Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happens if you die poor.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

gozunda wrote: »
    This government abolished the grant towards funeral expenses (bereavement) which was means tested afaik.

Those who die completely without means or family are buried in communal plots with costs covered by local authorities. Personally I want to be composted ...

Edit: DSP and LA
    Burial where the deceased has no means.
    If someone dies without the means to pay for burial and if this person has no traceable next of kin, it is the responsibility of the Department of Social Protection or local authority to ensure that the person is buried in a dignified manner that does not impinge on public health or public decency. The Department or local authority will also be liable for the charges and costs involved in doing so.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/death/after_a_death/burials.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

Man I'm screwed so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Did you read the comment I was quoting when I said that ?
    I did...its AH and I'm tired..goodnight .too late for thinking outside the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Those who die poor, are just as dead as the rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Those who die poor, are just as dead as the rich.

I think you'll find the Pharaohs built the pyramids after they were dead. They had a team of people working for them and they were the CEO.

There's no way a dead poor person could achieve as much as a dead rich person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭worded

How much does an good burial cost inc casket or crematorium ? I'm considering cancelling a life assurance policy but might keep it to save my relatives the €

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Nothing. You're as dead as a dead rich man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You still go to heaven but you have to work in the public sector until the debt is paid off. Heaven needs plenty of admin staff especially around Xmas. Somebody has to fill out the naughty or nice forms after santa sacked all his elves and subcontracted the work to heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭bradlente

gozunda wrote: »
    This government abolished the grant towards funeral expenses (bereavement) which was means tested afaik.

The test involved poking the said "corpse" with a stick to make sure they weren't just some scrounger trying to get underground on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I paid the government €50m last year to end that grant and throw all the bodies into a pit so I can raise them all as my demon zombie army on new years eve 2024, I figure 10+ years of corpses should be enough for an army of the damned, so remember if you die on the cheap you will still serve a purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So I've been thinking a lot about this lately as someone that has no savings or assetts of any kind what would happen if I died in the morning. ? I have a two year old and a partner in college who would not be able to pay for my funeral either. Is there a mass grave somewhere that I will be thrown into or what ?. I know it's morbib but I'd like to know if anyone could shed any light on this subject for me. Thanks

Fluck me that's a depressingly morbid thought.

When you're dead it won't matter. Nothing will. Not to you anyway. Do you have any health insurance what so ever? You might think of taking some out if you have dependants. I imagine you are in your early/mid 20's. If so, it might not be too expensive. I'd suggest talking to your bank, but then again, that's a business that will guilt you into purchasing everything. Maybe give Aviva or VHI a call?

I paid the government €50m last year to end that grant and throw all the bodies into a pit so I can raise them all as my demon zombie army on new years eve 2024, I figure 10+ years of corpses should be enough for an army of the damned, so remember if you die on the cheap you will still serve a purpose.

They'll all be feckless waster zombies though so you'll get ****all done with them,probably just sit on the couch all day eating your hard earned soylent green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pedro1234

You'll end up in a Big Mac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 MissKittenfire

So I've been thinking a lot about this lately as someone that has no savings or assetts of any kind what would happen if I died in the morning. ? I have a two year old and a partner in college who would not be able to pay for my funeral either. Is there a mass grave somewhere that I will be thrown into or what ?. I know it's morbib but I'd like to know if anyone could shed any light on this subject for me. Thanks

The rich eat your flesh of course.Assholes.

pedro1234 wrote: »
    You'll end up in a Big Mac.

I knew it! I wouldn't mind if they fed me to hungry children or animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

for each man kills the thing he loves but each man does not die

for each man kills the thing he loves but each man does not die
    What ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

What ?

i was quoting cool hand luke

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

There is no hitch on a herse.

God boards.ie is depressing these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There is no hitch on a herse.

uh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

kneemos wrote: »
    uh.

Ur average irish hearse there for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I want to be shot out of a cannon in the middle of a Metallica concert, dressed as batman while holding a baguette..

brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

just keep entering cremation competitions like this wise lady. look at how happy she looks:

http://i.imgur.com/XPK6I2W.jpg

just keep entering cremation competitions like this wise lady. look at how happy she looks:

http://i.imgur.com/XPK6I2W.jpg

That's just burning money.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Links234 wrote: »
    I was thinking of donating my body to science... but then I thought, science gets all the cool ****, why not donate my body to maths?
    Most people already have 10 fingers and 10 toes for counting. Why not donate to Home Economics?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

The solution is simple OP, if you can't afford to die then don't, it ****ing sickens me now a days how Irish people constantly complain about not being able to afford the non essentials, "Boo hoo hoo smokes are too expensive" well then quit, "Boo hoo hoo pints cost too much" well then drink at home, "Boo hoo hoo I can't afford to die" well then stop having aneurysms...simple as.

Advertisement