ffs!

What I do know though is the ****ing over the top molly coddle ****e people seem to push on everyone these days is what have some parents and kids the way they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Should be shot at birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The amount of bloody cbeebies I do have to watch on a daily basis surprised I don't hate kids with a passion ffs!

What I do know though is the ****ing over the top molly coddle ****e people seem to push on everyone these days is what have some parents and kids the way they are!

RastaMouse is my personal favourite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

'Kids are like farts, you can barely stand your own' - Abraham Lincoln.

RastaMouse is my personal favourite

Jesus no! Ha.

Talk about confusing young kids learning how to talk show them a bunch of bloody Jamaican mice who don't speak real English!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

Don't ask this question on priests.ie. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm at work and a kid just came skidding into view having slipped on a grate and barrelled through a puddle that was 3 times his size like he was riding a log flume. He ended up crashing into a small group of French tourists.

He stood up, shook himself off like a dog and nonchalantly went on his way.

That kid, I like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭Rotunda Shill

Depends where they are.

Screaming babies on an airplane .. NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Don't mind kids. It's usually their adult parents that can annoy me.

Have loads of nieces and nephews. They're grand if I have to look after them for a few hours, but when they're gone I'm really grateful that I'm not a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Kids are mannerly where I'm living. Back in Ireland, not so much.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I like kids for the most part - I can be a bit of a big kid myself but there is a time and a place for children. A quality restaurant or especially a pub is NOT a place for small children. I also detest kids who act like spoiled brats.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Kids are mannerly where I'm living. Back in Ireland, not so much.

Whats it like in happy fun make believe world? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

I've spent most of life ensuring I don't have kids. So the last thing I'm going to do is to endure other peoples kids.

Whats it like in happy fun make believe world? :pac:

Pretty cool. They say excuse me sir. I'm in the South of the US.

• Advertisement

Vandango wrote: »
    I've spent most of life ensuring I don't have kids. So the last thing I'm going to do is to endure other peoples kids.

A life of celibacy, eh? Tough deal

Advertisement