Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong winds, heavy rains, high seas Monday night into Tuesday 20/21st Oct

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Rain cover blown off the BBQ... If anyone see's it up the country let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Nothing to report, my max wind is just 50km/h no precip worth talking about and the baro seems to be 1012.

It's chilly though, I'm showing 9°C. Brrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

lashing rain and getting very dark here in Citywest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

From Micks weather station in Waterford

High Today 14.3°C 1:04 AM
    Low Today 9.3°C 7:43 AM
    Currently 10.3°C

Ultimately didn't amount to that much down here, still blowy alright but nothing beyond "lively"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

lashing rain and getting very dark here in Citywest
    I saw that cloud and shower move into west dublin earlier. Very ominous looking alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

a tree down on the way into work leaves everywhere, wasnt too bad all in all some rain though.
    and the pressure drop !

325942.gif

green line on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The beech nuts hopping off the windows at the back of my house ( west facing ) set off the alarm around 4am last night, I don't remember that happening before. The beech tree is about 15m away from the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Sadly loss of life in the UK from the storm

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29700594

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its been really windy here in Carlow all day with some very strong gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Big squall came through London around 4pm, really whipped through with fury, sending scaffolding falling and branches.

Only lasted around 5-10 minutes but shows how dangerous moderate-strong winds can be in cities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

That ex hurricane depression has just brought our first snowfall of the winter in southern poland. Currently at elevated heights of over 1000m is it settling but the level is coming down as the day goes on. Our house is at 650m asl. The land around us is covered in snow as it rises to 1750m (babia gora).
    The rain is currently turning back and forth to snow. The cold air is still a few hours away yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement