Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider in the room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I tried to attack it with the sweeping brush but it ran off. I don't know where.

After reading all these things about spiders and babies, the only thing I can think of is the final doom spider.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Oh look at me with my fancy room with corners in it.

Some of us can only afford circular rooms OP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I tried to attack it with the sweeping brush but it ran off. I don't know where.
    Nearby. Watching. Waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you sure it's a fullgrown spider? It could be the baby for the mother spider hiding under the ring on the toilet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

aww quit yer moaning it could be worse:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

antodeco wrote: »
    Oh look at me with my fancy room with corners in it.

Some of us can only afford circular rooms OP

There's a few spiders in my tent on the roundabout. I'm happy with the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I'd be careful OP. I just remembered about the several people here in Ireland recently who were bitten by a False Widow spider. Very, very nasty indeed.
    Did you make sure its not a false widow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Offer it some tea and a chocolate kimberley

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Smidge wrote: »
    I'd be careful OP. I just remembered about the several people here in Ireland recently who were bitten by a False Widow spider. Very, very nasty indeed.
    Did you make sure its not a false widow?

Or the dreaded False False Widow which is, eh, the Widow!

Birneybau wrote: »
    Or the dreaded False False Widow which is, eh, the Widow!

Who would have thought spiders could be so sneaky?

• Advertisement

I'll stick up some double sided sticky tape around the room and hope he sticks to it if he comes out.

The cat is also home, he might also eat, I'll keep him in the room tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Spiders set up their homes and move on after a while leaving their mess behind. People tend to dislike them. Hmmmm.

Comparisons. Comparisons.

I don't know what it looks like, it was a sneaky fast fcuker.

I'll stick up some double sided sticky tape around the room and hope he sticks to it if he comes out.

The cat is also home, he might also eat, I'll keep him in the room tonight.

That's a bit cruel tbf.
    Hoping the spider will eat the cat instead of you?
    And you call yourself an animal lover :eek:

Smidge wrote: »
    That's a bit cruel tbf.
    Hoping the spider will eat the cat instead of you?
    And you call yourself an animal lover :eek:

No no, the cat might eat it. I've seen him eat small ones before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Charge it rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Just remember next time you get undressed there will be 8 eyes on you. My mates and I think you're hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bluewolf wrote: »
    Ignore it and it'll go away

Ya see this is just bad advice. Spiders don't go away, they never go away, they always take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I once woke up by the feeling of a spider walking on my face, it was terrifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

Would a goat help?

• Advertisement

Lalealea wrote: »
    Would a goat help?

Have you got a goat I can borrow?

I've got a spider in the bedroom. I can't reach it as its in the corner, in the ceiling, over the wardrobe.

I've got the window open hoping it will crawl out sometime. Or the cat might come in and eat it if it was to come near me.

Its a massive spider. What do I do.

There is a user on Boards who said - though I can not find the post now that I am looking for it - that if you work out the number of spider species in the average house - work out the number of each of those species that live in the average house - divide this by the number of rooms in the average house - then divide this by the number of directions a spider could _generally_ be looking in then -

- at any given time - without your knowledge - there is probably 3 or 4 spiders looking directly at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

- at any given time - without your knowledge - there is probably 3 or 4 spiders looking directly at you.

I actually just looked around the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

That must be interesting for them...yawn said the spider.
    I can't understand people in Ireland being afraid of spiders in Ireland though.
    I mean, why would you want to kill it?
    Inform yourselves people, spiders are our friends!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

I've got a spider in the bedroom. I can't reach it as its in the corner, in the ceiling, over the wardrobe.

I've got the window open hoping it will crawl out sometime. Or the cat might come in and eat it if it was to come near me.

Unless there's an adequate food supply in your house, i.e. flies and other insects then chances are he will die of starvation pretty soon, or else he'll fuck off where there are richer pickings.

Lots of people freak out when they see a wood-louse in the house. But these little beasties don't last farting time indoors. It's too warm and too dry and they're dead in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Alun wrote: »
    Grow up.

I take it your not afraid of anything there Alun! If that is your real name :-)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

You should keep him. I always have 3 or 4 around the bedroom. They catch and eat the little ****ers that fly on my laptop screen at night and I don't kill them. Its a mutually beneficial arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I take it your not afraid of anything there Alun! If that is your real name :-)!
    I'm not and it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Alun wrote: »
    I'm not and it is.

Good boy!

Taught all the spiders had fecked off? Well big ones anyway ain't seen any in last few weeks.

Advertisement