Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best thing you've bought?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

A memory foam mattress topper, my mattress is getting on in years now but the mattress topper keeps it comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

shuffles88 wrote: »
    A memory foam mattress topper, my mattress is getting on in years now but the mattress topper keeps it comfy

tis a good one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

My samsung TV. I look at a lot of telly and the oul HD is great. RTE1 need to get their act together.

My wolf. The amount of life changes you have to make to own one are - seriously demanding. But looking back over my years with him - half his expectant life span - I have not regretted a single change to accommodate him. And oh my GOD how we have to accommodate him.... *scuffles in the background while i give him what for-four-fur- where did the phrase what four come from anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Braces. Next is a Swiss-Army type set of Allen keys I have. All the different sizes. It's the biz! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

An electric hot water bottle. I love it. I plug it in while I'm washing my teeth, taking off my make up etc and it's lovely and toasty after ten minutes.

Then if I wake up in the middle of the night cold, I can just plug it in again and away we go. Best €20 ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Some cinema tickets for a girl, years ago. She married me in the end. Best investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Some cinema tickets for a girl, years ago. She married me in the end. Best investment.

Well what was the movie?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

My favourite thing is my ipod - but that was a gift. Apart from that nothing really stands out.
    Many years back I purchased some quality time with an insanely hot Pakistani prostitute - which was money well spent if that counts!:D

Ummm...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dquinnan

€420 flights to NY a few years back after I was made redundant. Was good to clear my head of worries for 10 days at least, and met some amazing folk while I was there. Struggling through college re-skilling at the moment, but thinking back to that trip always makes me smile no matter how impossible some days feel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

c_man wrote: »
    Well what was the movie?!

Feck knows, I was too busy trying to shift her. Probably some rom-com muck..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

The best thing my husband and I have spent money on is insulating our house in 2012, prior to that there was no insulation in the entire house and it was always freezing (the house is old and he inherited it). It is absolutely lovely now :D

I was only saying this to the wife last night, we bought loads of insulation for our attick then went one step further and floored it and compressed it , our house is a 100 times better for it . For example I said to mrs 2 nights ago house was very hot, turn off the heating, heating hasn't been on all day . This was at 7pm . Money well well spent .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Xbox 360. Bought it second hand 5 years ago and I probably use it for 10 hours a week.
    With the OP on the Oakleys. Except I sat on mine. twice.

I was given a nexus 7. I use it so much that it's always dead by the time i go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

My 2 kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭columf

My Bugatti Diva coffee Machine + Iberital MC2 great coffee or maybe my little dot mkII headphone amp get great use from both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

I recently purchased a second hand copy of Simon Sebag Montefiore's book "Jerusalem" for two pounds sterling in a London charity shop.
    Weeks of on and off entertainment and awesome historical facts.
    Per hour of enjoyment it must be the best value ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

My Gibson Les Paul ........ Previously owned by Slash !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A ford Mondeo for 500eu. Drove it for almost 2 years and it never broke down. That thing saved me a small fortune!

My bike, I was drooling over these when they were first released. They were going for €16,500 when first released so I never thought I'd have one. I was in the local bike shop one day in 2009 to get a new pair of gloves and saw it over in the corner for €8,300. Put a deposit on it immediately! Don't think I'll ever sell it, definately the best thing I've ever bought, puts a smile on my face every time I start it up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Amazon Fire TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have a 160GB. Classic iPod. I have it around 5 years now and it has roughly 80gb of music on it. It's used every single day (connected to car stereo) and I take it everywhere I go (when not in the car) It's used only for music, no other crap like pod casts or such rubbish on it and I'd be so upset if I ever lost it or it broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

My Laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

First washing machine back in the early '90's. After years of handwashing it was like a magical machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

My ipad, use it for college (stuff carrying text books around), reading, general research, doing the household finances, etc

Otherwise my plane ticket and passport - departed in 2004 for a six month holiday, found my soulmate and now married in Ireland.

In the future, I hope it's a teleporter - be nice to pop home to see my parents more often

• Registered Users Posts: 29 daukey34

my first guitar for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

I bought a jacket in Penneys a few of years back, one of those military style ones. It was down to 35 from 60 and for some reason scanned at a tenner. Best value for money thing I've ever bought but unfortunately I wandered out of the village without it last year... Still haven't found a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Burkie94 wrote: »
    I bought a jacket in Penneys a few of years back, one of those military style ones. It was down to 35 from 60 and for some reason scanned at a tenner. Best value for money thing I've ever bought but unfortunately I wandered out of the village without it last year... Still haven't found a replacement.

I couldnt think of anything but your post reminded me of pj shorts I got in penneys in 2001 and i still wear them. A pair of penneys pyjama shorts, constantly worn, wouldve been no more than £5, yes even before the euro, has lasted me 13 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

My Tarpon 140 kayak last year. We've travelled a lot of water miles together and it's lost me a lot of weight in the process. And caught a lot of fish too. It's a heavy beast to move about on land but when on the water........as nimble as something very nimble :D Still paying for it and will be for the next few years but I don't care.

Also my 12 string acoustic guitar. Swapped a cheap crappy Argos guitar for it - beautiful clear sound even with my bad playing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Champix pills.

Off the smokes within 10 days of starting the course and don't even miss them now.

No need for vapes, patches nicotine gum or any of that other crap engineered to generate a regular income by getting you hooked on something else.

Giving up smoking has never been easier.

Advertisement