Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of people intrigue you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

The dole wouldn't fund the beer for the week, at low water €40 a day is €280.

They get it from the spouse or children. Some beg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

People who do mad suicidal things like climbing Everest, or the wingsuit flying types, or these mad Russians climbing buildings to take selfies without safety equipment. Was watching a video once about these fellows walking on a tight rope between rocks in the Grand Canyon, anywhere they find the most lethal and frightening cliffs...

I try to figure how a sense of adventure can go that far, to the point that self preservation seems less important. I can't fathom it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

[QUOTE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

guest2014 wrote: »
    he could of inherited his wealth or won the lottery?

Well yes, of course he could have, but the question was 'what type of people do you find intriguing' - I'm intrigued by the many possibilities of how a simpleton like the guy I mentioned managed to obtain a passport, never mind how he earned/won/inherited the money that paid for his trip!
    I had a customer a few years ago who queried the price of the items he was buying - hundreds of euro worth of stuff, he felt it should have cost much more so checked I hadn't made a mistake - anyway, once he realised he was wrong he said 'yeah I'm not great with money, the only reason I have any is that my grandfather invented something you use every day'... I still wonder what he invented!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,164 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

People who, at the end of the day, don;t give a **** about money, work, or what I think of them and just go and do things.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The lad that always fascinates me is that lad I know with the donkey jacket.

He clearly has nine buttons on it.

Why he only ever fastens 8 is my personal mystery tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,353 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Those people who sell all their stuff, buy a Motor Home, and go to live on the road in the US travelling from state to state stopping off in RV parks for a few months at a time. Fascinating.

Sure isn't that done in Ireland all the time? Except the stuff sold is tarmacking!

Back on topic : Quiet people intrigue me what are they thinking? what are they afraid to say? How do they manage to hold their tongue and just get on with it?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

[QUOTE=

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

guest2014 wrote: »
    I thought you meant you were intrigued by a guy who appears simple but in fact are smart as they have made loads of money for themselves, dont know why you are intrigued by a fool who has money, sure you could just pay people to sort a passport for ya.

That was a joke. The thing I find intriguing is that people surprise me every day, that a tiny scratch on the surface can give you a glimpse into an unexpected life.

Sure isn't that done in Ireland all the time? Except the stuff sold is tarmacking!

Back on topic : Quiet people intrigue me what are they thinking? what are they afraid to say? How do they manage to hold their tongue and just get on with it?

quiet people cant understand why loud people always want to be centre of attention and feel they are just making a fool of themselves with the stuff they come out with. some quiet people i think are more confident in themselves and feel they don't have to prove anything, unlike louder people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I like people who have their own opinions and are not afraid to back them up. I like people who are honest to the point that others deem it rude. Generally people that are wired a little differently intrigue me.

I love people with a sense of dark humour and who aren't worried about what other people think of them all the time.

I'm fascinated by psychopaths, both the successful and murderous types, and their thought processes. I haven't met any in real life but I'd love to.

I actively dislike people who are lick-arses or generally spend all their time trying to get people to like them. Those kind of "high maintenance" people. As mean as it sounds I also have very little time for stupid people. I mean the kind that can't even hold up a conversation.

I like people who have their own opinions and are not afraid to back them up. I like people who are honest to the point that others deem it rude. Generally people that are wired a little differently intrigue me.

I love people with a sense of dark humour and who aren't worried about what other people think of them all the time.

I'm fascinated by psychopaths, both the successful and murderous types, and their thought processes. I haven't met any in real life but I'd love to.

I actively dislike people who are lick-arses or generally spend all their time trying to get people to like them. Those kind of "high maintenance" people. As mean as it sounds I also have very little time for stupid people. I mean the kind that can't even hold up a conversation.

Don't worry they'll see you coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

dee_mc wrote: »
    Well yes, of course he could have, but the question was 'what type of people do you find intriguing' - I'm intrigued by the many possibilities of how a simpleton like the guy I mentioned managed to obtain a passport, never mind how he earned/won/inherited the money that paid for his trip!
    I had a customer a few years ago who queried the price of the items he was buying - hundreds of euro worth of stuff, he felt it should have cost much more so checked I hadn't made a mistake - anyway, once he realised he was wrong he said 'yeah I'm not great with money, the only reason I have any is that my grandfather invented something you use every day'... I still wonder what he invented!

Post-it notes :D

The kind of people that I find intriguing are those who achieve extraordinary things in their lives, yet they're so... well, for want of a better word - 'ordinary' to talk to, I'm fascinated by how humble they are, almost to the point where they don't recognise how extraordinary their achievements are!

I'm intrigued by people who don't realise their own potential that I see in them, people who are so humble that they don't recognise what they could achieve if they really wanted to!

I'm intrigued by people who don't think the same way I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

Usually the loudest person in the room is the weakest one with the least worth saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I never fail to be intrigued by people who are wildly enthusiastic, or even 'obsessed', about 'stuff'. It could be anything - football, art, music, a particular genre or band, comedy (my own particular obsession), stamp collecting, train-spotting, whatever... I find enthusiasm infectious, even if I'm not hugely interested in the topic. Just listening to them talking passionately about something can win me over. I can't relate to people who lack more than a 'passing interest' in anything at all. They're usually the same kind of people who sneer at nerdy interests or obsessions, and have the gall to call others 'boring'. Enthusiasm is never boring, whatever the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

RayM wrote: »
    I never fail to be intrigued by people who are wildly enthusiastic about 'stuff'. It could be anything - football, art, music, a particular genre or band, comedy, stamp collecting, train-spotting, whatever... I find enthusiasm infectious, even if I'm not hugely interested in the topic. Just listening to them talking passionately about something can win me over. I can't relate to people who lack more than a 'passing interest' in anything at all. They're usually the same kind of people who sneer at nerdy interests or obsessions, and have the gall to call others 'boring'. Enthusiasm is never boring, whatever the subject.

Me too, to hear someone talking enthusiatically about something even if I have no real interest in it can be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭eric prydz

Everyone that posts in after hours,where do they find the time?

eric prydz wrote: »

you tell us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

eric prydz wrote: »

The dole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

Someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭eric prydz

Lalealea wrote: »
    you tell us.

Well it wouldn't intrigue me if I knew the answer :pac:

RayM wrote: »
    I never fail to be intrigued by people who are wildly enthusiastic, or even 'obsessed', about 'stuff'. It could be anything - football, art, music, a particular genre or band, comedy (my own particular obsession), stamp collecting, train-spotting, whatever... I find enthusiasm infectious, even if I'm not hugely interested in the topic. Just listening to them talking passionately about something can win me over. I can't relate to people who lack more than a 'passing interest' in anything at all. They're usually the same kind of people who sneer at nerdy interests or obsessions, and have the gall to call others 'boring'. Enthusiasm is never boring, whatever the subject.

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Betty Bloggs

I'm always drawn to and usually instantly like people who are very chatty, funny and very confident. What will grab an extra spark of interest from me though is when I notice kindness or an unexpected deepness in that type of person.

It's not really very intriguing I guess, but say there's somebody as I see as a nice person but mainly just a bit of a joker who is usually just chatty and happy go lucky and is mostly just having a laugh the majority of the time - I will like them,but if I witness them saying or doing even something small that shows a very kind heart, or if I hear them suddenly be more serious and have a view on or talk about something very meaningful to them, then I instantly like them more. Just shows me there's more to them than meets the eye, and a deeper side to them.

Also this will probably sound narcissistic but I promise it's not meant to be.
    Have you ever met somebody who is very similar to yourself personality wise, so similar that it can actually be annoying at times.
    Observing someone very similar to yourself can be a bit intriguing because you can predict their behavior and also observe both the good and the bad traits play out in front of you. The good makes you gel well together.The bad though? -Well they make the same mistakes as you do yourself too , so it's like watching a video of yourself acting through another person. That can be annoying, because you want to help them fix or change aspects but can't really talk because you'd need to change yourself first and they are mirroring your own mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Trust me, you wouldn't. It's extremely unnerving and can be scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

So, you have never had a ruthless boss in your work experience? It will happen...
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Trust me, you wouldn't. It's extremely unnerving and can be scary.
    Agreed, especially if you have to report to them.

Not your ornery onager

Usually the loudest person in the room is the weakest one with the least worth saying.

Sometimes very true yes.

You can't generalize though. True some quiet people have a lot to say once they get going sometimes chatty people are interesting too. Just different qualities. Both good in their own way.:-)

I like a lot of quiet people.

Mr Darcy!

:-P

Well at the end he's awful at the beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

People who put up the pretense of being "cool" every waking moment. How do they manage it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Lalealea wrote: »
    Footsbarn people.
    I don't feel people through the mind. I feel them through how at ease they put me or they're kindnesses. .

Sorry, you do what now?
    Footsbarn? What's that? Sounds like some over priced shoe shop.
    I'm intriqued! (well technically I'm confused, but it's a similar mental state:D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

People who spell intrigued with a q !

Advertisement