Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Librarians [TNT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I watched the first 2 eps, and have recorded the rest (on upc box)
    But according to my recordings, I have eps 4,6,7 and 9?
    Anyone else on upc have this? Am wondering if they are what they say they are or just numbered wrong 😨

Only 6 episodes have aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

My sky box was saying I'd recorded episode 6 and yet it was 5. Even tried doing it off demand and it was the same so I'd say it was listed wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

They do a video blog after each show, but they count them as an episode as far as the numbering is concerned, so that could be why UPC's numbering seems out of place. There are currently 11 numbered episodes, but 5 of them are 2-3 minute blogs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I noticed that the last episode was directed by Jonathan Frakes.

It's still a nice passtime show, direct replacement for Warehouse 13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Another fun episode. Just felt like a rushed conclusion again. Not even sure what the coin did.

And still think Rebecca Romjin is the weakest part of the show. Even though she's a former model, she couldn't portray a convincing princess.

Agree about Rebecca Romjin, she is poor, her fight scenes are particularly woeful considering she's supposed to be the librarian's guardian.

Quite like the rest of the cast, though not sure any of them reach the heights of Pete and Myka!

Budget constraints are obvious with the show but I enjoy it and kids are enjoying it too so far which is a bonus.

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed the series.

I do hope it gets renewed for a second season, It maybe suited more as a summer show instead of a midseason one.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it's a fun show. Was the Lancelot/Galahad thing supposed to be a big reveal or was it mentioned before? If it was a big twist, it fell a little flat.

Really must get around to this, figure ill watch the three films over the weekend and then get started on this as it looks like the kind of easy to watch nonsense that will kill an afternoon or three.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭squonk

It's pure nonsesne. It's enjoyable though. Like as was said earlier I don't know if any of them will live up to Pete or Myka but it's harmless enough so far. For now the majority of the characters grate a bit. The red haired girl with Sinestheisis is just way over done. The thieving one actually needs to be told to shape up or ship out. He's really annoying. The guardian isn't up to much by the looks of it. Comparing shows, Myka was far more convincing as a warehouse agent.

On the plus side, John Larroquette is always great to watch! I wish they'd more Noah Wyle as well. I must get around to the films now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say Noah Wyle will be in it more if it gets a second season, since Falling Skies will be done by then. Unless he gets another job or just wants a break from tv. Again.

So Eve is married to Dulac? Who would've thought it.

Was a very easy, cheesy series to watch. I enjoyed it. Even Eve was a bit better towards the end, though still kinda hoped she would've died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The acting is so bad in this, I've had to stop watching it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

But it is so cheesy and it warns us of the menace of giant sea otters that are planning to take over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Mc Love wrote: »
    The acting is so bad in this, I've had to stop watching it

You could get Gielgud, Brando, Olivier and De Niro on board this and they wouldn't be able to deliver the lines with a straight face. That's the point of the whole magnificent mess.

That's the point of the whole magnificent mess.
    Which has got another season : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Librarians_%282014_TV_series%29

Season 2 trailer. Not digging it. Trying too hard to be whacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Dimensional Rifts and other such nonsense. Order your weed and drop your IQ at the door. :)

Hopefully Rebecca has improved. Though this does remind me of Warehouse 13, I don't see them getting as dark. At most it'll get as serious as Leverage sometimes did.

Have to admit TNT do have their actors, with Noah Wyle, Rebecca Romijn and Christian Kane all from previous series.

But I enjoy this series for what it is. Just fun and easy watching. There are other series that I can watch for more serious stories.

That looked more like an outtake trailer than a real trailer.

That looked more like an outtake trailer than a real trailer.

How about this one? Much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much much MUCH MUCH MUCH better. Not a single joke fell flat and it looks great. Faith restored. :)

Didn't I say it was much better?

UK release date: 02 November 2015 at 8:00pm on SyFy.

• Advertisement

Back with a double episode.

I enjoyed it but it just didn't feel as fun as last season (yet) I do like this seasons big bad and this could lead to some interesting characters appearing this season.

Has Rebecca improved any?

No really, but still the same cheesy fun as last season. Albeit with more of a SFX budget.

I could watch Lindy Booth all day in the costumes she wears on this show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They just wanted to become Warehouse 13, even having Moriarty as a baddie, although not as the main baddie..

Season 3 has been confirmed.

Decent finale. I was thinking they would find a way to go into some sort of stasis. All wrapped up in case they didn't get a third season. No worries there.

Liked the appearances of
    the TARDIS and the Delorean

Twas an enjoyable end to the season.

They need to follow up on the Lady in the Lake story though, since it's unlikely that was a one and done deal with Eve. Last time we saw her she was trying to convince Eve to join her, I believe.

• Advertisement

Season 3 returns November 20th.

Promo trailer.

Advertisement