Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options
  • 29-10-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

MCD have announced that a big Croke Park gig will be announced Friday morning

Predictions?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

U2 id say

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

Will this coinside with the Hyde Park gig announcement

U2 id say

Was thinking that but they did say they were going to start with arenas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If tickets go on sale before Christmas, whoever it is... they'll be on a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,075 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope it's someone I like it cud be Rihanna, lady gaga or someother teeny pop act

• Advertisement

JackMcA wrote: »
    Will this coinside with the Hyde Park gig announcement

What Hyde Park announcement?

Wont be Lady Gaga no way she could fill Croker especially since she only did one Irish show on her recent tour plus her recent album didnt do to well.

Could also be Jay Z and Beyonce co-headline tour

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭boosabum

ac/dc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

U2 id say

MCD said U2 were playing 2016 and not 2015 a few months ago

ac/dc would be likely choice, touring next year also

Wont be Lady Gaga no way she could fill Croker especially since she only did one Irish show on her recent tour plus her recent album didnt do to well.

Hyde Park shows announced tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 38,075 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It won't be U2 either as there doing arenas on there next tour, have a feeling it will be jay z

It cud be Robbie Williams,take that or even the script or Coldplay

I dream of acts like acdc, the foo fighters playing.

Hope it's a rock act anyway not a hip hop or pop act

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It won't be U2 either as there doing arenas on there next tour, have a feeling it will be jay z

I dream of acts like acdc, the foo fighters playing.

Hope it's a rock act anyway not a hip hop or pop act

Yea can see The Script doing it , Would be worried about the turn out for the Foo's tbh . They are not as big here as they are in the UK , If they were to do a stadium show i could see the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I hope its U2.
    ****e venue, save the good bands for Slane, Marley Park ect..

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Fleetwood mac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭paulbok

He who must not be named?;)

Doubt its U2 as they are set on an Arena tour. Mind you they'd need nearly 30 nights in the Point to cover the attendance for 3 nights in Croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I was going to guess Bruce Springsteen as he's meant to be touring again 2015. But he's an Aiken act, not MCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Foos or AC/DC.. Has to be..

PTH2009 wrote: »

Jay z or Coldplay, in Croke Park?.. Are you high?! 90,000 peole?.not even.together is that possible..

Would have to beyonce with jay z to get near it..

S Club 7 comeback special

But would love to see AC/DC for a bit of fun for the residents. Liven them up a bit.

Or a Q & A skyping session with Garth Brooks himself. He's playing the states on Friday, so it can't be him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The fact that u2 and mcd both said that it is not them makes me wonder. A 40th anniversary of born to run would be epic.

Eminem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

bennyl10 wrote: »

Jay z or Coldplay, in Croke Park?.. Are you high?! 90,000 peole?.not even.together is that possible..

Would have to beyonce with jay z to get near it..

Coldplay on a Saturday night in the height of Summer would sell extremely well IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭micar

coldplay aka droleplay

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Rumours of it being Take That....all 3 of them....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Rumours of it being Take That....all 3 of them....

Any chance it could be them with Robbie?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

What would the chances be of Garth Brooks jumping from Aiken to MCD, flying into the country tomorrow night to announce some gigs on Friday morning before flying off at around 1pm for his concert in Kentucky Friday night? I know I swore blind after what happened this summer that I would never touch croke park or Dublin ever again but that came from a place of disappointment. I so would buy a ticket or two and sing for all it's worth. I'm fairly fcuked financially too but I'd do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What would the chances be of Garth Brooks jumping from Aiken to MCD, flying into the country tomorrow night to announce some gigs on Friday morning before flying off at around 1pm for his concert in Kentucky Friday night? I know I said after what happened this summer that I would never touch croke park or Dublin ever again but that came from a place of disappointment. I so would buy a ticket or two and sing for all it's worth. I'm fairly fcuked financially too but I'd do it.

No, just fcuking NO!

What would the chances be of Garth Brooks jumping from Aiken to MCD, flying into the country tomorrow night to announce some gigs on Friday morning before flying off at around 1pm for his concert in Kentucky Friday night? I know I said after what happened this summer that I would never touch croke park or Dublin ever again but that came from a place of disappointment. I so would buy a ticket or two and sing for all it's worth. I'm fairly fcuked financially too but I'd do it.
    More chance of it being elvis.

I'd believe this more.

Coldplay on a Saturday night in the height of Summer would sell extremely well IMO.

Croke park is different though.. They've to be scary big.. Let's not forget that RHCP with noel Gallagher got nowhere near it..

Think it could be foos and qotsa, was rumoured they'd be doing Wembley.

With u2 not touring Bruce would sell it.. Doubt he'd go MCD though..

S Club 7 comeback special

But would love to see AC/DC for a bit of fun for the residents. Liven them up a bit..

There'd be next to no trouble at an AC/DC gig.. Residents would be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

That's true but Garth Brooks still has a soft spot for Ireland. Some Irish people went to some gigs and held up their Irish flags and Garth Brooks performed his song 'Ireland' and spoke a bit about Croke Park. Croker is allowed three dates after all and the fan base is still here but gone down a little bit but that's no harm. It might be easier to get tickets for the remaining fans.

Advertisement