Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Leaf 12.5G Pack

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/lifestyle/government-spends-2bn-tax-revenue-from-cigarettes-on-smokingrelated-illnesses-29083408.html

Each smoker costs the state around €2,000. Grow up stop wasting yer money and stop killing yerselves slowly. :)

False figures as doesn't include the death benefit of smokers to the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/lifestyle/government-spends-2bn-tax-revenue-from-cigarettes-on-smokingrelated-illnesses-29083408.html

Each smoker costs the state around €2,000. Grow up stop wasting yer money and stop killing yerselves slowly. :)

Each smoker also earns the government 2k per year on taxes on cigarettes, according to that article

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm afraid I gonna have to bump this: Slightly off topic but how much is the actual retail price for 12.5G of Cutter's Choice these days, I am sure it is just under Six Euros, I was at a corner shop in Salthill, lets just say the start of Upper Salthill which charged me 6.75 Euros for a 12.5 packet of Cutter's Choice, now I think that is too high a mark up, I was in a rush at the time so didn't really have time to dispute. But I'm thinking of sending a complaint to Trading and Standards as that is too much of a raise in price.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I'm afraid I gonna have to bump this: Slightly off topic but how much is the actual retail price for 12.5G of Cutter's Choice these days, I am sure it is just under Six Euros, I was at a corner shop in Salthill, lets just say the start of Upper Salthill which charged me 6.75 Euros for a 12.5 packet of Cutter's Choice, now I think that is too high a mark up, I was in a rush at the time so didn't really have time to dispute. But I'm thinking of sending a complaint to Trading and Standards as that is too much of a raise in price.

Surely they can charge whatever they like for a product they sell? Dunno what it would have to do with Trading and Standards, particularly as they are a UK organisation...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Surely they can charge whatever they like for a product they sell? Dunno what it would have to do with Trading and Standards, particularly as they are a UK organisation...

There is an Irish one too, well there at least used to be an ad on the telly about one, no stuff like tobacco and cigarettes has to be the particular trading price in all stores as far as I know. Here is a link to the Irish one: http://www.nsai.ie/About-NSAI.aspx

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

There is an Irish one too, well there at least used to be an ad on the telly about one, no stuff like tobacco and cigarettes has to be the particular trading price in all stores as far as I know.

Well there's the national consumer agency i suppose, but don't know if this would be within their remit or not.

I wasn't aware of that, and I smoke and all, should count ourselves lucky if so, the same pack of smokes can differ in price +-$10 or more in Australia depending on where you are and what shop you're in!

Advertisement