Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of people intrigue you?

Options
  • 19-10-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

Are there any people in your life, be it your workplace, neighborhood etc, who intrigue you for any reason? For me, people who dont adhere to the stereotype they project, thats fascinating to me. Example, the guy who on the surface seems to have no other interest than soccer then you discover they run a theatre company part time or maybe its someone you only met once and would love to know more of.

What kind of people intrigue or fascinate you?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Beautiful women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Anarchists,vagabonds or generally transient people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The person posting below me intrigues me greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

The person posting below me intrigues me greatly.

Yes, but for all the wrong reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

People with curious minds, people who have different views than I do. Have no interest in people who are boastful or vain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Funny people. Especially those with a dark sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Very self-assured, self confident people. People who rarely doubt themselves and their abilities. I wonder what made them that way and how some of us completely missed that boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

Those who refuse to follow the crowd and aren't afraid to be different. An entrepreneurial spirit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Nobody really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

The guy in the mirror. Never can quite understand him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

People who are honest to a fault.

To such a degree that to do so they lose the respect of the peers, along with financial, social and career opportunities.

People like Frank Serpico, Jeffrey Wigand etc.

Also people who triumph over adversity or overcome tremendous feats of human endurance.

Jonny Kennedy, Brian Keenan, Mark Pollock etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Those people who sell all their stuff, buy a Motor Home, and go to live on the road in the US travelling from state to state stopping off in RV parks for a few months at a time. Fascinating.

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Those people who sell all their stuff, buy a Motor Home, and go to live on the road in the US travelling from state to state stopping off in RV parks for a few months at a time. Fascinating.

I would loooooove to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

People with a very dark sense of humour that can laugh at the worst of things.My dad has a blind friend who 60's.he lost his eyesight in a car crash after his wife left him with young kids.he's one of the happiest people I know and has a complete gallows sence of humour.I could listen to him for hours.there's people then who have everything and they bore me to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

People that can do those great whistles with two fingers in their mouth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Gelatomela

Very self-assured, self confident people. People who rarely doubt themselves and their abilities. I wonder what made them that way and how some of us completely missed that boat.

Fools never doubt their abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

People who are so enthralled by the simplest of things. I envy their fascination and sense of magic.

Gelatomela wrote: »
    Fools never doubt their abilities.

That's why I write "rarely" but I get your point. I'd like a happy balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

People that live off the grid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

anncoates wrote: »
    People that can do those great whistles with two fingers in their mouth.

how the fcuk do they do it?!

i dunno about being intrigued but i have a few clients that are just amazing storytellers, would sit and listen to them all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

People who are just naturally good at everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

Are there any people in your life, be it your workplace, neighborhood etc, who intrigue you for any reason? For me, people who dont adhere to the stereotype they project, thats fascinating to me. Example, the guy who on the surface seems to have no other interest than soccer then you discover they run a theatre company part time or maybe its someone you only met once and would love to know more of.

What kind of people intrigue or fascinate you?
    Footsbarn people.
    I don't feel people through the mind. I feel them through how at ease they put me or they're kindnesses.

Maybe what you are saying is who holds your attention? People who focus on my attention. It's the connection that intrigues me.

I think though I have an affinity for crazy sane people. Dr Who, the mad hatter.

Hm powerful people. Kind people. Kind powerful people ..thats rare.

I actually think when two people focus on each other they intrigue each other.

Actually non-flamboyance. That can be very intriguing. Stable rock like. Protective. Grounding.

I dunno I guess everyone can be interesting in a way.

Something you have not seen before.

Oh people with a tremendous amount of focus. I saw this woman do a balancing trick all to do with mental focus. It was interesting.

People who can teach me things. Oh people full of info or organize it well. Thats sounds stupid I know.

My brother is fascinating. I think I am fascinated by people around me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

women with large breasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

People who have little self awareness.

People who don't realise that what they're getting worked up about is completely pointless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

People who go on the sauce everyday of the week and don't work, where do they get the money for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

People who go on the sauce everyday of the week and don't work, where do they get the money for it.

Taxpayer

Karl Stein wrote: »

Travellers??

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

People who take loads of selfies/photos and plaster them all over facebook.
    I just think it's mad and I always try to imagine explaining it to someone from a time pre-facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Taxpayer

The dole wouldn't fund the beer for the week, at low water €40 a day is €280.

Advertisement