Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Inbox App (Discussion Only, No Invites)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Is anyone else still having an issue around notifications.

New mails are not activating push notifications. I will receive the notification from gmail as j stool have those setup, but any test I do wing registrar on Inbox. The mail is in the inbox when I open the app.

Any idea what in doing wrong?

If I get an email from a person I get a notification as normal, but if I get an update or whatever from Dropbox, say, I don't see it until I open the app...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

BadPanda wrote: »
    If I get an email from a person I get a notification as normal, but if I get an update or whatever from Dropbox, say, I don't see it until I open the app...

I don't have notifications turned on for social,update, travel etc tabs so I don't want notification for those mails, but there is no notifications coming through at all. I have been sending test mails from a second email address but am not getting anything pushed to the phone

I like the app , but it's obviously pointless if I'm not getting mail!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's a beta. Wait for the next update.

Mr E wrote: »
    It's a beta. Wait for the next update.

I know it's beta, but is everyone else having the same issue?

You would expect kinks in a beta version but surely push notifications is a fairly basic function not to have in an email app?

Yes, same issue. Not a dealbreaker for me, but if it's widespread, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

• Advertisement

Yes, same issue. Not a dealbreaker for me, but if it's widespread, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

OK, thought it was just me.

Good to know it's a known issue, hopefully a fix put in soon.

Thanks

Hmmm... Actually, I think it is working. If you dig into the settings, you need to turn on notifications on a bundle by bundle basis.

It makes sense when you think about it. I don't want to get notifications for shopping emails or social emails, for example. I do want to get forum updates (boards subscribed threads) and I am now getting push notifications on those (now that I have enabled them explicitly).

Hmmm... Actually, I think it is working. If you dig into the settings, you need to turn on notifications on a bundle by bundle basis.

It makes sense when you think about it. I don't want to get notifications for shopping emails or social emails, for example. I do want to get forum updates (boards subscribed threads) and I am now getting push notifications on those (now that I have enabled them explicitly).

I have ticked notifications on for all new messages (messages from individual people) and have only setup notifications for travel and purchases labels as social and update mails I can get to at any time.

But no new messages are getting pushed to the phone, which I presume should be once 'new message' is selected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

What gmail filters have you, after getting into this app I really need to undo all my filters and set up similar again with inbox

I have ticked notifications on for all new messages (messages from individual people) and have only setup notifications for travel and purchases labels as social and update mails I can get to at any time.

But no new messages are getting pushed to the phone, which I presume should be once 'new message' is selected

I have everything filtered into oblivion - all emails I receive are filtered in some way (even personal email from friends is filtered as 'Personal'). I may not be the best person to ask about unfiltered email notifications. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 sheep2bull

Anyone got any invites left?? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

sheep2bull wrote: »
    Anyone got any invites left?? Thanks

Wrong thread, this is the discussion thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

After getting my hands on a invite,I have to say I'm not overly mad about its layout. Think I may be going back to the Gmail app if it doesn't grow on me. Haven't got any invites to share yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Does this work with Google apps accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

harney wrote: »
    Does this work with Google apps accounts?

No. Gmail only for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Swapped to using the web version today. Not a huge fan of it, there's alot of wasted space on the page (similar to gmail unless you use it in compact mode)

Still getting the hang of the mobile client, but I haven't really found any wow that's a nice feature things yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

matrim wrote: »
    Swapped to using the web version today. Not a huge fan of it, there's alot of wasted space on the page (similar to gmail unless you use it in compact mode)

Still getting the hang of the mobile client, but I haven't really found any wow that's a nice feature things yet

Only using a couple of minutes myself, but i snoozed the email with summary video in it for later this evening when i get home, thats a good feature when your saying must look at that email later and are very forgetful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Using it for about a week now and I realise it’s only a beta but below are some thoughts
    Some things that I like…..
    Snooze – allowing me to snooze a mail until I get home or in to work is really good.
    Swipe as Done – marking things as done is good and helps me not having to go through every email.
    Lack of Adverts on the page – how long that will last I don't know

Some things is dislike…..
    Not allowing me to ‘Mark as Read’
    No link to Google Drive – hence cannot upload or download files to and from Drive
    Nowhere to set up signatures (I have multiple accounts and need a different signature for each)
    No link to contacts – can’t save a contact from the Inbox
    No link to calendar

Still not going to give up the original Gmail on the PC and the new Gmail on the Android phone is great so I may even start to use that again also

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm sorry I accepted the invite considering loads are still waiting, as I have the app and I am not a fan of it, so not using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I got the email yesterday from google with an invite to d/l the app, but haven't dl'd it yet.

Should I bother with this new thing, seeing as gmail 5.0 is on the horizon? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I'd say download it and give it a go.

I like it, but I still have the Gmail app (I got the version 5.0 apk off the net). Reason being, you can't delete all items in trash using the Inbox app. So I still go back to the Gmail app at least once every couple of days. Also, I find that sometimes the notifications don't push (and yes, I've gone through all the settings for the bundles), so it's not as reliable as the Gmail app if you're absolutely stuck on getting a notifications for every single email. But it's in beta AFAIK, so I expect this will get sorted.

The new version of Gmail looks really really good, and visually it's up there with Inbox.

The snooze function of Inbox makes it worthwhile for me, and if it gets an update to cover bulk delete from the trash folder, I'd say it will become my only email app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks Wayne, I'll give it a go then and see what I make of it.

Nothing to lose and all that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Can only add Gmail accounts so it's back to Gmail 5.0 for me so I can have both my Gmail and Outlook accounts in the one app

Edit: I've been messing about with the desktop version this morning and I have to say it's class.
    Might just end up keeping the mobile version and using Boxer for my Outlook mail. I was doing this until a few days ago anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Can anyone tell me how I can move emails I have stored in an "Online Purchases" folder/label to the "Purchases" label which comes bundled with Inbox?

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Is anyone else having issues with notifications on IOS? I get no notification of any sort despite having it set up to use them.

BenEadir wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how I can move emails I have stored in an "Online Purchases" folder/label to the "Purchases" label which comes bundled with Inbox?

it can be done with 2 clicks on the PC app but I am not sure if you have tried that or if you are trying on the phone version

On the PC just hover over the email and on the right you see three dots click that and it gives you options to do stuff like move to other folders etc

On the PC just hover over the email and on the right you see three dots click that and it gives you options to do stuff like move to other folders etc

Thanks BR, I should have clarified that I'm talking about bulk moving. I have say 500 emails in an existing folder/label I'd like to move into one of the bundled folders. Can I do that in one go or do I need to move each email individually? (That won't be happening!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Probably the wrong place to say the following but......

On desktop version you can't pick a distribution list to send a mail to. Email addresses have to be added individually.

Can't paste a screenshot into a mail either like can be done in Gmail

BenEadir wrote: »
    Thanks BR, I should have clarified that I'm talking about bulk moving. I have say 500 emails in an existing folder/label I'd like to move into one of the bundled folders. Can I do that in one go or do I need to move each email individually? (That won't be happening!!!)

Yes it can be done.
    You need to go in to the folder and tick each mail you want to move. Then up the top of the window you have all the typical actions like Pin, Snooze, Move etc. I don't think there is a select all so you will have to tick each email and then do the bulk move but you wont have to open each email

• Advertisement

Yes it can be done.
    You need to go in to the folder and tick each mail you want to move. Then up the top of the window you have all the typical actions like Pin, Snooze, Move etc. I don't think there is a select all so you will have to tick each email and then do the bulk move but you wont have to open each email

Thanks BionicRasher.

Advertisement