Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for the best Kodi/XBMC addons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Some models come with a Wifi repeater, but as will all repeaters, performance is compromised but perfect for general web browsing, etc. There lots of different models available, in different speeds, some with 2 or 3 ports, some with Wifi, etc.

The Argos price is the cheapest I've seen them so far for a twin pack (non-Wifi) and they are rated 500M (as opposed to 200Mbps on the Eircom ones)

I wondered about the eir ones .... if they are 200 or 300 ..... so thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭corks finest

MarkR wrote: »
    Perhaps you could tell us what each of those does? I use xbmc, but not with anything extra.

IPTV gone?,at least for me

You be crazy to pay anything like that for an andorid box

Not really,came fully loaded, etc,and for a Luddite like me best e100 I spent in years, all the top add ons etc there ,no messing about ref you tube tutorials etc

degsie wrote: »
    Anybody try SpinzTV custom build? Some good stuff in there.

I am very impressed with this build ....... yes I choose to disable a lot of the 'bling' but it is still very nice.

Thanks for the 'head's up' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

d31b0y wrote: »
    https://www.eir.ie/accessories/homeplugs/
    Just buy them off Eircom. You don't need to be a customer as far as I know.
    €29.99 on Eircom site. Same set is £39.99 on Amazon.

So basically I can then just connect my Streaming Box directly to the 'homeplug' using an ethernet cable, and it's the same as a wired connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

gilly2308 wrote: »
    So basically I can then just connect my Streaming Box directly to the 'homeplug' using an ethernet cable, and it's the same as a wired connection?

ah kinna. its as good as you can get other than plugging it in directly via ethernet. sending a data signal over electrical cable can cause data loss so homeplugs can be a little problematic but apparently they do work well compared to a wireless signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

podge018 wrote: »
    can anybody recommend somewhere to buy a kodi box that I would have before christmas please.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Haehne-RK3188-Android-1-8GHz-Bluetooth/dp/B00VQ53N8E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1448381070&sr=8-4&keywords=haehne

Ignore the Android 4.2 in the specs,it's 4.4.2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

Just to point out to people that if you want a box which is future proofed for a couple of years, get a box that can handle 1080p x265/HEVC. The cheap ones wont but for those who dont mind spending more, it is a wise investment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

branners69 wrote: »
    Just to point out to people that if you want a box which is future proofed for a couple of years, get a box that can handle 1080p x265/HEVC. The cheap ones wont but for those who dont mind spending more, it is a wise investment!

Agreed. You can pick up cheap boxes like that one no problem but remember that they are cheap for a reason. They are either rubbish, knock offs/clones or out of date and you can have compatibility issues with them. Far better spending a few extra quid and future proofing like branners69 said. Loads of reputable sellers on Adverts and Donedeal, just check their feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Say well clear of done deal and adverts. Cowboys on it. Selling for way over there worth, buy one and do it yourself.

I do agree about spending a little extra and getting a decent box, a pi2 though does seem to be pretty decent for any user.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Saw a tweet, IPTV stalker doing a black friday deal of $65 for a year (about 1000 channels). Not sure what will be all those channels but a video, usual suspected channels are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Worth keeping an eye on Amazon this Friday for Fire TV/stick deals,Kodi runs perfectly on both devices, requires a bit of setting up initially, easy to do though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

RossieMan wrote: »
    Say well clear of done deal and adverts. Cowboys on it. Selling for way over there worth, buy one and do it yourself.

I do agree about spending a little extra and getting a decent box, a pi2 though does seem to be pretty decent for any user.

There are some cowboys on Boards alright, but there are some very reputable sellers on there as well. I've bought a number of boxes from one seller for the same price as I'd have bought it from the likes of Amazon and my friends have bought different boxes from a different seller, again at a competitive price. If you do your research and know what a good price is, you'll be fine. That and read the seller reviews and feedback.
    coldfire1x wrote: »
    Saw a tweet, IPTV stalker doing a black friday deal of $65 for a year (about 1000 channels). Not sure what will be all those channels but a video, usual suspected channels are included.

I would strongly advise people to stay away from IPTV Stalker and especially from paying them any sort of a fee. They got a very bad reputation for both being unreliable (in terms of streams being down and taking money off people) and for "borrowing" streams from other add ons without permission - which caused nothing but problems for users all around with overloaded servers crashing and constant buffering. From my own experience, I tried it once and quickly uninstalled it as I found it full of the same SD streams that are widely available for free elsewhere. There are loads of IPTV sellers on the likes of FB (and the web in general) who seem to have happy customers and you can pick up a far better channel selection with HD streams for around £50 for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

NATLOR wrote: »
    Worth keeping an eye on Amazon this Friday for Fire TV/stick deals,Kodi runs perfectly on both devices, requires a bit of setting up initially, easy to do though

think that's what I'm gonna do, thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Agree with people who said avoid the cheep boxes. Had several boxes and all had their problems, most boxes weren't cheap either. Got an Intel NUC i3 2 months ago and haven't looked back, it's a beast. Plays everything and has none of the kodi/Android problems. Box was expensive enough but future proofed. Would never go back to an Android box after using it.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Agree with people who said avoid the cheep boxes. Had several boxes and all had their problems, most boxes weren't cheap either. Got an Intel NUC i3 2 months ago and haven't looked back, it's a beast. Plays everything and has none of the kodi/Android problems. Box was expensive enough but future proofed. Would never go back to an Android box after using it.

+1

.... and depending on what you intend to use it for one of the cheaper NUCs with Celeron/Pentium would likely suffice.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/products-overview.html

Another option would be Gigabyte Brix

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/list.aspx?s=47&ck=104

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anyone found a reliable source for Irish channels? Can often find TV3 and TG4 no problem. No such luck with both Irish TV add ins for Irish channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

To be honest I have three Fire TV's and they're perfect! Only minor complaint is that I sometimes hit the remote inadvertently and it stops a live stream! Not a bad complaint really!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Have used a rk3188 & minix x8-h in the past without issue but agree I think kodi runs better on pc. Currently use an nuc with a Celeron & 8gb ram and only problems are generally from the addons

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone found a reliable source for Irish channels? Can often find TV3 and TG4 no problem. No such luck with both Irish TV add ins for Irish channels.

Both RTEs are working fine on the Zeus add-on atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭padair

bodonnell wrote: »
    Have used a rk3188 & minix x8-h in the past without issue but agree I think kodi runs better on pc. Currently use an nuc with a Celeron & 8gb ram and only problems are generally from the addons

Using minix x8-h with the beast build whiich is pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

Ste- wrote: »

What's wrong with the Argos ones, as I've just reserved one?

Kolido wrote: »
    Both RTEs are working fine on the Zeus add-on atm.

Sd though, not HD

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭xlogo

In fairness - not much on RTE that needs to be seen in HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

xlogo wrote: »
    In fairness - not much on RTE that needs to be seen

Slightly more correct :)

xlogo wrote: »
    In fairness - not much on RTE that needs to be seen in HD

Agree, but I depend on the player, as Ariel is shagged,can't get up on the roof for a few months, so sd is hard to look at,when used to hd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have zeus addon in Ivue but isn't working for rte,any ideas as to why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Hope I won't get into trouble for mentioning another source with Irish TV working.The rules seem to be not as enforced in this thread??

Anyway it's a well known one SportsDevil>Go to Live TV>Then select the one UK option at the end of the list......Most working there.

Can somebody clear up what's allowed to be mentioned in this thread?It seems to be all over the place and I don't want to break any rules.

This won't last long unfortunately!

Ftv guide is really handy!

Ivue guide is your, also

• Advertisement

Ivue guide is your, also

Sorry, I meant,is good also

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement