Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Inbox App (Discussion Only, No Invites)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

How long does it take for invite to arrive once someone invites you, I take it that it arrives by email?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Invincible wrote: »
    How long does it take for invite to arrive once someone invites you, I take it that it arrives by email?

Instantly, and yes through email.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

Instantly, and yes through email.

Thanks, realise I left out an o in email address now.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Quick Q Lads........Can I undo Google Inbox if I dont like it? Also has anyone done this & returned back to their Gmail/email okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Quick Q Lads........Can I undo Google Inbox if I dont like it? Also has anyone done this & returned back to their Gmail/email okay?

Just uninstall it and install the gmail app. It's a separate app, so you're not going to lose any info if you log out of it and uninstall. When you log back in to the gmail app, all your stuff will still be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Your emails are still accessible through the Gmail app or log in. I logged in on the laptop and got asked if I wanted to switch to the newer look. Afaik it said you could go back.
    Worst case is uninstall the app from your device and use the Gmail one .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i got my invite and installed it.

I just dont understand what its all about. I have to admit, my life or email account was never so hectic that i needed a specific app to organise it.

They've created a solution for a problem that doesnt exist. Its just rather pointless isnt it :rolleyes:

I just dont understand what its all about. I have to admit, my life or email account was never so hectic that i needed a specific app to organise it.

They've created a solution for a problem that doesnt exist. Its just rather pointless isnt it :rolleyes:

I'm not impressed with the app either. Installed it once and never used it since, except for checking to see if I had any invites available.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's like much of what's being introduced not only on Android but on PC platforms too, where the basic premise is that everyone has vast amounts of data distributed all over the place, in no specific order, with no specific naming convention and all in one big flat storage space with no folders / directories / whatever, and that you need to have an app to make sense of it all.

Someone like my wife, for example, who has several thousand mails in her inbox, only a handful of folders, most of which are either empty or have stuff in them that is either a waste of space or not relevant to the folder name, rarely deletes anything, and even when she does never empties her trash folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I have it on there for nearly 2 weeks, and I really like it. It has made me re-think how I organise my emails (I used to keep almost everything in the inbox even though I had a couple of folders). It has made me clean up the inbox, so now it only has a handful of very current mails, and tbh I needed to do that...so this app has helped me do a spring clean if nothing else. I like that it bunches mails into "bundles" and that you can delete these bundles as a group instead of having to individually select mails to delete.

Another thing I like about it is if I set a reminder in Google Now, it appears as an item in my Inbox, which is a nice way to remember things.

I still have the Gmail app on my phone too, for the simple reason that you can't empty the trash folder in the Inbox app, so I occasionally go into the Gmail app to do that. Not sure why you can't empty the trash in Inbox, but I guess as it's still in beta this is something they might incorporate later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

So I've got the Inbox app and the new Gmail app (which allows me to add in my Hotmail account)

I prefer Inbox's look (especially on the web) but in practical terms the multiple accounts feature of the new Gmail app is much more practical.

Do people think they'll roll out the multiple accounts feature to the Inbox app (or is it already there and I'm a dumbass)?

steve_r wrote: »
    So I've got the Inbox app and the new Gmail app (which allows me to add in my Hotmail account)

I prefer Inbox's look (especially on the web) but in practical terms the multiple accounts feature of the new Gmail app is much more practical.

Do people think they'll roll out the multiple accounts feature to the Inbox app (or is it already there and I'm a dumbass)?

It's in the inbox app as well. In the exact same place as the gmail app.

It's in the inbox app as well. In the exact same place as the gmail app.

Yeah I've tried that but it won't let me add the hotmail account to the Inbox app

steve_r wrote: »
    Yeah I've tried that but it won't let me add the hotmail account to the Inbox app

Oh yea, just checked both apps there inbox will only let you add gmail accounts.

Oh yea, just checked both apps there inbox will only let you add gmail accounts.

Hope they add it soon. I'd like to get rid of my Hotmail app, and I know others with Yahoo apps and the likes that are flakey. The real attraction of the new Gmail app was that I could stop using the Outlook app so hopefully in the future we'll have the option of doing everything through the inbox app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/3/7328567/googles-inbox-team-promises-cross-browser-support-in-reddit-ama

Article on what the reddit AMA with the google team working on inbox revealed.

I un-installed this some time ago. Did not like it. Prefer Gmail. I hope in the future they don't merged both apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭corkie

You can now use https://inbox.google.com on Ipad, Safari and Firefox!

See this verge post, if your still looking for an invite.

Advertisement