Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I'm in a huge dilemma this week. I have two free transfers, yet to play my wildcard. This is my team as it stands.

Mannone (Guzan)

Cahill O'Shea Kelly (Dier) (Ferdinand)

Di Maria Fabregas Sigurdsson Sterling (Davis)

Costa (C) Pelle (V) Jelavic

OPTION 1
    Use my two free transfers. Have to ditch Jelavic as he's injured and want to get rid of either Ferdinand (rubbish) or O'Shea (don't want to double up with Mannone). If I get rid of Jelavic and Ferdinand I'd probably bring in Berahino and Clyne.

OPTION 2
    Play my wildcard, which would enable me to bring in Aguero. I've made a decent enough start to the season but I feel without him I would lose serious ground. Only thing is it weakens the rest of the team as I'd likely have to ditch Di Maria and Cahill.

OPTION 3
    Take a four point hit to bring in Aguero, Chadli and Bertrand for Jelavic, Di Maria and Cahill. I haven't had to take any points hits so far this season and I'm reluctant to go down that route unless I'm forced to through injury.

I'm thinking I'll play my wildcard although I'd love to keep it for the latter stages of the season for DGWs. Any advice or thoughts much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

I'm in a huge dilemma this week. I have two free transfers, yet to play my wildcard. This is my team as it stands.

Mannone (Guzan)

OPTION 1
    Use my two free transfers. Have to ditch Jelavic as he's injured and want to get rid of either Ferdinand (rubbish) or O'Shea (don't want to double up with Mannone). If I get rid of Jelavic and Ferdinand I'd probably bring in Berahino and Clyne.

OPTION 2
    Play my wildcard, which would enable me to bring in Aguero. I've made a decent enough start to the season but I feel without him I would lose serious ground. Only thing is it weakens the rest of the team as I'd likely have to ditch Di Maria and Cahill.

OPTION 3
    Take a four point hit to bring in Aguero, Chadli and Bertrand for Jelavic, Di Maria and Cahill. I haven't had to take any points hits so far this season and I'm reluctant to go down that route unless I'm forced to through injury.

I'm thinking I'll play my wildcard although I'd love to keep it for the latter stages of the season for DGWs. Any advice or thoughts much appreciated!

I think option one is the way to go. I perfer Bertrand over Clyne though. I'm thinking of dumping Costa for Berahino this week. I see West Brom getting a few against Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Guzan (Mannone)

Cahill Clyne Dier (Kelly) (Ferdinand)

Costa (C) Pelle (V) Berahino

Much better

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mannone (Guzan)

OPTION 1

OPTION 2

OPTION 3

Whatever option gets you Aguero is the correct option

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

8-10 wrote: »
    Whatever option gets you Aguero is the correct option

Just what I was gonna say. If you are happy with the team option 3 leaves you with take the hit.

If you want to sort out the defence a bit more then wildcard. Aguero is already costing you 0.2 more than at the start of the week, another rise expected tonight. It'll be half a million if you leave it much longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

With Costa "in doubt" Aguero is a main man this gameweek.

Surprisingly nobody mentioned the early game yet. Isn't it going to be the most boring, goalless match ever?

Last week changed it i guess:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

wonski wrote: »
    With Costa "in doubt" Aguero is a main man this gameweek.

Surprisingly nobody mentioned the early game yet. Isn't it going to be the most boring, goalless match ever?

Last week changed it i guess:D

I did not realise it was the early game......away game too after a long trip to Russia.....hhhmmm maybe I will captain Costa or sterling ......

km79 wrote: »
    I did not realise it was the early game......away game too after a long trip to Russia.....hhhmmm maybe I will captain Costa or sterling ......

Aguero is on fire. Unless they travelled with budget airline I wouldn't be worried about this long trip to Russia tbh.

Last game was an early one, too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Doris300 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of bringing in a Spurs defender? They have a good run of games and kept a few clean sheets at the beginning of the year but have had tough fixtures recently.

I'm going for Kaboul. Busy at work today and haven't seen team news. Was he definitely just rested Thursday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

About to get sanchez in . Wenger mentioned that theo will probably get a run out next week and that's the game I want sanchez for. Has sanchez been playing left or right side.

• Advertisement

About to get sanchez in . Wenger mentioned that theo will probably get a run out next week and that's the game I want sanchez for. Has sanchez been playing left or right side.
    On the right during their last CL game iirc.

Lot of passes and crosses. No player to take it from there, though.

I don't expect Walcott to start this weeek to be honest. More likely on the bench and played for anything between 5-20 minutes.

Got Sanchez in anyway. Those 2 can make a hurricane:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

DiMaria - Schurrle/Oscar

DiMaria has 2 tough fixtures, Costa (maybe out), no Remy, Drogba prob won't start. Schurrle might start up top

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm going for Kaboul. Busy at work today and haven't seen team news. Was he definitely just rested Thursday night?

What are the reasons that Kaboul is the most popular Spurs defender of choice ahead of Rose?

Looking to bring in one of them and my instinct says Rose but everywhere I look is mentioning Kaboul.
    As I see it they are as likely as each other to be dropped. Ben Davies has done nothing of note in the Europa League to suggest he will displace Rose anytime soon. Kaboul is more likely to get a red card than get a goal, while Rose is a decent shout for assists.

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    DiMaria - Schurrle/Oscar

DiMaria has 2 tough fixtures, Costa (maybe out), no Remy, Drogba prob won't start. Schurrle might start up top

Is Schurrle good enough and fit enough to be up top?

I feel it will be either Drogba or Costa. More like Costa tbh. This is based on nothing but I can't see Schurrle taking their position, unless Costa's injury is more serious than we thought.

An exciting weekend ahead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    What are the reasons that Kaboul is the most popular Spurs defender of choice ahead of Rose?

Looking to bring in one of them and my instinct says Rose but everywhere I look is mentioning Kaboul.
    As I see it they are as likely as each other to be dropped. Ben Davies has done nothing of note in the Europa League to suggest he will displace Rose anytime soon. Kaboul is more likely to get a red card than get a goal, while Rose is a decent shout for assists.

Kaboul is captain so has a better chance of playing regularly IMO. Kaboul also has a decent goal scoring record - 10 goals in 145 PL games according to Wiki.

Both have 25 points so far this season so there's little between them.

Still in transfer paralysis....

Toying over all possible combinations of Sterling and/or ADM out for Hazard and/or Sanchez to put it in a sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

FHFC wrote: »
    Still in transfer paralysis....

Toying over all possible combinations of Sterling and/or ADM out for Hazard and/or Sanchez to put it in a sentence.

Could be a good move. Course there are question marks. Sterling obviously has two easy games this week and next, so I'd worry about getting rid. He should do his usual and pull something off. I'm not expecting big things from ADM against Chelsea, but it's also hard to know if Hazard will produce FPL points.

Difficult one to call. :o

After a week of non stop thinking I just did PVA and ADM to wisdom and sanchez. Have the exact money left for silva to hazard for next week.

After a week of non stop thinking I just did PVA and ADM to wisdom and sanchez. Have the exact money left for silva to hazard for next week.

Just read on FFS that Sterling and Tadic are the top mids for shots on target, while Hull have conceded the most shots in the box away from home. Think that buys Sterling another week at least. Especially with the slight chance he may be up front for some of the match.

Think it will be Sanchez in for ADM, but will sleep on it. Will leave me with 1.6 in the bank and 2 FTs for next week. Can get Hazard for either Sterling or Fab then.

Just read on FFS that Sterling and Tadic are the top mids for shots on target, while Hull have conceded the most shots in the box away from home. Think that buys Sterling another week at least. Especially with the slight chance he may be up front for some of the match.

Think it will be Sanchez in for ADM, but will sleep on it. Will leave me with 1.6 in the bank and 2 FTs for next week. Can get Hazard for either Sterling or Fab then.
    Seen a suggested team that had borini starting tomorrow sterling was starting aswell. I dont have sterling and now I dont have ADM two players with huge ownership that could ruin my gameweek.

• Advertisement

Seen a suggested team that had borini starting tomorrow sterling was starting aswell. I dont have sterling and now I dont have ADM two players with huge ownership that could ruin my gameweek.

Guardian had Mario. FFS don't have a Liverpool lineup up for some reason. Can't seetit being Mario though. I'd expect Lambert to get a chance, but Sterling could end up up there a bit. Hull have a lot of injuries too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Had 2FT and 4 million in bank so just need Blackett to Baines. Didn't see anything else worth doing so banking other transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

What about Ramsey in for sterling this week????

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

After days of thinking about it and discussing with work colleagues...I finally did 2 transfers.... ADM and Wilson to Eriksen and Baines.
    Have 1.1 in the bank so I can get ADM back in in a few weeks IF he continues his good form after his tough run of fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Di Maria is fit!

35xyux.jpg
    For me, in order,
    Hazard,
    ADM,
    Sterling,
    Sanchez
    Wait a week and get Walcott for ADM, then go Sterling>Hazard
    beaver111 wrote: »
    What about Ramsey in for sterling this week????
    This week alone, not a hope. Long term, not a hope

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Brought in Eriksen for Zaha, and Berahino for Ulloa, and now regretting it.

Trying to pick 7 from

Eriksen, Di Maria, Sterling, Tadic, Sig, Costa, Pelle and Berahino.

Who the hell do I leave out of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

From top of my money league by 50+ points to leading by a single point this week it's fair to say I had literally the worst week ever last week so I shook things up with my wildcard after mulling it over all week and still not knowing anything about Costa.

Opinions?

Guzan

---Konchesky-Wisdom-Clyne

Tadic-Siggy-Sanchez-Fab-DiMaria

Pelle-Aguero(c)

Bench:
    Elliot (gk)
    Sakho
    Taylor
    Duff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thinking of taking a -8pt hit. What do ye think? Good or bad? Worth the hit? Next week I plan to put Forster in so I'll have Southampton cover.

Sterling, Ulloa, Wilson and Bertrand - OUT

Pelle, Baines, Wisdom, Albrighton - IN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Think people should wait to see how Walcott fares in the team and how it may affect Sanchez before swapping him in for ADM or whoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Last week's transfer: Wisdom to Azpi. That worked out well :o

This week's transfer: Azpi to Wisdom.

West Brom's fixtures for the next three GWs are OK and I've got good enough options in defence. Banking the second transfer.

Advertisement