Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

By the way I've been beaten by a fair few of the lesser teams here in the league and not complained az I said they were the more enjoyable fair matches.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Since you brought up our match..you had 3 shots on target in the whole game, from a total of 5. I had twice as many shots..

Long balls to Hazard? I throw the ball out to my defenders and work it up the pitch, I kicked it out twice in the whole game. At one point I ran the whole length of the pitch with Azpilicueta and got past at least 5 of your players with ease, timing when to change direction as you slid by me on the ground. I did the same on the other side with Willian from well inside my own half and he ended up putting it about 2 feet wide from inside the box. The goal I got with Costa to make it 1-1 I turned 3 of your defenders inside out running at them and shot from just inside the box. In fact im sure the game is sitting there recorded on my ps4 if you want to go back over it an analyse it but at the end of the day you had 3 shots which would be a good indication of why you lost instead of looking to some excuse. I was the better player and deserved the win, you had nothing in attack and wasted having players at your disposal like Sterling and Sturridge.

Either way it comes across as sour grapes, this is football..using players abilities to your advantage is why they are in the team. You joined the league to avoid this sort of carry on?..what carry on..playing football??
    I dont really see anything in what you have said that comes across as anything but sour grapes over losing and I am not sure what way you expect everyone to play..maybe we should all sub on really slow players and take off the expensive midfielders and strikers we have in our teams and use the donkeys.

If you had better games against 'lesser teams' maybe its because the players were more to your level and it had nothing to do with the team they played with because in looking at the league table and your results you only have a handful of wins.

Anyways not going to debate it any further - if you want to quit go ahead but as I said you end up blacklisted for next season. If you are then let us know now so we can update the tables accordingly and not have fixtures sitting there unplayed.

No bother mate maybe it's a bit sour grapes or frustration and I'm the only one with the problem but I've been undone afew times with the old long ball to the faster players. I will admit that you dont rely on it but you did take advantage of it when I went 1 up. Anyway I don't want to feck up the league and I never thought of what you were saying about judging people's rank when the league is over. I'll stick with it if that's alright with you i had a dodgy Internet connection tonight which didn't help.

Maybe I should try to sort my defence out instead of causing silly arguments ha ha. Rematch tomorrow I'm playing sweeper and park the bus tactics...............

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cool, as I said next season will be based off how this one finishes and the team picks with it so it tends to even things out after a season or two. Plus people get more used to playing against the different people in the league.

We have our second match to play anyways - bring 2 buses ;)

I think I'll bring a tank although as bad as I am I have beaten you twice so........ill be on tomorrow from about 7:30 to 9:00 by the way that was my Internet acting up sorry about that it's usually solid.

• Advertisement

Not when it counts you havent :D Grand should be on around then so just give me a message

Axwell wrote: »
    Not when it counts you havent :D Grand should be on around then so just give me a message

Bring on the loses at this rate I'll be Madrid next season now there is an exploit.......just kidding

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Im dortmund prem

due to play
    barca djdigitialmoose
    bayern steirishrover
    everton bren
    chelsea irishwolverine

im around all tonight if im not on psn just message me ill get it to my phone and go straight on

On for a while last I see some of my games are on invite me if you fancy a match

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Any of Everton, Chelsea, PSG, Spurs, Arsenal, Roma or Atletico from the Prem available to play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

@copajama and @robfolwer I got the notifications from ya but there not appearing in my messages. Some of the lads are over playing fifa so can't play yet. If ur on at all over the night il get them played once the lads f**k off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm having serious problems with messages lads so if you see me online just send an invite and if i can open it ill play if i can. I've got a few messages from people over the last few days and i can't open them on phone or PlayStation, theres still some in my inbox that i cant open. Its ridiculous from sony that something as basic as messaging is completely broken.

Anyway im not ignoring people im genuinely not able to open the messages so if anyone sees me on don't send a message just invite me. Sorry to anyone who's been trying to message me,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Barca in the Premiership will be on tonight before the Utd match, have a bunch to play.

2x Juventus - giggsy_91
    2x Liverpool - robfowler
    Real Madrid - chunkywobbler
    Tottenham - wilson91
    Arsenal - brianregan09
    Ath. Madrid - dedijon2
    Bayern - steirishrover
    B. Dortmund - mcnoodle15
    Chelsea - Mod grudge match!!
    Everton - Brehn2001

Message or invite me if you see me online, I'll reply to you (if PSN messaging works)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Sorry havent played much over the last week or so, I'll be on most of this afteroon but if ya want just message me on this and we can organise a time

On now if anyones around.

Chelsea in the premiership

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will be on for the next while arsenal in premiership

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Shakhtar in the Championship. Have to play these guys:

Week 4:
    Roma - Faber

Week 5:
    Bayern - GNR_MUFC

Week 6:
    Chelsea - Rolad001

Week 7:
    Liverpool - Kevinseymour
    Man City - burrowsunder
    Napoli - frankie_5angels

Invite me on PSN if any of you are on tonight please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Oat23 wrote: »
    Shakhtar in the Championship. Have to play these guys:

Week 4:
    Roma - Faber

Week 5:
    Bayern - GNR_MUFC

Week 6:
    Chelsea - Rolad001

Week 7:
    Liverpool - Kevinseymour
    Man City - burrowsunder
    Napoli - frankie_5angels

Invite me on PSN if any of you are on tonight please.

Sorry mate, I was playing septicmutant when you invited me, then I had to make a phone call and now the bird wants to watch netflix! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hi Guys,

Is there anyway to join this? or how does it work :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm on now (Dortmund - champ)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Everton ( Septicmutant ) in the championship, on now for a while if anyone's up for our game?

Hey lads havnt been on much the last two nights but should be back on Saturday night if you'd are around

Hi Guys,

Is there anyway to join this? or how does it work :o

Signup when the next season opens up. Should be some stage mid to late January. Keep an eye out for a signup thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Axwell wrote: »
    Signup when the next season opens up. Should be some stage mid to late January. Keep an eye out for a signup thread.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ill be online a fair bit of tonight and tomorrow (during the day). If I am not, PM and I will pop online. I have a serious amount of catching up to do. Moved into a new house so still getting everything sorted out. Everton in the Premiership.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Atletico in championship online from 6 for most of the night if anyone needs to play me.

dortmund prem mcnoodle15

ive been messaging a few ppl online with no replys, im due to play

barca
    chelsea
    everton
    bayern

and this weeks fixtures out today

juvetus
    liverpool

message me on this anytime or psn and ill get it on my phone and get on

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

pittsburgh wrote: »
    dortmund prem mcnoodle15

ive been messaging a few ppl online with no replys, im due to play

barca
    chelsea
    everton
    bayern

and this weeks fixtures out today

juvetus
    liverpool

message me on this anytime or psn and ill get it on my phone and get on

cheers

I haven't got any messages from ya man.. must be psn acting up again.. I'll be on after half 10 ish tonight..

I haven't got any messages from ya man.. must be psn acting up again.. I'll be on after half 10 ish tonight..

didnt message you ste, great im around all tonight if im not psn message me anyway ill get it to my phone and go straight on cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Okay lads arsenal in the prem on for the night need to clear a backlog

Real
    Tottneham
    Liverpool
    City
    United
    PSG
    Everton
    Barcelona

if you're around message me