Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Catmologen wrote: »
    More propaganda, no way this is sold out.

Not a chance this has sold out, Ticketbastard would have given thousands to their secondary market (Viagogo) where they can sell them for 2/3 times face value, along with the odd few thousand they would have kept behind anyway.
    They'll advertise the crap out of it now as 'The Scripts SOLD OUT Croke Park' show, then a few wks before christmas at least 20,000 tickets will be back on the market.
    Like Caatmologen says, all ticketbastard propoganda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Knew they'd,get kinda close, but that's phenomenal..

Nice to see an Irish band do well!..jaysus people here would begrudge anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Believe me the script did not sell out (80k tickets) in that time frame. Tm would have kept some back to sell saying something along the lines of "limited tickets available , get them quick " but in fact they will release about 15-20 k tickets. So don't worry if any fans haven't got one , they will be plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's no way they've taken them off-sale 3 hours after going on-sale if they still had 20,000 left, especially with Christmas coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Pretty sure a lot of tickets will be put up on ticketmasters partner site GET ME IN.

Where they can also sell them for way over the odds.

PATHETIC!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

there's no way they've taken them off-sale 3 hours after going on-sale if they still had 20,000 left, especially with Christmas coming up.

Exactly this.
    Maybe 1/2k, nowhere near 20when MCD know theyll make a killing over Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pretty sure a lot of tickets will be put up on ticketmasters partner site GET ME IN.

Where they can also sell them for way over the odds.

PATHETIC!!!

well considering only about 20 out of 400,000 for Garth Brooks did, then i doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

There seems to still be seats available - I have just tried several times and was able to get seats each time, albit I'm only trying for one seat. Standing is all gone. What would be better - closer to the front, but on the side (offered section 302, cusack stand) or directly in front but right at the back (offered section 317, davitt stand)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

For certain that this has not sold out and more tickets will be available on Ticketmaster before the gig.

Remember they said Garth Brooks initial gigs had sold out in minutes, yet they were able to sell more for those nights a couple of months later.

It's really not worth paying over the odds and risking getting ripped off. Subscribe to this thread as it will definitely be talked about here when the next batch of tickets are released. It's generally not advertised before they go on sale.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

hawkelady wrote: »
    Believe me the script did not sell out (80k tickets) in that time frame. Tm would have kept some back to sell saying something along the lines of "limited tickets available , get them quick " but in fact they will release about 15-20 k tickets. So don't worry if any fans haven't got one , they will be plentiful.

Even if they didnt sell 80,000 right away , Selling 60,000 in 3 hours is still fairly impressive . Also with the fact they were clever enough not to do any Irish arena shows like they did/are doing in the UK will mean the demand is there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

You won't have any problems getting tickets tomorrow night.

In saying that, you might find it difficult to get some of the better seats (lower tiers or premium near the stage) after the initial rush in the morning but you'll be able to get standing tickets and upper tier seats.

Walloped the nail on the head mate...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Well it's def not sold out - I just got a ticket in the Cusack stand in section 303

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Many family / friends of script fans may pay over the odds to get their loved ones tickets for Christmas.

****ing eejits if they do

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭colmufc

No way it's a sell out I'd say 10,000 tickets held back until stage design is set and approved , 5,000-7,000 of those standing 3,000-5,000 seated at the side parts of the stand if they don't sell the seated a netting will be put in place and it will just be said that the seats were never on sale as the view would be bad and fair play in shifting what they did

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭munsterrugby09

Looking for two tickets for The Script pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭munsterrugby09

Still looking for tickets. Preferably standing. PM me

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

U2 2015 Tour announcement today at 2pm, looking like all indoors this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Pharrell still the only support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Pharrell still the only support act?

For the Script?
    I heard the Wailers mentioned on the radio ads this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

UsedToWait wrote: »
    For the Script?
    I heard the Wailers mentioned on the radio ads this week..

Both are actually.

MCD Website:
    The Script w/ special guests Pharrell Williams & The Wailers
    Live at Croke Park on June 20th

Anyone know if there will be a pit for this? if so what;s the jazz with getting a wrist band?

:)

• Advertisement

Anyone know roughly the time the script concert will finish on Sat night?

Also whats the story with car parking, should I book or will there be plenty of places around the city?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Also whats the story with car parking, should I book or will there be plenty of places around the city?

Thanks

FYI

Fleetwood Mac playing the 3Arena also Saturday so city centre car parks will be busy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Producer Ben

Thanks

I'd also like to know this, also what time is it all due to start, what time we should be there for?

Doors at 5:30! Ahh getting excited now! :) Anyone know if there will be a pit?
    yFk1kbw.jpg

>>> PDF LINK <<<

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would say The Script will come on around 8.45/9 and finish around 10.45/11

Whats the story with cameras? Are they funny at croke, or is it better to leave the camera at home and just use a mobile? Have a nice digital camera but not sure if they are likely to consider it a Professional camera. :rolleyes:

thanks

Whats the story with cameras? Are they funny at croke, or is it better to leave the camera at home and just use a mobile? Have a nice digital camera but not sure if they are likely to consider it a Professional camera. :rolleyes:

thanks

It says: "NO CAMERAS WITH MORE THAN 1’’ LENS" on the above image.

I think the rule also kicks in if the camera has a detachable lens then you're meant to leave it at home, I'll be bringing a standard digital camera myself. Speaking of cameras, I had one guy try to use my shoulder as a tripod once becuase the lens he snuck in was so ****ing huge, needless to say he didn't use my shoulder again when I started jumping lol :D:rolleyes::eek:

Also I just seen that MCD updated their website with an easier to read PDF of the above image:
    >> LINK <<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

thanks

It's better to leave the camera at home, and the mobile in your pocket and enjoy being in the moment yourself rather than watching it through a tiny screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JamieDuggan967

Never been to a gig in croker

Just looking for a bit of help.

If we're looking to get close to the front, how early should we be there? I know there's no qeueing before 5.30 but how does that work, if we turn up at 5.30 will the place be packed?

Also, is there anywhere fairly close to park?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 barca_123

Assume you can bring drink bought in there back into the stands? I know you can't at the GAA games.

Cheers,

Advertisement