Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider in the room

Options
  • 27-10-2014 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I've got a spider in the bedroom. I can't reach it as its in the corner, in the ceiling, over the wardrobe.

I've got the window open hoping it will crawl out sometime. Or the cat might come in and eat it if it was to come near me.

Its a massive spider. What do I do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,530 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You eat it, fcuk the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Sleep with your mouth shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Set fire to the whole room.

Just that room though. You don't want any unnecessary damage done to other parts of the house over a silly spider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Spray him with hairspray so his legs stick together then squash him!

If that fails Burn him with Fire!
    Actually burn your whole house down, he may have friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Blay wrote: »

Eh, no thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ignore it and it'll go away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I've got a spider in the bedroom. I can't reach it as its in the corner, in the ceiling, over the wardrobe.

I've got the window open hoping it will crawl out sometime. Or the cat might come in and eat it if it was to come near me.

Its a massive spider. What do I do.

Keep your mouth closed when sleeping!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Blay wrote: »

Just for a minute there, I was disappointed you didn't say 'Shoot it!' :p

Set fire to the whole room.

Just that room though. You don't want any unnecessary damage done to other parts of the house over a silly spider.

I think we know who the logical thinker is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Have you tried looking on the web, OP?

• Advertisement

Eh, no thanks

Turning down free food..lucky you, there are people in Africa that would eat the wall he was on too for the want of food :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

In low places?

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

If she's in the corner, near the ceiling, that's a sure sign its a female and is likely giving birth to her babies. Probably thousands of them.

Sweet dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

Leave the poor spider alone: he'll hunt errant moths&flies while you sleep! Spiders are our 8legged friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

I've got the window open hoping it will crawl out sometime.
    Because nothing ever crawls in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Leave it alone. It won't harm you and it will keep the smaller stuff at bay.
    Or panic.
    Whichever.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Sleep with your mouth shut.
    This actually quite interesting. In a 1993 PC Professional article, columnist Lisa Holst wrote about the ubiquitous lists of "facts" that were circulating via e-mail and how readily they were accepted as truthful by gullible recipients. To demonstrate her point, Holst offered her own made-up list of equally ridiculous "facts," among which was the statistic about the average person's swallowing eight spiders per year, which she took from a collection of common misbeliefs printed in a 1954 book on insect folklore. In a delicious irony, Holst's propagation of this false "fact" has spurred it into becoming one of the most widely-circulated bits of misinformation to be found on the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Leave the poor spider alone: he'll hunt errant moths&flies while you sleep! Spiders are our 8legged friends :)

I'd prefer 4 2-legged friends tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

If you've got a hoover with a long nozzle hoover his ass.

ALiasEX wrote: »
    Because nothing ever crawls in.

+1

He'll invite his mates in if you do that OP:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Have you tried looking on the web, OP?

You could do with a ba-dum-tish to go with that :D

• Advertisement

Spiders have very sensitive hearing. They can hear you moving etc. when you're awake in bed. Once you're asleep they can tell because the lack of movement and noise. Then you're at your most vulnerable state. That spider and all his friends can do what they want to you. Crawl all over your face and in your mouth and nostrils. They'll be all over you.

Once you wake up, they scatter, but they'll still be nearby. Watching. Waiting.

Good night!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

Suck it up with a hover

Spiders have very sensitive hearing. They can hear you moving etc. when you're awake in bed. Once you're asleep they can tell because the lack of movement and noise. Then you're at your most vulnerable state. That spider and all his friends can do what they want to you. Crawl all over your face and in your mouth and nostrils. They'll be all over you.

Once you wake up, they scatter, but they'll still be nearby. Watching. Waiting.

Good night!

That's also when they wait to have their babies.
    Hundreds of them.
    While you are asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

If you've got a hoover with a long nozzle hoover his ass.
    There are times when I come home from work and am informed there's a spider in the hoover and i've to empty the hoover into the wheelie bin. When I get to the hoover there's usually tissue wedged into the nozzle so he can't 'escape'!:pac:

Smidge wrote: »
    That's also when they wait to have their babies.
    Hundreds of them.
    While you are asleep

In the warmth of your pillow case.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

It's trespassing. Call the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Spiders are very social creatures. Know the way you see a spider and think you see it again and again? Nope, they're different spiders. Typically you'll have a nest of anywhere between 6-12 spiders in a spider 'clan'.

During the winter they move indoors, this is when they're at their most dangerous as their bites become more poisonous and the spiders themselves become more irritable. They also hunt in packs when indoors. Little known fact; spiders are one of the very few insects that remember people, and they hold grudges.

In the warmth of your pillow case.

Naturally, thats where the best nesting is done. The heat of your head acts as an incubator for their multitude of hairy legged offspring. And those white little crusty bits that you think are biccie crumbs in the bed?
    Nope...egg casings.
    Thousands of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Lighter and a can of Lynx, bye bye spider.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Hoover the bitch.

Advertisement