Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Conundrum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Waiting for more news
    The plot thickens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He should really have the op now qpr at home an int break coming up soon. Nice lead at the top of the league and we'll placed in the CL. Get him back well in time for the Xmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Swapping Costa for Bobby Zamora does wonders for your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    What's rooneys record like against city.......I'm sick of this ****
    Sold him gw4 due to "injury"
    Kept him this time around and looks like he will cost me money

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Selling for Aguero
    I think the word to take note of is "eventually". This is coming from a Daily Mail journalist and he mentions that June 14th is allegedly the date pencilled in for the surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    God if Costa really was fecked I could make loads of changes to my team id be really happy with.

But I still want costa lol

km79 wrote: »
    What's rooneys record like against city.......I'm sick of this ****
    Sold him gw4 due to "injury"
    Kept him this time around and looks like he will cost me money

There is talk rooney is injured and a doubt for the city game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    I'm getting fed up of this shi....

8YNoj.jpg

A koala blowing up fpl towers. I'm not sure i thought i'd ever see the likes of that on the FSA

Selling for Aguero

Really ? I'm still over here so not really in tune with things but heard nothing in the pubs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rikand wrote: »
    God if Costa really was fecked I could make loads of changes to my team id be really happy with.

But I still want costa lol

Yeah, I'd actually kinda like him to be definitively ruled out for a while now.

I could downgrade him to say Sakho/Berahino and relatively easily go with a midfield of Sanchez, Fabregas/Hazard, Di Maria and Sigurdsson as an example with the extra cash, including having Baines in defence.

That said, as long as he isn't definitively ruled out, I won't be selling him. My bench is performing well in his absence - Chambers with 7 this week, Boyd had 8 last week I just made the wrong decision choosing van Aanholt over him, and I'm not going to risk him not having him against a QPR at home as he could easily run absolutely riot in those type of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    A koala blowing up fpl towers. I'm not sure i thought i'd ever see the likes of that on the FSA

As long as he didn't get mixed up with Prodston Towers then it's grand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was doing a Costa twitter search and I spotted this... Really puts all our stressing & worrying into perspective

https://twitter.com/rami_rozay/status/526864174790365185

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Selling for Aguero
    Ah jesus. I'd love to know, one way or the other for certain.

Selling for Aguero
    Ah jesus. I'd love to know, one way or the other for certain.

You'll know after his hat-trick this weekend v QPR

You'll know after his hat-trick this weekend v QPR

He's on for a hat-trick alright ;)
    Palace, United & Qpr :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

PARlance wrote: »
    He's on for a hat-trick alright ;)
    Palace, United & Qpr :)

PARlance, what are your thoughts on getting Costa back in? Happy to leave him out for a while?

I got rid last week, fully intending to get him back in this week, but now I'm not so sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    I got rid last week as well and won't be looking at him until after the next international break. Worried more about Hazard going nuts than Costa against QPR

Selling for Aguero
    - Chelsea website reports Costa "was outside and involved (in training) as part of his ongoing rehabilitation"

http://t.co/TS8ujNhEDs

- Mourinho on Costa's availability for weekend: “I think so. QPR, one week more, I hope so."

http://t.co/zXQr154ktS

- Mourinho on Costa's absence at OT: "He didn’t come [to Old Trafford] because of the injury, not because of the virus".

Paully D wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd actually kinda like him to be definitively ruled out for a while now.

I could downgrade him to say Sakho/Berahino and relatively easily go with a midfield of Sanchez, Fabregas/Hazard, Di Maria and Sigurdsson as an example with the extra cash, including having Baines in defence.

Thats the exact line i was thinking

Berahino, aguero and pelle
    sanchez, di maria, fab, siggy, boyd
    baines, cresswell, bertrand, hutton, dummett
    guzan, jukopovic

pretty strong 3,4,3 imo

Selling for Aguero
    Rikand wrote: »
    Thats the exact line i was thinking

Berahino, aguero and pelle
    sanchez, di maria, fab, siggy, boyd
    baines, cresswell, bertrand, hutton, dummett
    guzan, jukopovic

pretty strong 3,4,3 imo

Unless costa gets a hat trick at the weekend. How do you get him back in ? Sell aguero ? :D

• Advertisement

PARlance, what are your thoughts on getting Costa back in? Happy to leave him out for a while?

I got rid last week, fully intending to get him back in this week, but now I'm not so sure!

Not exactly "happy" to leave him out if it's looking like he'll play.
    But I've got Pelle & Welbeck and I fancy both their chances of points this week.
    Costa would involve a hit, so if I expect those two to do something each... Say a conservative 5 points, then Costa needs to get into double figures really to pay off.

If he was to score 2 then you'd have to imagine he would be taken off. Game should be won if he scores 2 and I'd say they would protect him. So I'm looking at 13 points being worst case.

Thinking of banking my ft this week, if he does go nuts then I can get him in with 2ft's. That -4 hit is probably the key for me to not doing it.

That and the fact that he won't play :)
    I do think there's a chance that he'll be lightly used against QPR even if he's fit. Why risk him against them at home.
    I'd play Schrulle or Drogba up front for that if I was Jose.

km79 wrote: »
    Unless costa gets a hat trick at the weekend. How do you get him back in ? Sell aguero ? :D

lol

dont know - cross that bridge when i come to it, haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

PARlance wrote: »
    Not exactly "happy" to leave him out if it's looking like he'll play.
    But I've got Pelle & Welbeck and I fancy both their chances of points this week.
    Costa would involve a hit, so if I expect those two to do something each... Say a conservative 5 points, then Costa needs to get into double figures really to pay off.

If he was to score 2 then you'd have to imagine he would be taken off. Game should be won if he scores 2 and I'd say they would protect him. So I'm looking at 13 points being worst case.

Thinking of banking my ft this week, if he does go nuts then I can get him in with 2ft's. That -4 hit is probably the key for me to not doing it.

That and the fact that he won't play :)
    I do think there's a chance that he'll be lightly used against QPR even if he's fit. Why risk him against them at home.
    I'd play Schrulle or Drogba up front for that if I was Jose.

Yeah, see I have 2FTs, and enough money to do a straight sway in for Pelle. So its a tough decision. But can see in your case that it might make more sense to wait a few weeks.

Selling for Aguero

just read the guardian article . its a pity as it in it states he is the all time top scorer in the derby with ,11 in 22 games and 5 in last 4 at etihad.......

Im going to keep costa this week and then sell him. Im getting in hazard so will go with hazard and fab as my 2 chelsea attackers after this week. Im thinking this supposed Op will happen after the liverpool game. If the op is required its the ideal time to do it. 1 mourinho can annoy spain by withdrawing costa from international duty 2. He will be 2 weeks into his recovery before chelsea play again 3. Remy will be fit again 4. Chelsea should be qualified for the next stage of the CL. 5. They will be top of the league and he will only miss league games against wba sunderland spurs newcastle and maybe Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Selling for Aguero
    Im going to keep costa this week and then sell him. Im getting in hazard so will go with hazard and fab as my 2 chelsea attackers after this week. Im thinking this supposed Op will happen after the liverpool game. If the op is required its the ideal time to do it. 1 mourinho can annoy spain by withdrawing costa from international duty 2. He will be 2 weeks into his recovery before chelsea play again 3. Remy will be fit again 4. Chelsea should be qualified for the next stage of the CL. 5. They will be top of the league and he will only miss league games against wba sunderland spurs newcastle and maybe Hull.

Exact same convo I had with a workmate not 5 mins ago.
    Chelsea would be nuts to leave the op any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Selling for Aguero
    Why not just replace him with Remy when he is fit as I think this is when Costa has the op.

Dirt cheap as well.

Selling for Aguero
    Don't be surprised if the operation is put off til the end of the season

Don't be surprised if the operation is put off til the end of the season
    if they delay the op he will have to miss league games over the next two months if he cant play games in quick succession. There is a midweek round of league games early dec so chelsea have 3 league games in 7 days and then we have the xmas period. If all this injury stuff we are reading is true he has to miss 2 out of the 8 league games between the next int break and the new year. Then again didnt mourinho play him in the CL game at sporting so you wouldnt know what to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Where is Costa on the accurate sites in relation to taking a price drop again??
    .....if he's close I might ship him out,he has lost enough in last few wks while sitting on bench already:(
    Does it look like he's missing for QPR?
    Thanks for any views.
    B.L.

Advertisement