Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishtown won't be ready until "Spring 2015"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Murph_D wrote: »
    It was a public tender process. Would be amazed if fully paid for in advance as this would have to have been stipulated in the tender. Where did you read this?

Heard it from one of the runners that trained there with his club. The deal apparently, it was to be done at a certain time last year, the company started the job, then went back to the north to finish another job, the company then decided the weather wasn't good enough to continue and it be last March before it would be done!!

That's what i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,466 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Private Individuals or not, there is a reasonable amount of time a service has to be provided
    Only if it's stated in the contract. The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act does not apply here. If the contract doesn't have a timeline, or provides enough caveats for the builder to cover themselves, Irishtown won't have a leg to stand on

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Only if it's stated in the contract. The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act does not apply here. If the contract doesn't have a timeline, or provides enough caveats for the builder to cover themselves, Irishtown won't have a leg to stand on

Is there not a reasonable timeframe with contracts even if not written down?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,466 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Is there not a reasonable timeframe with contracts even if not written down?
    There might be, but it would depend entirely on the individual situation's details, and would be very dependent on the details of the contract that were written down. It's extremely unlikely that such a contract would ever be signed tbh, especially for a project of this size. If no timeframes were specified, it's very likely that someone in either DCC or Irishtown management was extremely negligent

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

28064212 wrote: »
    If no timeframes were specified, it's very likely that someone in either DCC or Irishtown management was extremely negligent

Well it would be fascinating to get hold of the tender documents, but they don't seem to be accessible online (you can find a list of documents but can't download them). Anyway I'd imagine the contract was probably full of the kind of get-out-of-jail language you find all over Irish legislation in general: e.g. "as far as is reasonably possible" etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

Why did they not get the same crowd that did santry in 2011/2012???? Mondo,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Photos as of yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

So totally unchanged or untouched since last Sept/Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

There is a Massey Ferguson on the track. :) Awaiting further information. It is a development at least

Said Massey Ferguson

CDmVd7lWIAAcwbP.jpg

• Advertisement

Ooh, there's smoke coming out of it. Even more promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

That could be any make of tractor...

Right, daily updates and photos are to uploaded to this thread. I'll be training on the pitches beside it on Wed so will provide an update then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

PaulieC wrote: »
    That could be any make of tractor...

A culchie can spot a Massey from a mile away

Photos from yesterday evening. Looks exactly the same as it did the last time I saw it 2 weeks ago.

Minus the massey

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Photos from yesterday evening. Looks exactly the same as it did the last time I saw it 2 weeks ago.

I thought it looked like a new layer of tarmac but maybe that was just wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Any Wednesday update this week? Massey still onsite?

aquinn wrote: »
    Any Wednesday update this week? Massey still onsite?

It looked the same when I was down last Wednesday. I'll have a look this evening when I'm down there.

It looked the same when I was down last Wednesday. I'll have a look this evening when I'm down there.

Ran by there yesterday, seem to be a few trucks around and some machinery, so maybe they started.

• Advertisement

Ran by there yesterday, seem to be a few trucks around and some machinery, so maybe they started.

Oh yes, meant to take a picture and post yesterday. They've restarted and laid down the red stuff most of the way round. Coach wasn't down yesterday evening but must ask him on Thursday and get a projected finish date.

There is definitely progression, but I asked the guy at reception abs he said that the official line is the end of August!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Probably closer to spring 2016 by the time it gets done!

Since Chivito is busy on another thread defending the honour of sprinters, here's photographic documentary evidence of progress:

17444593248_c74d884439_c.jpg

17444850320_a8d98168a9_c.jpg

The track is now almost completely covered in what looks like the last layer before the top layer goes on. In the first pic, on the bottom right corner you can still see the black layer, but on the opposite side of the track, it looks like the final surface has started being laid.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Since Chivito is busy on another thread defending the honour of sprinters, here's photographic documentary evidence of progress:

17444593248_c74d884439_c.jpg

17444850320_a8d98168a9_c.jpg

The track is now almost completely covered in what looks like the last layer before the top layer goes on. In the first pic, on the bottom right corner you can still see the black layer, but on the opposite side of the track, it looks like the final surface has started being laid.

Yeh I momentarily got excited when I saw the progress yesterday, but that disappeared once the guy told me the end of August is the expected time frame it will be open. Do they need to have it unused for a month to set or something?

Yeh I momentarily got excited when I saw the progress yesterday, but that disappeared once the guy told me the end of August is the expected time frame it will be open. Do they need to have it unused for a month to set or something?

There are probably a few factors involved in that ETA:
      In the first pic, there is a white substance on the track in the shadowed area ? That looked like an adhesive of some sort and looks like it has not set due to being in shadow. I guess this is what they were talking about when they said they needed to have the weather on their side to get this done and you can see why it was probably impossible to get this done during the winter.
      The remainder of the track has to be laid with its next to last layer.
      Almost the entire track, plus all of the infield areas need to get the final layer
      All areas have to be painted.
      The council are managing the job.

The last point is probably the most germane :rolleyes:

That seems like a lot of recent progress all the same. Hopefully the Aug date is a worst case.

Picture in crusaders facebook group of an inside lane at long last...

A couple of months time we will have a track again :)

Picture in crusaders facebook group of an inside lane at long last...

A couple of months time we will have a track again :)

I hope you are joking with the couple of months. Surely it's only a matter of weeks? Nationals are in 7 weeks. A couple of months is much too late. Season will be over then.

• Advertisement

Quote in thread is two weeks per lane - no idea if that was a p1ss take - but its taken what, 18 months to get this far, so I believe anything now :)

Advertisement