Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mccy02

I've 1 pitch standing ticker for sale, Sat 20th June, Croke Park, have a match so won't be able to go after all. Face value. Please feel free to PM me if you're interested in buying it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Is o connell schools and clonliffe college carparks open or will there be any shuttle buses

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Sound was shocking at that gig, worst I've ever heard in Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Beta Canis Majoris

For such a huge attendance at this, the quietness of after-chat on boards is astounding. Different demographic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

For such a huge attendance at this, the quietness of after-chat on boards is astounding. Different demographic?

Shocked at the lack of feedback i must say!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Different demographic?

Cos they're a Kids band no ? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Sound was shocking at that gig, worst I've ever heard in Croker.

Was it just bounching off the stands or muffled??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

The entire gig was streamed live online Saturday night.

It's still available to view here; (2 hour set)

http://www.thescriptmusic.com/

Was at the gig with herself. Must say it was a great show. We were sitting in Block 333, three blocks from the stage and the sound was top notch. High quality production also so credit where credit is due, they really pulled out all the stops.

The crowd were really up for it and the atmosphere reflected that. Obviously the weather made a huge difference to the mood in the stadium.

The second stage also worked well and really included the crowd at the Canal End.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,715 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Really enjoyable gig, The Script were great and loved Nerd's part of Pharrell's set

• Advertisement

Found the script concert to be well worth it.

Im not a script fan so i only went as it was a weekend out with my wife who is a fan. Despite not knowing many of their songs i have to say they performed well and thanks to the weather everyone had a great day.

Only dissapointment for me was terrible organisation by Croke park staff. Went to the toilet only to be told id have to walk all the way around instead of allowing to jump back across this invisable border!

Also found the back seats in the tiers could have easily fitted in another 3-4000 people and the ground below could have fitted in more.

Sold out? Maybe. Was the stadium full? No

Couldnt hear so well what was being said, music was clear and loud enough.

Biggest gripe were the fans, even when the script was on i could see people chatting away, jumping over seats to get a beer or chips or doen below ques stretching back !

Hardly anyone came to see the excellent wailers and the stadium was virtually empty for them.

Before the encore thousands started leaving and the row of seats in front of me was virtually empty by the last song !

The light show and fireworks topped of a fantastic show.

Overall great day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

My Experience:
    This was the first time for me to see the Script live and it was smashing! I'd go see them again in a heartbeat, I got there early and managed to watch the Wailer and Pharell too which both put on great performances respectively. It was good to see Pharell do the NERD stuff as it seemed to be all that people knew beyond "happy", I felt like an idiot for not realizing the Wailers were the legendary reggae band! The entire way up I was thinking that it was a warm up band MCD were gonna promote lol.

The set list for The Script was on point they had a great mix of older and the newer stuff which kept the crowd amped throughout the night even if you were not familiar with the new albums. It was great to see Danny running around the arena too, it gave everyone on the pitch a chance to see him up close etc. Moving the stage down the back was a nice touch.

Getting to the Venue:

We got their nice and early and found the entry to Croke Park was flawless and everything was nicely sign posted, staff seemed to be well organized with allowing people to enter the venue and there was no queues, this may have been different later in the day though as the buses arrived.

The Sound:
    I see some people complaining about the sound quality, personally I thought it was pretty good but there were some dodgy points for sure especially when Pharell came on, his vocals could barely be heard at the start of his set but as he progressed throughout his songs it did get better. The Wailers sounded on point to me and the same for the Script although a slight vocal boost would have been nice for Danny's voice on some occasions.

The Pit:
    It was nice to have the separate bar and toilets for the pit area however the one way systems they had in place made no sense half the time, for example if I wanted to use the bathroom instead of just walking out I was forced to walk through the bar area and around to the exact same entrance/exit I'd have been standing beside. They also wouldn't allow me to leave the pit through the usual entrance area when I wanted to meet up with a friend, I was asked instead to walk the entire way around the outside of the arena for a friend who was literally 10 meters away at the pit entrance just to have a chat during the set change over.

The Staff:
    Half of the staff seemed to know what they were doing but the rest seemed to be just answering questions to get you to walk away for example, I asked multiple staff walking out to the bar if alcohol was allowed within the pit area and I was told yes, however leaving the bar I was told no. After having our drinks out at the bar and returning with some water bottles to sip on for the night we were disgusted to see that people had actually been allowed drinks into the pit, but it seems you were only allowed it if you walked in from the pitch side? Make sense of that please..

Also, the staff seemed to just be a little irritated at times, transitioning from the pitch to the pit I was told "You're not allowed in" before they even bothered looking to see if I had a wristband on despite me clearly holding my arm up and pointing at it, once they noticed it they seemed to act like YOU were holding them up in some way though which made no sense.

Leaving the Venue:
    Leaving the venue seemed to have been poorly organized beyond "Leave at the right of the stage" I counted two signs which directed us to the city center but there were MANY times were I needed my phone for sure to know exactly where I was, leaving the venue no one seemed to know if they should go left or right you were just plonked onto the road and prayed you were going the correct way. So yea in my opinion the exit strategy/signage for Croke Park could do with some work for future events.

Overall:

As this was my first adventure to Croke Park I have to say was organized pretty well despite the odd few gripes regarding the sound and staff (some not all), but no venue can be perfect really..

:D:eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭SummerRebel

I though it was a good gig, even though I generally find the Script to be too 'emo' for me. I found it a bit cringe when he kept f'ing as he went on about the balcony tragedy.

Ferrell Williams sucked.

Advertisement