Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Leaf 12.5G Pack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Any one else found a sliver of mouse sh1t?

I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ne

Any one else found a sliver of mouse sh1t?

I did.

Rare ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Ex-smoker myself. Off them 2 years now & I hope I'll never become as sanctimonious & self righteous as this pair.:rolleyes:

I always find it strange the way smoking is defended with such vigour. It's personal choice they say, leave them alone and stop being so sanctimonious and yet I'd be willing to bet if we changed this to alcoholism or heroin addiction you wouldn't have been so quick to call people sanctimonious.

The aul tobacco companies must love it. Create a product that people get addicted to, kills them/reduces life length/quality and yet people still defend it.

Tis bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I always find it strange the way smoking is defended with such vigour. It's personal choice they say, leave them alone and stop being so sanctimonious and yet I'd be willing to bet if we changed this to alcoholism or heroin addiction you wouldn't have been so quick to call people sanctimonious.

The aul tobacco companies must love it. Create a product that people get addicted to, kills them/reduces life length/quality and yet people still defend it.

Tis bizarre.

Where did the person you quoted defend smoking?

COYVB wrote: »
    Where did the person you quoted defend smoking?

Cleeeearly indirectly defending it by calling out people as being sanctimonious and self righteous. Or in other words shut up.

I'd be willing to bet your life has been touched by a smoking related death (my father died of heart failure and uncle of lung cancer, both caused by smoking, for example) and yet it's often the case people are made to shut up when they talk out about smoking. Like I said, it's bizarre.

• Advertisement

Cleeeearly indirectly defending it by calling out people as being sanctimonious and self righteous

That's one hell of a leap in logic

That's one hell of a leap in logic

I disagree as it's a prevalent attitude in society. Mind your own business is the message. Like I said, the tobacco companies must laugh so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

disagree as it's a prevalent attitude in society. Mind your own business is the message. Like I said, the tobacco companies must laugh so hard.

How is it a prevalent attitude in society when smoking is banned in more public areas than ever before? There are far more non-smokers in Irish society than smokers, and it's a rare occasion now I can light up and smoke without someone asking me "Would you ever try e-cigarettes?". I tried them, I didn't like them.

I'm not impolite about it until they tell me about all their relatives and friends that died from smoking related illnesses, or how I'm going to die from a smoking related illness, etc. It's not as if I'm not already aware of the facts regarding smoking, it's not as if I'm going out of my way to be rude, but honestly - would you take time out of your day to listen to a Jehovah Witness tell you that you need to find Jesus in your life?

Then what makes you think I need to hear about dead people while I'm enjoying a smoke? There's plenty worse ways to die, I try not to think about death anyway as I'd be a miserable shìt if I spent all day thinking about how every cigarette is shortening my life by five minutes, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mind your own business is the message.

If only people would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

SweetChaos wrote: »
    Might as well just roll up your notes and burn them, disgusting habit

I take it you don't drink either?

Might as well liquidize your money and drink it, disgusting habit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Thanks for all the reply, didn't think I'd get a wide variety of comments, so it's 5.90 then, so be it and as a smoker it is a disgusting addiction but I love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Unfortunately, they don't love you back and will fuck you up royally.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

50g pack is a fiver in the canaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

yipeeeee wrote: »
    50g pack is a fiver in the canaries.

And down the local market.

That's all this increase will do, encourage illicit tobacco sales.

People want to smoke. Clog up our health system. That's just the way it is. You can educate people, and if they want to smoke after that then they want to smoke. Just the nature of the game, stop giving them a pounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭batistuta9

how many fags would you get from the 12.5g packs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

batistuta9 wrote: »
    how many fags would you get from the 12.5g packs
    It depends - on how thin/thick/long you make them; whether or not you use a filter etc. Anywhere from 10 to 40+.

Not your ornery onager

The better you get at rolling them properly the less tobacco you use, the slower they burn when you're not taking a drag, and the nicer a smoke it is all round. So the answer to that question is probably: A lot less now (since you have to ask that question) than you would manage in 6 months

so the thinner the better & you should get around 40, not bad for €6 considering it's €10 for 20 cigs.

Pretty sure I used to get 60-70 from a 12.5g pouch. One box of the 50g pouches from the duty free lasted me a year

60-70, better again :pac:
    no wonder you see loads smoking them now, only ones you never really see smoking them is younger women

you give them up?

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    so the thinner the better & you should get around 40, not bad for €6 considering it's €10 for 20 cigs.
    There is no real 'better', but rolling thin is the key. If you can realise/remember that you just really want/need one/two/three drags, you can roll short and thin. Paper is cheaper than tobacco. For 1/2/3 drags, you don't need a filter, and you just need to use a small amount of tobacco.

Best advice: Don't start.

Better advice: Stop.

Good advice: Cut down/taper off, then stop.

Not your ornery onager

Pretty sure I used to get 60-70 from a 12.5g pouch. One box of the 50g pouches from the duty free lasted me a year
    60-70 from 12.5g? Maybe, just maybe, if they were real skinny.

Not your ornery onager

better in monetary terms anyway, one guy getting say 20 from a pack and another getting 40 or whatever

Esel wrote: »
    60-70 from 12.5g? Maybe, just maybe, if they were real skinny.

They were. We're talking a pinch of tobacco in each, rolled very, very thin. Lasted as long as a regular smoke and got rid of any cravings. I found I just needed enough tobacco in it to line a thin cylinder and all was good. Took a long, long while for my rolling to get to that stage though. I also used filters - the thinnest ones available (not Swan, because they were always too thick)

They were. We're talking a pinch of tobacco in each, rolled very, very thin. Lasted as long as a regular smoke and got rid of any cravings. I found I just needed enough tobacco in it to line a thin cylinder and all was good. Took a long, long while for my rolling to get to that stage though. I also used filters - the thinnest ones available (not Swan, because they were always too thick)
    Not believing the bold bit above. How many drags?

Not your ornery onager

Long time ago, so couldn't tell you. But they literally lasted as long as the smokes of anyone around having a regular one. The trick was they didn't burn much at all when not being dragged, so you were actually getting the full smoke off it rather than 3/4 of it if you were standing around talking. The downside is they went out easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

I'd say amber leaf have made a fortune since the recession, very clever marketing ploy including the papers and filter in the box too,one thing I have noticed with it is you don't get the same nicotine hit as a normal smoke therefore I tend to smoke more of the amber leaf

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Personally I think cigarettes and tobacco should be €50 a box. Filthy unhealthy habit that serves no purpose only to kill yourself and waste valuable HSE money.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to eat a breakfast roll and vomit up the belly full of liquor I had in the pub last night.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

The problems some of ye have are amazing. They should have uped the price of fags by €2-3. So ye can waste more of yer own money and some of ye might think of stopping then and saving the health sector some money!

If it wasn't for the taxes that smokers and drinkers pay there wouldn't BE a health sector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/lifestyle/government-spends-2bn-tax-revenue-from-cigarettes-on-smokingrelated-illnesses-29083408.html

Each smoker costs the state around €2,000. Grow up stop wasting yer money and stop killing yerselves slowly. :)

Advertisement