Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

AC/DC came to mind straight away. Could also be The Rolling Stones, they were rumoured to be coming here a while back.

Here's hoping its a good rock band, could just as soon be some pop tosh.

U2 are planning an arena tour for this year, followed by their new album "Songs of Experience" which will be accompanied by a Stadium tour.

Bruce only tours with Aiken, he has a long and very strong relationship with them, can't see that changing any time soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Wasn't there an rte headline recently about Garth wanting to outdo U2 for the worlds biggest tour? Croker was mentioned again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

That's true but Garth Brooks still has a soft spot for Ireland. Some Irish people went to some gigs and held up their Irish flags and Garth Brooks performed his song 'Ireland' and spoke a bit about Croke Park. Croker is allowed three dates after all and the fan base is still here but gone down a little bit but that's no harm. It might be easier to get tickets for the remaining fans.

It won't be Garth. You can almost guarantee it.

It's one of AC/DC, foos, u2, take that or Coldplay you'd imagine!

We preferably one of the first 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Wasn't there an rte headline recently about Garth wanting to outdo U2 for the worlds biggest tour? Croker was mentioned again...

Not him, he's playing a concert, two of them on Friday evening. He'd want to be gone out of Croke Park by mid day again.

Was rubbished by Garths own people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Croke park is different though.. They've to be scary big.. Let's not forget that RHCP with noel Gallagher got nowhere near it..

Think it could be foos and qotsa, was rumoured they'd be doing Wembley.

With u2 not touring Bruce would sell it.. Doubt he'd go MCD though..

I would love to think it could be Foo's and QOTSA. Would be an absolute dream.

But in all reality, Coldplay will shift more tickets in Ireland than Foo's/QOTSA. Coldplay have a much larger reach in terms of the demographic they attract.

I think Foo's will be heading towards Marlay Park or the Aviva next Summer, possibly after a headline slot at Glastonbury. Similar to Arcade Fire's arrangement this summer.

Will be interesting to see what happens with rumoured 2 Slane dates now that a potential 80,000 headliner is being taken to Croke Park. Not many acts can shift that volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Whats buble up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Croke park is different though.. They've to be scary big.. Let's not forget that RHCP with noel Gallagher got nowhere near it..

Think it could be foos and qotsa, was rumoured they'd be doing Wembley.

With u2 not touring Bruce would sell it.. Doubt he'd go MCD though..
    Coldplay are multiples bigger than Foo Fighters and QOTSA.

as for Jay-Z being mentioned, did he even sell out the O2 last time he was here? not a hope it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

hynesie08 wrote:
    Any chance it could be them with Robbie?

Doubt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Foo's playing in the US Friday night so we can rule them out of this discussion!!

• Advertisement

Foo's playing in the US Friday night so we can rule them out of this discussion!!

It's gonna be bloody Coldplay isn't it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Whats buble up to?

Michael Buble? He kicked off his tour in 2013 or 2012, he'd surely have to wrap his tour up soon.

I've been to Bible a few times and love him very much. He doesn't usually announce gigs in person so I doubt it would be him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

There's still a part of me that wishes it will be him.

Enjoy 2015 guys, no point me guessing. There's only one I want to see and its not gonna happen anytime soon. Ireland shat on him.

Whoever it is, i wish they get 10 nights cause those residents gave nothing but threats to tear down as much people as possible.

Are there many artists that like to announce gigs in person at the venue itself that can sell out the croker capacity?

I wonder would it ever be One Direction? They announced some gigs last week for another part of the world but left out the UK and Ireland. I'm not glued in on 1D so I don't know much about them. With last weeks announcement from them, are those gigs part of a new world tour or are they still touring on the same tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Wouldn't be Bruce Springsteen by any chance? He normally comes to Ireland every couple of years and was here in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

I think Take That want to do Arena's next year because there's only 3 of them now and also won't be announcing a tour for a few weeks. Robbie has announcement tomorrow and somebody from his team accidentally posted the announcement on Facebook but he seems to only be doing arenas in cities he's never been to or hasn't been in a while. So I'm disappointed. I also don't see him flying over from LA a few days after his son was born.

Wouldn't be Bruce Springsteen by any chance? He normally comes to Ireland every couple of years and was here in 2013

Bruce is an Aiken act.

I wonder would it ever be One Direction? They announced some gigs last week for another part of the world but left out the UK and Ireland. I'm not glued in on 1D so I don't know much about them. With last weeks announcement from them, are those gigs part of a new world tour or are they still touring on the same tour?

Doubt theyd do croker twice in 2 years..

Are there many artists that like to announce gigs in person at the venue itself that can sell out the croker capacity?

Ac/dc..

Hopes.. But theyre certainly big enough..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Paul McCartney? That would be great.

I think It'll be garth brookes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭SteM

Stop.

They expected trouble from a GB gig?

Mmmm, no they didn't! Anyway back on topic, it'll be ac/dc I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭colmufc

I think It'll be garth brookes though. Load of crap.

won't be garth and won't be bruce they are aiken acts and would never change

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

Would love to see a double headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I think It'll be garth brookes though.

I thought of Paul McCartney, I doubt he'd play a venue that big here tho.
    That's a pretty ridiculous statement, but the R.D.S in 2010 sold very badly!
    It was pretty shocking to see!

RDS - 35,000
    Croke Park - 82,300

Can't see it happening!

Still waiting on a bollox' to put something up about an Oasis reunion :L

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Horrifying thought, It's not gonna be poxy ed sheeran is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

One Direction are about to release a new album and they just announced a rake of EU dates with the UK and Ireland ones to appear shortly.

Would be a bit pathetic if One Direction played there 2 years in a row :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

where did MCD say that there would be an announcement? don't see anything on their fb or twitter pages today...

Advertisement