Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Librarians [TNT]

Options
  • 10-04-2014 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭

TNT GREENLIGHTS ACTION-PACKED DRAMA SERIES "THE LIBRARIANS," STARRING REBECCA ROMIJN AND EXECUTIVE-PRODUCED BY DEAN DEVLIN

Noah Wyle to Executive-Produce and Reprise Recurring Role from The Librarian Movie Trilogy

Christian Kane, Lindy Booth, John Kim and John Larroquette to Star in Series, With Bob Newhart and Jane Curtin Set to Reprise Roles and Matt Frewer to Recur

TNT is returning to the world of its hit movie franchise The Librarian with a brand new series from Electric Entertainment and executive producers Dean Devlin, John Rogers and Marc Roskin. Rebecca Romijn (X-Men, TNT's King & Maxwell) is set to lead the cast of the new series, which is entitled The Librarians. Noah Wyle (Falling Skies, ER) will executive-produce and play a recurring role in the series, reprising his role as Flynn Carsen from TNT's movie trilogy. Christian Kane (TNT's Leverage, Angel), Lindy Booth (Dawn of the Dead, The Philanthropist) and John Kim (Neighbors, The Pacific) are set to round out the cast as the newest protectors of the world's mystical treasures, with Emmy(R) winner John Larroquette (Night Court, Deception) slated to play their reluctant caretaker. Also appearing from the movie trilogy will be Emmy winners Bob Newhart (The Big Bang Theory, The Bob Newhart Show) and Jane Curtin (Kate & Allie, 3rd Rock from the Sun). And Matt Frewer (Max Headroom, TNT's Falling Skies) is set to play a recurring role. TNT has ordered 10 episodes of The Librarians, with plans to launch the series in late 2014.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2014/04/10/tnt-greenlights-action-packed-drama-series-the-librarians-starring-rebecca-romijn-and-executive-produced-by-dean-devlin-591205/20140410tnt01/#xieF5plPHfGCLgpZ.99

Comments

Mr E wrote: »
    TNT GREENLIGHTS ACTION-PACKED DRAMA SERIES "THE LIBRARIANS," STARRING REBECCA ROMIJN AND EXECUTIVE-PRODUCED BY DEAN DEVLIN

Noah Wyle to Executive-Produce and Reprise Recurring Role from The Librarian Movie Trilogy

Christian Kane, Lindy Booth, John Kim and John Larroquette to Star in Series, With Bob Newhart and Jane Curtin Set to Reprise Roles and Matt Frewer to Recur

TNT is returning to the world of its hit movie franchise The Librarian with a brand new series from Electric Entertainment and executive producers Dean Devlin, John Rogers and Marc Roskin. Rebecca Romijn (X-Men, TNT's King & Maxwell) is set to lead the cast of the new series, which is entitled The Librarians. Noah Wyle (Falling Skies, ER) will executive-produce and play a recurring role in the series, reprising his role as Flynn Carsen from TNT's movie trilogy. Christian Kane (TNT's Leverage, Angel), Lindy Booth (Dawn of the Dead, The Philanthropist) and John Kim (Neighbors, The Pacific) are set to round out the cast as the newest protectors of the world's mystical treasures, with Emmy(R) winner John Larroquette (Night Court, Deception) slated to play their reluctant caretaker. Also appearing from the movie trilogy will be Emmy winners Bob Newhart (The Big Bang Theory, The Bob Newhart Show) and Jane Curtin (Kate & Allie, 3rd Rock from the Sun). And Matt Frewer (Max Headroom, TNT's Falling Skies) is set to play a recurring role. TNT has ordered 10 episodes of The Librarians, with plans to launch the series in late 2014.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2014/04/10/tnt-greenlights-action-packed-drama-series-the-librarians-starring-rebecca-romijn-and-executive-produced-by-dean-devlin-591205/20140410tnt01/#xieF5plPHfGCLgpZ.99

Think that a late 2014 release may be a bit of a show killer, this has all the trappings of a damn good summer show. Hopefully it'll be a decent little time killer, God knows we need something a little lighthearted as trash like The Following has Networks thinking that going darker is what people want

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trailers are out for this. Looks like it might scratch that Warehouse 13 itch... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I enjoyed the 3 movies for what they were.
    As you say, this will be a decent replacement for Warehouse 13

I see Christian Kane is back to about his Angel length hair than Leverage hair.
    Seeing Lindy Booth isn't a bad thing either. Plus she has experience from Relic Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts on Sunday.

I am really looking forward to this. I enjoyed the three made for tv movies.

Hoping Bob Newhart pops up every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Starts on Sunday.

I am really looking forward to this. I enjoyed the three made for tv movies.

Hoping Bob Newhart pops up every now and then.

Yeah i saw the ad afaik it's 2pm on Syfy, day before it shows on syfy.

Will have to have a look at it, handy for Rebecca Romijin as her last show was canned & i forgot Noah Wyle did the movies as the first one was years ago & since Falling Skies has one season left, it's better to branch out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Librarians will still air in the UK within 24 hours of the US broadcast, with the premiere on Syfy UK set for Monday December 8th at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I always had a soft spot for those films. This could be good fun. A bit of whimsical, lighthearted adventuring is never a bad thing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I always thought that the idea for Warehouse 13 was spun out of the Library concept. I just watched the first Librarian movie again on SyFy today and it's still enjoyable. But I think the series will struggle to be sufficiently different from Warehouse 13.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Looking forward to it. Just checked and looks like it's a double episode tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'll come back with an opinion on this evening as I only had a chance to see it's there (it would be nice to have a Sunday show to go into my schedule as it's currently empty).

• Advertisement

Well that was alot of fun.

A good mix of Eureka, Warehouse 13 & Relic Hunter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well that was alot of fun.

A good mix of Eureka, Warehouse 13 & Relic Hunter.
    I'm on the other side I guess; poor CGI, even worse fighting scenes and boring one sided characters who all have one area of expertise that needs to be used. In many ways it reminds me of Scorpion with "magic" instead of tech as the solution.

Nody wrote: »
    I'm on the other side I guess; poor CGI, even worse fighting scenes and boring one sided characters who all have one area of expertise that needs to be used. In many ways it reminds me of Scorpion with "magic" instead of tech as the solution.

I think that's why I enjoyed to be honest.

It's not taking itself too seriously it probably doesn't have a huge budget so they are haming it up and just having fun.

To many of these shows take themselves way too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

While I didn't think it was fantastic, it certainly looks like it could be a bit of fun. I liked Eureka and Warehouse 13 so I suppose it should appeal to me :)

I did roll my eyes though when they started talking about Excalibur being the sword in the stone. No people, no it's not :D

So the age of technology is coming to an end and the age of magic is beginning? Is this the prequel to Visionaries?

I enjoyed it. Must rewatch the movies again.

Actually felt a bit sad at
    poor Excalibur dying
    Like Christian Kane's reaction to the flying sword. :)

What age are these characters meant to be? Lindy Booth never seems to age, John Kim looks to be in his early 20s and Christian Kane around 30. Yet they were all candidates 10 years ago?

I think one complaint I have about the show is Rebecca Romijn's acting

Really enjoyed the first two episodes. Some fun romping. Knows exactly what it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep...good enjoyable stuff so far. I miss eureka and warehouse 13 so this fills a gap.

Looking forward to watching this, got the three films here to watch and thinking that it'll be perfect for a lazy Friday night

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it.

I thought the music was a bit overbearing at times, though....

Sh*t, we ran out of money. I know! Let's turn the minotaur into a biker!

• Advertisement

No money to make the show lets get Bruce Campbell next week :D and make it a true B-show.

Bruce Campbell as
    Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I'm liking it, i get the budget constraints and think it might improve the overall premis of the show

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

"Never bring a crowbar to a sword fight".

Finally, I now know where I have been going wrong.

Episode three and it's still great fun. Reminds me a little of Doctor Who.

Bruce Campbell :D:D:D

As good and as fun a Christmas episode I have seen in a years everything worked the cast the writing the timing of the jokes.

A great interpretation of who and what
    Santa
    is. :D

This is definitely a show for just sitting back and enjoying.

Loved Cassandra's face when she found out he was real and when she met him.

And Ezekiel being good was fun as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Just caught up on the last few episodes of this show & am starting to enjoy it, good show to just chill out & watch :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nice show this, great replacement for Warehouse 13.

Another fun episode. Just felt like a rushed conclusion again. Not even sure what the coin did.

And still think Rebecca Romjin is the weakest part of the show. Even though she's a former model, she couldn't portray a convincing princess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

I watched the first 2 eps, and have recorded the rest (on upc box)
    But according to my recordings, I have eps 4,6,7 and 9?
    Anyone else on upc have this? Am wondering if they are what they say they are or just numbered wrong 😨

Advertisement