Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euromillions €160,000,000 - Objects of desire.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Lots of media attention on this thankfully, nobody will notice that I won the Irish Lottery jackpot tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

TheZohan wrote: »
    That makes no sense at all.

Portugal was hit hard during the downturn its one of the PIIGS is it not (Portugal Italy Ireland Greece). a list of countries that are usually clobbered a lot harder whenever there is a recession. could you explain to me why you don't think my statement makes no sense please zohan?

the person who won it could have been in dire straits money wise.

if you want to insert your own dire straits money for nothing joke please feel free to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Macavity. wrote: »
    I'd still have water.

What sort of witchcraft is this?

Everyone knows, if you want water you have to pay Irish Water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

UCDVet wrote: »
    What sort of witchcraft is this?

Everyone knows, if you want water you have to pay Irish Water!

The community group water scheme. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Portugal was hit hard during the downturn its one of the PIIGS is it not (Portugal Italy Ireland Greece). a list of countries that are usually clobbered a lot harder whenever there is a recession. could you explain to me why you don't think my statement makes no sense please zohan?

the person who won it could have been in dire straits money wise.

if you want to insert your own dire straits money for nothing joke please feel free to do so.

By your logic anyone from one of the countries that were hit by the recession would have been a worthwhile recipient, this simply isn't the case.

It would be great so see an individual that really needed the money win, however there are plenty of well off people living in Portugal that wouldn't need such a win. Country shouldn't come into it, personal circumstances should.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

By your logic anyone from one of the countries that were hit by the recession would have been a worthwhile recipient, this simply isn't the case.

It would be great so see an individual that really needed the money win, however there are plenty of well off people living in Portugal that wouldn't need such a win. Country shouldn't come into it, personal circumstances should.

Nobody needs to win €160m...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I woke up to an email message from Lottery online advising me to check my account!

I summoned by my sinews and logged in.

I won €4.:o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Sonics2k wrote: »
    This gaming PC

Comes with a surround sound system and multiple monitors, all built into a freaking chair.

And I'd only use it for Facebook and Angry Birds.

jaysus, im nearly tempted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Heisenberg88

Just a house with and build a huge massive room with a gigantic projector screen, home bar, pool table, air hockey, arcade machines, recliner leather seats, Bowling lanes, golf/racing simulator.

Every young lads dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

porsche959 wrote: »
    I woke up to an email message from Lottery online advising me to check my account!

I summoned by my sinews and logged in.

I won €4.:o:pac:

Similar here. I got my biggest win of the year €31

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You'd think with the abundance of cash generated each week the lottery organisers could develop a decent website FFS.

4 times this morning I tried logging in to be told wrong username and password (it's not)

Fcuking hate that site with a vengeance. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Edit, now it's locked me out.

Worst website EVER.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 DiegoCosta

Edit, now it's locked me out.

Worst website EVER.

Check if you have caps lock on.

i see your point zohan I totally agree but these countries that were really hit hard they would have a very large part of the population on their uppers. I know there are lots of well off people living in these countries but I should imagine or I would like to think that the person who won was somebody that was up against the wall financially. Of course it could have been someone who was quite well off who won the cash, but hey that's the nature of the beast, anyone can play. No matter who it was I say good luck to them and spend the money wisely.

Nobody needs to win €160m...

Yes they do, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

An indoor 18 hole champion golf course, with cocaine in bunkers instead of sand,cannabis plants instead of trees with live in prostitutes tending to the greens.Also on site would be a salmon river,a ,5 star luxury hotel exclusively for homless people,who would only pay me 20quid a week all inclusive,they would also get as much drugs as they could handle for free and a private luas line spur to ferry them in and out of the city centre.Then u have my gaf,a massive 20 bed mansion featuring a wine cellar, stables,Seperate accomodation for guests/Prostitutes,an ice rink,several bars,a bowling alley and a swimming pool with a swim up snooker table made of marble.It would be staffed 24 hours a day by a team of high end hoors working on a rotating shift basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

An indoor 18 hole champion golf course, with cocaine in bunkers instead of sand,cannabis plants instead of trees with live in prostitutes tending to the greens.Also on site would be a salmon river,a ,5 star luxury hotel exclusively for homless people,who would only pay me 20quid a week all inclusive,they would also get as much drugs as they could handle for free and a private luas line spur to ferry them in and out of the city centre.Then u have my gaf,a massive 20 bed mansion featuring a wine cellar, stables,Seperate accomodation for guests/Prostitutes,an ice rink,several bars,a bowling alley and a swimming pool with a swim up snooker table made of marble.It would be staffed 24 hours a day by a team of high end hoors working on a rotating shift basis.

I would buy a whole fleet of opel corsa's one for every day of the week. I would go for a two week break in bundoran, stop shopping in aldi and go back to tescos, head out for a takeaway more than once a week, buy some new runners, and instead of putting ten euro credit on the mobile phone every so often I would put 20 instead so I can chat to the brother in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Ireland came close to another big euromillions winner tonight match 5 + 1
    just over half a million sold mid west
    winning €15 million ticket sold in France played myself didn't win a penny
    better luck tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭DarraghFitz98

Grimsby Town Football Club,fairly useless but I'd buy them!

Give a struggling premier league/Spanish club in debt 60 million euro to play me as a striker for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

123balltv wrote: »
    Ireland came close to another big euromillions winner tonight match 5 + 1
    just over half a million sold mid west
    winning €15 million ticket sold in France played myself didn't win a penny
    better luck tomorrow.

and AGAIN tonight! Irish winner will get €355,794 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Amazingfun wrote: »
    and AGAIN tonight! Irish winner will get €355,794 :)

Amazing, you could buy a house with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I get depressed thinking what I'd do with that cash.

Job? Gone.
    Ireland? **** off.
    Family/friends? No more monetary worries, ever.

I'd spend the rest of my life traveling and helping those who need it most.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 tyga

I got the first three numbers of the 190,000,000 draw in row. I couldn't help but think the stars were aligning in my favour, but alas it wasn't to be :'(

Any information on that Portuguese winner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

UCDVet wrote: »
    If someone enjoys drinking, I wouldn't call the local pub a 'tax on stupid! Hahaha - they pay money and then just piss it out!'. Well sure, but they also *enjoy* it. I don't drink at pubs, because I don't enjoy it, but that doesn't mean they're stupid or wrong.

Meh, not the best comparison. If you buy an alcoholic drink and there is a 1 in 9,200,000 chance that it's not water, but alcohol, then yeah fair comparison. :pac: :P

Mila Kunis on bread would do nicely, pity money can't buy you everything. For everything else theres Mastercard. Well Mastercard can't get me this, can I sue for 160 mill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Blow it all in the space of a month with a big fúck off Wolf Of Wall Street style bender.

Hookers, cocaine, €2000 suits, booze, yachts, Ferrari's. Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

One of those aeromobil flying cars. Say goodbye to traffic forever... Until I end up on an episode of Air Crash Investigations that is.

Advertisement