Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Conundrum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Costa owners be crazy

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Already sold him (*cough* PARlance *cough*)
    Chelsea FC @chelseafc · 32m 32 minutes ago
    Mourinho says that 'normally' Diego Costa and Ramires will be available for our game against QPR. #CFCLive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Mourinho says that 'normally' Diego Costa and Ramires will be available for our game against QPR. #CFCLive

Maybe this isn't a normal situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I don't think I've ever seen a manager say so much while actually saying so little! We're still none the wiser after that gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Shedite27 wrote: »

Normally you say?

*cocks shotgun*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There are plenty of much clearer cut quotes....

"I think so. QPR, one week more, I hope so,” said Mourinho, when asked about Costa’s availability for the game at the weekend.

Nemanja Matic confirmed Costa pulled out of the squad on the day before the match at Old Trafford. “We found out Saturday,” said the midfielder. “He trained with us but I think he felt some more pain and the club didn’t want to risk him. Of course we need him but the most important thing is to be healthy and to be prepared for the next games."

Both from the Guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Selling for Aguero
    stop trying to console yereselves non owner/sellers
    he is playing :D
    think I'll sell him after that purely as he is really annoying me every week with the will he won't he

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Im starting to feel better having shipped him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Selling for Pelle
    gerrr in

• Advertisement

Something other than the mail ? ;)

Everybody talking about Costa one way or the other and in reality:

V62xDne.png

For that reason I'm out....sometime, soon, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There is only one thing rivalling the costa conundrum and that's the Mr Prodston wildcard conundrum ☺

There is only one thing rivalling the costa conundrum and that's the Mr Prodston wildcard conundrum ☺

I'm so undecided it's beginning to get ridiculous :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Costa was out training today

https://vine.co/#/v/OMpWLewWPeF

Well he's at least walking, enough to score 6 vs QPR.

Selling for Aguero
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Costa was out training today

https://vine.co/#/v/OMpWLewWPeF

Well he's at least walking, enough to score 6 vs QPR.

in my head the Darth Vader theme tune was playing as he walked out :D
    it's bizarre that captain Costa could be a big differential this week
    just seen the captain poll
    maybe not a differential after all

• Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    SlickRic wrote: »

Givin it socks too by the looks of it

:pac:

Selling for Aguero
    ooooohhhh yeah . hat trick incoming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

16417_10152909477997259_5451823284777563859_n.jpg?oh=d78c4fc658de7d5ee0ace779990d2d1d&oe=54F149EE&__gda__=1425213753_c47d09ae8eb56540f41960041dc26df0

//MOD

While I'm happy your excited to see him lets leave the visual queues on exactly how happy you are (though a Lolcat might have been accepted).

//MOD

• Advertisement

Selling for Aguero
    mourinho confirms Costa is available but will need "special care" from now on
    captaining tomorrow then probably selling him
    can't be dealing with this **** every weekend!

Mourinho confirms that Loic Remy and John Obi Mikel will both miss the match, but Ramires and Costa are both available for the game.

"It's good for us. It's difficult when you only have one striker available, but when you have two the situation improves."

"He played for the national team and we lost him for four matches: Crystal Palace, Maribor, Shrewsbury and Manchester United, four matches in three different competitions. Now he is again available but he needs to be under special care."

"special care" probably means playing all league matches, but not playing cup games and dead rubber champs league games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah you know what, he's too much hassle.

Special care? What the fcuk does that actually mean. Will he be rested for the easier games? Will he train less? Will he break down after 20 minutes.

It's too much hassle to be honest. If I had him, I'd be worried every single week about him starting.

There are a ton of alternatives out there. Sure he'll score 2 some games but he'll probably get rotated when you want him to start at home to the weaker sides.

There are a ton of cheaper alternatives out there and Sturridge is not far off a return.

Selling for Aguero

Special care? What the fcuk does that actually mean. Will he be rested for the easier games? Will he train less? Will he break down after 20 minutes.

It's too much hassle to be honest. If I had him, I'd be worried every single week about him starting.

There are a ton of alternatives out there. Sure he'll score 2 some games but he'll probably get rotated when you want him to start at home to the weaker sides.
    There are a ton of cheaper alternatives out there and Sturridge is not far off a return.
    I'm almost 100% selling next week for all the reasons above
    gonna use the extra cash to bring in hazard instead

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Selling for Aguero
    I'll be keeping Costa and enjoying it all the more when he scores

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Almost certain I'll be getting rid after this week. He was the first so called must have of the season but there are lots of players performing now and most importantly lots of viable captain options.

I can understand where you are coming from, but I think its a 'monitor' situation. The guy scored and average of almost 8 points per game before the injury. I can live with a bit of uncertainty if that's what he does when he does play. Plus for the next while they have no need to play him in the CL or League cup so he'll get plenty of rest, and they will I'm sure try to pull some stroke to get him out of the Internationals.

I can see it being worthwhile to drop him over the Xmas period for the likes of Sturridge who is less likely to be rested after his spell out and Liverpools lack of alternatives.

FHFC wrote: »
    I can understand where you are coming from, but I think its a 'monitor' situation. The guy scored and average of almost 8 points per game before the injury. I can live with a bit of uncertainty if that's what he does when he does play. Plus for the next while they have no need to play him in the CL or League cup so he'll get plenty of rest, and they will I'm sure try to pull some stroke to get him out of the Internationals.

I can see it being worthwhile to drop him over the Xmas period for the likes of Sturridge who is less likely to be rested after his spell out and Liverpools lack of alternatives.

Chelsea have 3 league games in 7 days soon enough after the int break aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Selling for Aguero
    special care is a not too subtle dig at Del Bosque and the Spanish set-up. i'm keeping him for now anyway. qpr and wba both at home in the next 3 gameweeks. after that i may re-consider as the amount of fixtures in quick succession becomes a genuine concern

Advertisement