Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong winds, heavy rains, high seas Monday night into Tuesday 20/21st Oct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Not on android ðŸ˜

Do most people on mobile use the touch site? I always scroll to the bottom and select full site on mobile then I can see the location. Anyway, nothing too exciting here in GALWAY at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very strong sustained gusts in Castlebar now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Agreed Xenji, getting strong now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

howling gales here in cork. nothing spectacular though...... yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

What's tress?
    She is a tall skinny woman with big ears.
    Poor woman hates storms and dose her beat to get in before they hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 donedl1

Wind and rain picking up in north Donegal, feels like an interesting night ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

After getting a few noisy gusts (tops 40 kt) seems to have calmed down again here now. 994. 8 hPa and still falling.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Do most people on mobile use the touch site? I always scroll to the bottom and select full site on mobile then I can see the location. Anyway, nothing too exciting here in GALWAY at the moment.

I use the app. *shrug*

20 October 2014 22:55 update

tonight
    Becoming extremely windy overnight, with heavy rain spreading eastwards, followed by clearer weather, with occasional squally showers. Strong and gusty south to southwest winds will veer northwesterly, increasing strong to gale force, with some severe gusts, especially in parts of the northwest and north. Minimum temperatures 6 to 8 Celsius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Max gust so far in Galway city 72 km/h
    Barometer 995.97 hPa: Falling quickly -1.63 hPa/hr

• Advertisement

Strongest gust on the 2300 reports is 51kts at Mace Head

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Looks like no surprises really so far, I still think the Donegal coast should see a period of stronger winds in the next couple of hours but it will be a fairly narrow and brief event if it happens. Elsewhere overall its looking fairly unremarkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

it has been very quite here then all of a sudden very strong wind and terrential rain gusts are bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Just started raining here in South Dublin its on its way..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Picked up again now, gusts still not exceeding 40 kt but seem to becoming more frequent. Very squally sounding outside (have back door open wide):D

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Wind just starting to pick up in greystones now, windchimes are getting loud. No rain yet.

Does anyone know what time the storm will pass over northern Scotland? Haven't seen my OH for a long time and he is flying home tomorrow.

Wind is getting stronger now in north Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Little by little the wind and rain are increasing here in North Leitrim... lots of extra leaves down since morning time, take care out there folks. Once again, with my timing being impeccable as always ;) (i.e just missed the bit of flooding in Cork there a couple of weeks ago) I am travelling with the direction of the storm at stupid o'clock! (Gives thanks to the timing of the job for allowing me go "storm chasing" up the M50! lol)
    Anemometer at the ready!! Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

hollster2 wrote: »
    it has been very quite here then all of a sudden very strong wind and terrential rain gusts are bad!
    I just on the phone to the father in law in arklow and he said its calm

well where I am im in a valley the wind is strong n rain battering down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Are you near the railway walk?

Are you near the railway walk?

about 10 minutes from there

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Are we due to get any thunder? I could have sworn I saw a flash a couple of mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Gone quite here now Galway id say its over even before it begun ...

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

winds noticeably picking up as the cold front is above us now, been a while since we've had gusts like this

very windy in Castlebar now, north westerly gusts setting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Will it be bad in Leinster overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

There's an area of much lighter winds that has remained wedged between the strong southerlies and the oncoming strong west to northwest winds. Those are going to hit the coast soon. That lull appears to be about 75 km wide so at the rate the storm is moving, it lasts about an hour. Peak winds may be around 0100-0400h.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Wind was at strongest in Galway after that band of rain passed by probably pick up again as the showers move in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

very windy in Castlebar now, north westerly gusts setting in.

Fairly rough here in Newport, some very strong gusts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement