Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Leaf 12.5G Pack

Options
  • 17-10-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, cigarettes went up in the budget by 40 cent for 20 and rolling tobacco went up by 20 cent for 25 gram pack, yet I was charged 4.90 for a 12.5 pack of Amber leaf and the guy in the shop said that the 12.5 pack had gone up by 40 cent, anyone else charged this or was this just overcharging.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Only 20c, they should have hit ye for a €.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Joan has three apples left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If your gonna smoke, don't smoke amber leaf, its dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I paid €9.60 for my smokes this morning, I was expecting to pay €10+ but no, apparently they had to wait for the stockists of the vending machine to refill the machine and change the prices.

I wasn't complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Problems some people do have, thought facebook was for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

200motels wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right forum for this, cigarettes went up in the budget by 40 cent for 20 and rolling tobacco went up by 20 cent for 25 gram pack, yet I was charged 4.90 for a 12.5 pack of Amber leaf and the guy in the shop said that the 12.5 pack had gone up by 40 cent, anyone else charged this or was this just overcharging.
    I put the price up on all our cigarettes today and it automatically updated the rrp on our handheld scanner that allows us to change the prices. I was surprised also that the rrp was 5.90 but all the other prices were correct so I didn't query it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

According to Supervalu online shop, the box is €5.90 and the pouch is €5.60. So, you either got a box and paid for a box or you got a pouch and paid for a box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Might as well just roll up your notes and burn them, disgusting habit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Only 20c, they should have hit ye for a €.
    SweetChaos wrote: »

Ex-smoker myself. Off them 2 years now & I hope I'll never become as sanctimonious & self righteous as this pair.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

SweetChaos wrote: »

Yeah, I hate money-burners. Cigarettes are waay nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Think its 3.60 for 50 gram here in Belgium at the minute. You'd get a return flight on the cheap too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Ex-smoker myself. Off them 2 years now & I hope I'll never become as sanctimonious & self righteous as this pair.:rolleyes:

heh heh heh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

The problems some of ye have are amazing. They should have uped the price of fags by €2-3. So ye can waste more of yer own money and some of ye might think of stopping then and saving the health sector some money!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

The problems some of ye have are amazing. They should have uped the price of fags by €2-3. So ye can waste more of yer own money and some of ye might think of stopping then and saving the health sector some money!

That would do **** all good.You clearly dont understand addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Jesus.

What's it got to do with you what other people spend their money on? The tax on cigarettes more than pays for the cost to the health sector.

Don't mind if I do... http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1.0-0/s240x240/1174550_727907897240759_1522164160_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭butterfly28

In reference to the price of amber leaf,the large 25g pouch has gone up to €11 which is outrageous! Also,regarding previous comments here,it's true,it is an addiction and I pay the government more than 80% tax on the tobacco I buy along with every other smoker meaning that the government would be so very sorry to see the whole country quit - honestly,what would they do? And every illness going could not be blamed on smoking.....it'd be a different story if the drink was hiked up by 60c but at least I'm in control of all my faculties as I smoke!! ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

That would do **** all good.You clearly dont understand addiction.

Sheep with no will power?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I used to smoke about twenty a day. Then I decided one day to try and see if I could give them up. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to cos I really loved my fag breaks at work and in the pub. I had a few hard times I even used to walk behind smokers in the street but I'm off them ten years now. I still get the odd craving though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Who is Will Power, and what has he got to do with this thread?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

It is a terrible addiction. I wish I never started. What's worse is that I didn't start till aged 21!

In saying that, it's cheaper than the coke habit I used to have!

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Think its 3.60 for 50 gram here in Belgium at the minute. You'd get a return flight on the cheap too...
    For 50g of turf, maybe....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Esel wrote: »
    For 50g of turf, maybe....

Talk to the backwards man if you want turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Gave them up last April because of the cost. Still miss the bastards and I have piled on the weight :(

Human and one of the most addictive substances in the world.

It is a terrible addiction. I wish I never started. What's worse is that I didn't start till aged 21!

In saying that, it's cheaper than the coke habit I used to have!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

also had to pay 5.90, it seems thats the price for it now

Talk to the backwards man if you want turf.
    Would monsieur like mayonnaise with his frites?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Yer man on the Amber Leaf has some neck on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Did the OP not say it was 4.90 rather than 5.90. I bought 12.5 gram of Cutters Choice and skins which set me back 6.25 Euros today in the town centre, so its steep enough.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement