Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Athletico in championship here.
    Should be on this evening

I cannot score a goal with Porto. This is a disaster. Conceded a bucketload and scored none in the first two games. Relegated two divisions in online leagues trying to find a formation.

Sad times. (still gonna beat bugg though)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Wolfsburg in the prem will be on tonight. Was away at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Wolfsburg in the prem will be on tonight. Was away at the weekend.

I'll be on tonight (sevilla) after 11ish

I'll be on tonight (sevilla) after 11ish

Sound. I'll be on then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I should be on too (Everton)

Have to play

Tottenham
    Lyon
    Atl. Madrid
    Wolfsburg

I messaged you at the weekend but never got a reply from you, did you leave your PS4 on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

AC Milan, Championship, will be on in next hour

"Tip off goals - this is a glitch in Fifa, patched or not again don't do it. Tipping off and running forward with the receiving player on a solo run scoring a goal is making use of the glitch and not allowed - this has been said numerous times already. If you do it don't expect a warning, you have read the rules."

Can i get some confirmation on this rule if possible? I only ask as in a conversation on PSN with Mr. Moon he said sprinting from kick off isn't against the rules, i would have thought that the essence of this rule is to stop the "sprint glitch" that exists in the game. Is the key part of the rule the actual scoring of a goal because by using the glitch it forces the defending player into sub optimal positioning of their players to combat it.

Its not a big deal or anything but i'd just like to know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The glitch is tipping off and running on a solo run with a player and scoring a goal (or attempting to..you could miss). Did he score a goal from the tip off?

Also just to add looking at your match report, you were winning when your connection dropped. If we went with Fifa you would lose 3-0..which we deem to be unfair so we allow you a replay of the game since you were winning. If its a draw or you were losing you continue with whatever time was left on the clock. So the rule is fair, if you prefer it can go down as a 3-0 loss and ignore the second game but I doubt you would want that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Right looking for Liverpool in prem.

not accepted my invite yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Bilbao looking to play Porto or monaco in the championship..ill be on for a good while

Axwell wrote: »
    The glitch is tipping off and running on a solo run with a player and scoring a goal (or attempting to..you could miss). Did he score a goal from the tip off?

Also just to add looking at your match report, you were winning when your connection dropped. If we went with Fifa you would lose 3-0..which we deem to be unfair so we allow you a replay of the game since you were winning. If its a draw or you were losing you continue with whatever time was left on the clock. So the rule is fair, if you prefer it can go down as a 3-0 loss and ignore the second game but I doubt you would want that :)

Nope he didn't score. I tackled him before it could happen. My point was merely that i felt that the league was run in a spirit of the game manner and that to me felt slightly off.

I've zero problem playing by any rules that the organisers deem fit, you guys go out of your way to run it and its appreciated. I guess my feeling on it would be that if i was on the receiving end of a 5-1 at halftime in a game and then the EA server (it wasn't my internet or anything, i've no idea what message came up on my opponents screen) booted my opponent i'd play another half with the score as it was. I'm not bitter or anything (i managed to win the rematch) but like i said i had such a blast playing the last season and the attitudes of every player was so good (not that the attitudes this season have been bad btw) that i was just surprised. I guess i shouldn't hold anyone to any self concieved standards other than those expressly stated in the rules.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Im not getting into handbags at this stage of the season, or checking how many yards someone ran with the ball. No goal was scored or attempted and you won the replay of the game which was played as per the rules. Seems an open and shut case. End of and back to business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭bren2001

Unearthly wrote: »
    Right looking for Liverpool in prem.

not accepted my invite yet.

Have you sent one? I've been (and am) crazy busy in work this week. I'll be on tomorrow from around 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

bren2001 wrote: »
    Have you sent one? I've been (and am) crazy busy in work this week. I'll be on tomorrow from around 7.

Grand no problem, I should be around then.

Yes 'Olaizola'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Does anybody know if/when player ratings go back to normal? seeing as the season is over

Found my shooting boots again. 8 goals in two games......

Unfortunately I conceded 8 too.

Glass half full and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Should be coming on around 9:30. Just have Milan to play from first week or if anyone from Premiership fancies a friendly, wouldn't mind putting myself against the big boys.

PSN - Boulders8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Should be coming on around 9:30. Just have Milan to play from first week or if anyone from Premiership fancies a friendly, wouldn't mind putting myself against the big boys.

PSN - Boulders8

Milan here, will be on around then myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Boulders8 wrote: »

PSN - Boulders8

I'll hit you up for a game in about 30 mins if your on. Septicmutant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

duffman13 wrote: »
    I'll hit you up for a game in about 30 mins if your on. Septicmutant

I gonna play my league game first then will be free for friendly

anyone up for a friendly from the championship OR premiership?

im schalke in championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Sonnky and Bayshuiken Imessaged you both for a game last night but got no replies? Will yous be on tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Sonnky and Bayshuiken Imessaged you both for a game last night but got no replies? Will yous be on tonight ?

Sorry only seen your messages when sometime after you went off! Ya I'm around any time really I'd say, just give me a message here!

I wasn't actually on. Was the missus watching Netflix most likely. I'll be on tonight from 10.30 I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm on now Arsenal in the Prem need to play sonnky, duffman and bren2001

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'm on now Arsenal in the Prem need to play sonnky, duffman and bren2001

Just popping on now if your around

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just gone for an hour be back then, left the ps4 on

Looking to play napoli, arsenal and atletico in championship

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Napoli in the Prem on tonight, looking to play Everton, Roma, Atletico and Wolfsburg.

Advertisement