Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Conundrum

Options

Comments

Selling for Aguero
    Feck it, I'm gonna go with what I said on Monday..... Costa (c), Aguero (vc).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

manual_man wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Transfers out have slowed down since the press conference. And I can't imagine huge amounts transferring him out tomorrow, with QPR on the horizon. Similarly if Pelle were not to get his 2nd RISE (since yesterday), that could really burn those who did the Costa-> Pelle change in anticipation of a 0.2 swing both ways. All conjecture, but those 0.2 price swings are looking a lot less certain than before.

If Aguero has a decent points return on Saturday then I could see a big Costa exodus straight after that match... And could definitely see a drop if that's the case!
    Anything more than 7 points and they're be plenty acting on Saturday.
    I know it doesn't make sense to do that but it doesn't stop people every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I love that there's factions forming but I can't believe I'm in the holding Costa camp right now :pac:

I'm more than willing to be swayed though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    I love that there's factions forming but I can't believe I'm in the holding Costa camp right now :pac:

That Benteke idea really got me thinking................

:D

It's not like you to be a sheep when you could be a wolf....

The Costa Bravos are growing... We've even decided on out drink of choice... Hendricks Gin, serving suggestion is with cucumber!!!! (I won't go there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    I'd be more confident that he will be rested against the worst team in the league (QPR as opposed to United :( )

Schurrely they'll have enough to beat QPR without him. Would be ideal to let him put his feet up for that one. Give him 20mins v United if he is needed.

Ill have my hazard lights on against QPR to cover that eventuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Selling for Welbeck/Lukaku/Berahino/etc.
    It's not like you to be a sheep when you could be a wolf....

The Costa Bravos are growing... We've even decided on out drink of choice... Hendricks Gin, serving suggestion is with cucumber!!!! (I won't go there)

And we play golf together: http://www.costalessgolf.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 GreenwayM

I honestly had no idea what this Question was about . . .

I thought it was about the Ship that capsized - the Costa Concordia . . .

A blonde moment :-)

Ill have my hazard lights on against QPR to cover that eventuality.

Terry good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Are most Costa owners chancing it and starting him?I am sure worst case scenario he only gets 10 mins and scores only one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Selling for Aguero
    Are most Costa owners chancing it and starting him?I am sure worst case scenario he only gets 10 mins and scores only one!

If you still have him you start him.

Can't see a reason not to tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    wonski wrote: »
    If you still have him you start him.

Can't see a reason not to tbh.

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Selling for Aguero
    I think it would be a very foolish move for anyone to sell him tbh. He's the one chelsea player to keep, he'll consistently score points and start when he's fit, to sell him and more than likely have to buy him back for 11 million is madness for the sake of one gw.

but tbh i hope everyone gets rid , what a great differential he could be.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Selling for Aguero
    I think it would be a very foolish move for anyone to sell him tbh. He's the one chelsea player to keep, he'll consistently score points and start when he's fit, to sell him and more than likely have to buy him back for 11 million is madness for the sake of one gw.

but tbh i hope everyone gets rid , what a great differential he could be.:)

Regarding the price - not really. I could lose about the same amount when selling and buying back and when keeping him.

It does take 2 transfers, though - this is what stopped me from making a move. This, and the fact that he might start. And if he does - :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Stay in the minority Costa owners! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Christian-Benteke-008.jpg

"This is how many goals I'll score for you on Monday Mr.P"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Selling for Aguero
    Costa is in my starting 11 and he's staying there. Duff to sub in for him if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    anyone tempted to captain him........

km79 wrote: »
    anyone tempted to captain him........

if the poll is to be believed - 13 people are

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057312281

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Costa in my starting 11 for now, have the option to start Berahino or just go with 3 up front. Aguero my captain again this weekend..for now anyway.

• Advertisement

Selling for Aguero
    Rikand wrote: »
    if the poll is to be believed - 13 people are

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057312281

One of them may have been me !

km79 wrote: »
    One of them may have been me !

Nope :D

Costa voters!

$hifty, AdMMM, argentum, cremeegg, Dietsquirt, JR6, mmouse, rikaiser, SpannerMonkey, thegreengoblin, thunderdog, uRbaN, williewallace

Poll results are public :D - Just click on the number beside the name. Actually not sure you're on anybody yet unless I missed it ;)

Selling for Aguero
    Rikand wrote: »
    Nope :D

Costa voters!

$hifty, AdMMM, argentum, cremeegg, Dietsquirt, JR6, mmouse, rikaiser, SpannerMonkey, thegreengoblin, thunderdog, uRbaN, williewallace

Poll results are public :D - Just click on the number beside the name. Actually not sure you're on anybody yet unless I missed it ;)

oh right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chelsea-manager-jose-mourinho-ready-risk-diego-costas-fitness-against-manchester-united-1471651?

"I want to play Diego if he is ready to play," said the Chelsea boss.

"I don't protect before a Man United game. Unless he cannot play. If there is a chance of playing, Old Trafford is not the place to protect the players, who are ready to play.

"He has to show in the training session that he is capable of playing. He has to train without any limitations, do a complete training session with the other guys without any kind of protection.

"In this moment not everyone is available and I still don't know. Normally at this moment I know the team, I have no doubts, at this moment I don't know who is available."

JokerD wrote: »
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chelsea-manager-jose-mourinho-ready-risk-diego-costas-fitness-against-manchester-united-1471651?

"I want to play Diego if he is ready to play," said the Chelsea boss.

"I don't protect before a Man United game. Unless he cannot play. If there is a chance of playing, Old Trafford is not the place to protect the players, who are ready to play.

"He has to show in the training session that he is capable of playing. He has to train without any limitations, do a complete training session with the other guys without any kind of protection.

"In this moment not everyone is available and I still don't know. Normally at this moment I know the team, I have no doubts, at this moment I don't know who is available."

TLDR
    I'll play him against United IF he's fit but I'll definitely rest him at home to QPR

:)

Next week is going to be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Waiting for more news
    Having sold him yesterday I fear he's going to play now. That means if they deem him fit he will start. This gameweek is going to be nail biting to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

jebforever wrote: »
    Having sold him yesterday I fear he's going to play now. That means if they deem him fit he will start. This gameweek is going to be nail biting to say the least.

I think that quote might be missing a part where Mourinho says that we'll see if he can complete a training session on Saturday. So surely tomorrow it should be a lot clearer. Might be too late though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

TLDR
    I'll play him against United IF he's fit but I'll definitely rest him at home to QPR

:)

Next week is going to be fun

That's it, stay positive. But the wheels are coming off the Parlance-wagon I fear!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Selling for Aguero
    FHFC wrote: »
    That's it, stay positive. But the wheels are coming off the Parlance-wagon I fear!! ;)

My main rival sold Costa for Aguero. The only way he can afford to buy Costa back in is with quite a few transfers. He's been playing 3-5-2 so switching to 3-4-3 will take some doing.

Naturally, a good showing from Costa on Sunday and a few goals popped in past QPR would make me very happy. :pac:

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »

My suit is in the dry cleaners, got a few grass stains on it from running out into the back garden last Saturday at 2:01pm and sliding on my two knees.
    I'm sitting here in my tracksuit, haven't had a shave all week, I look scruffy, my eyes are darkened due to lack of sleep... I look like a man that has given up.... But behind this run down look, I am still two steps ahead of you!!!

Lack of sleep is due to laughing so much at all the Costs owners.

I am champion :)

Advertisement