Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has social media ruined the nightlife?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Thankfully, my clubbing years was spent free of the Social Media age. At time when people looked into each others eyes and had a conversation & had a laugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

Of course it has. People are more interested in snapchatting their surroundings than actually even socializing to the person on their left.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have my FB account set up so that anything I am tagged in, statuses, pictures ..., need me to approve them first.

handy for all this sh1te, keep meaning to fully close it, but morbid curiosity draws me back to others inane mental diarrhoea spoutings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Last_Minute

There are people who cannot take a s**t without taking 500 photos of it from every imaginable angle.

As for new born babies these days, the baby isn't even born yet and there pictures of the ultrasound all over people's walls and when the baby is born the first thing it see's is a camera being forced into it's face for a 'selfie'.

I have no evidence to support this but i think the more attention seeking a person is on Facebook the more depressed they are in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

jester77 wrote: »
    Going to the wrong places OP. I haven't been to a nightclub in probably 10 years, so I haven't witnessed this phenomenon. I prefer to just hang out with friends in the pub until the small hours, and this definitely doesn't happen there.

How can you say I'm going to the wrong places if you haven't been to a nightclub in 10 years? Nightclubs have changed enormously in 10 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement