Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euromillions €160,000,000 - Objects of desire.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

AlexisM wrote: »
    I really think this would only work if you were happy to share evenly with everyone. Can't see it working if you say 'this is a syndicate and my share is 80M, each of my siblings and my wife's siblings get 10M, these friends get 2M each, these friends get 1M each and these friends get 500K each...' - really can't see Revenue falling for that being a genuine syndicate (who contributed what etc...) If it was a straight 'my siblings and I get 40M each' - that would likely work.

But I cant see what it matters what they do or do not believe surely only what they can prove? Id imagine you could easily say you and x friends each buy lotto tickets under the agreement that should you win the jackpot you keep a third, give family a third and split the rest with the syndicate?

Anyhow the first thing id do is hire an architect and start the design of a dream abode by the sea in West Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I would take a couple of years off work and build myself a house like this. It's SO PRETTY.

But my very first purchase- the very first thing I'd do- would be a stupidly amazing night out for my 2 best friends. It's probably how I'd break the news to them. Organise it in secret, and tell them we're going out for the night as normal. But have a limo waiting full of silly little gifts and all their favourite things, and at the end of the night have a presidential suite booked somewhere ridiculous with even more presents and exciting things inside. Maybe puppies. I could totally organise a puppy party for them, inside the presidential suite. PUPPIES EVERYWHERE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,817 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Still no winner, nearly €182 million. 8 tickets including one from Ireland got €333,000 for 5 + 1 star. They might be having mixed feelings.

€190 million on Friday which will be divided between the holders of the next tier winning tickets if nobody matches 5 + 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I'm goin in again. I want a plane now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Still no winner, nearly €182 million.

Did a couple of lines earlier and hadn't checked the results. Feck it, was living the dream until I read that.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

I'd ask ' CHERYL' If she'd let me prune her rose's. while Rachel Riley made us a cuppa tae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I've always flirted with the idea of buying a massive warehouse and kitting it out like the old kid's playzone place back in Omni- remember, the one with the near sheer-vertical drop slide into a ball pit?
    Loads of foam rubber tunnels and mazes to explore and no screaming kids- also, a huge bouncy castle and a climbing wall.
    Used to love the auld ball pit and foam maze places as a kid but I used to hate the screaming kiddy clientele.
    Always wanted to have the run of the place to myself and a few mates- get drunk and swim in the ballpit. Fun times! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Still no winner, nearly €182 million. 8 tickets including one from Ireland got €333,000 for 5 + 1 star. They might be having mixed feelings.

€190 million on Friday which will be divided between the holders of the next tier winning tickets if nobody matches 5 + 2.

lol, I thought the same! Just imagine being that close to 160 million...the 333,000 would seem like a kick in the teeth :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭worded

Amazingfun wrote: »
    lol, I thought the same! Just imagine being that close to 160 million...the 333,000 would seem like a kick in the teeth :P

333K not to be sniffed at !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Reasonable sized house nothing too mental one it has a big enough garage with it. Put in a gym, quit my job and spend 4 years as an apprentice mechanic and then 4 more as a vehicle body worker, then restore a '68 Ford Mustang Fastback and a '67 Chevy Impala and working on cars with mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

AlexisM wrote: »
    I really think this would only work if you were happy to share evenly with everyone. Can't see it working if you say 'this is a syndicate and my share is 80M, each of my siblings and my wife's siblings get 10M, these friends get 2M each, these friends get 1M each and these friends get 500K each...' - really can't see Revenue falling for that being a genuine syndicate (who contributed what etc...) If it was a straight 'my siblings and I get 40M each' - that would likely work.
    a woman from national lottery was on rte a few weeks ago confirming that this 'syndicate' method happens and is legit. It isn't necessary for all 'members to have the same stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I think I read somewhere that it can remain at €190M for two draws without a jackpot win before it would go to the next tier. Real shame that there is no waterfall of the prizes through the tier.
    My most disappointing win in the Irish lotto in the plus draw was €32 for match 4 plus the bonus. I could plug every penny I have each week into the lotto and never match 4 plus the bonus again. :(, or even 4 numbers for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,817 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I think I read somewhere that it can remain at €190M for two draws without a jackpot win before it would go to the next tier. Real shame that there is no waterfall of the prizes through the tier.
    My most disappointing win in the Irish lotto in the plus draw was €32 for match 4 plus the bonus. I could plug every penny I have each week into the lotto and never match 4 plus the bonus again. :(, or even 4 numbers for that matter.

Yes, I realised that after I posted. But it is unlikely that there will be no 5 + 1 winners if there are no 5 + 2. Could happen though. The cap is now €190 fixed. Before this each time the cap was reached it went up €5 million.

It is good to be prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭worded

a woman from national lottery was on rte a few weeks ago confirming that this 'syndicate' method happens and is legit. It isn't necessary for all 'members to have the same stake.

I think the contracts need to be agreed and signed before anyone signs the back of the ticket.

1/3 tax is a good incentive to go the syndicate route

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CentimoSal

I'd buy a new abode away from the coast, because global warming

I've watched far too many Youtube videos about the absolute inaction regarding global warming, that I couldn't live idly without some assurance I won't be living in a swamp by the age of 60/70/80...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I think I replied on this thread but if not here goes anyway.

Improve facilities in hospices, better food kitchens/facilities for the people who need help and I'd invest alot into my local area in terms of the elderly,

On a personal note I'd fly around the world going to different cultural events but mainly sporting events as much as possible. Golf tourny's, Lions tour, American football, soccer-ball, MMA, even cricket down in Aus. Sports, sports, sports all the way, fcuk it even Rugby League.

Oh the joys of dreaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

put the money into my bank account and not spend a penny. apply for the dole as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

put the money into my bank account and not spend a penny. apply for the dole as well!

It will have to be the credit union.

JSA applicants need to show a bank statement

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

I want a house, just an average house in a great area that my kid would like! I'd be happy with plus prize of 500.000 :) I think winning 160million would stress me out!! Even if I have a bit extra money, I never know what to spend it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

A new husband..... I'm due an upgrade ... Something in a younger model
    We wouldn't be seen for days.... Yes he certainly would be an object of desire
    I'd have every bit of me nipped and tucked also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Em

I could do anything and everything I wanted to do, big penthouse apartments dotted around the world,big sailing yacht with crew,private jet,

There's loads more but as I just checked my euro million ticket with six lines on it,and ident win a cent, it's back to work for me :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

A pair of google class
    A condo in the plaza hotel
    Tulira castle in Galway
    Then I would donate to charities that support the arts and help children

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

gjc wrote: »
    A new husband..... I'm due an upgrade ... Something in a younger model
    We wouldn't be seen for days.... Yes he certainly would be an object of desire
    I'd have every bit of me nipped and tucked also

How much younger are we talking?
    Macavity. wrote: »
    I would hire so many prostitutes and do so so much drugs, it would not be good for me.

So one of each then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

1 Portuguese winner. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Macavity. wrote: »
    The chances of winning are so so slim, yet people buy a ticket each week. I'm assuming that's what he means.

Compared to other forms of entertainment, the expected outcome of the lotto is a lot higher than most everything else.

If I pay 60 quid to download a new video game - I'm going to pay 60 and get back 0. If I go see a movie, I'm going to pay 20 quid and get back 0. If I go out to dinner or out drinking - whatever I spend - I'm not getting it back.

When you buy a lottery ticket, you get to play the fun game of 'What if....' - which is what this entire thread is about. 'What would I do *if* I won'.

A lottery ticket strikes me as a very cheap form of entertainment. I buy one ticket, once per month. I don't see any logical fallacy in doing so and I don't get why people are so quick to assume anyone who buys a ticket doesn't understand maths or is stupid.

If someone enjoys drinking, I wouldn't call the local pub a 'tax on stupid! Hahaha - they pay money and then just piss it out!'. Well sure, but they also *enjoy* it. I don't drink at pubs, because I don't enjoy it, but that doesn't mean they're stupid or wrong.

I've never heard anyone suggest that the lotto is viable investment strategy. Those people might not understand basic maths and/or might be stupid, but I don't know if they even exist. I know a lot of people who buy tickets as a form of entertainment (and, as an added bonus, a charitable act).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

1 Portuguese winner. :(

In my most bitter moment today I imagined one of the many Irish gangsters or Tax evaders winning it :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

glad to see the money has gone to a winner that comes from a country that really suffered in the economic crash that has effected us all. I would have laughed if the money was won by someone in Ireland that worked for Irish Water.

a sad/angry laugh made through gritted teeth but a laugh all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

glad to see the money has gone to a winner that comes from a country that really suffered in the economic crash that has effected us all. I would have laughed if the money was won by someone in Ireland that worked for Irish Water.

a sad/angry laugh made through gritted teeth but a laugh all the same.

If we didn't have Irish Water we'd have no water. They're heroes in my book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I'd still have water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

glad to see the money has gone to a winner that comes from a country that really suffered in the economic crash that has effected us all.

That makes no sense at all.

Advertisement